Packers Cut AJ Hawk

I saw this as well and was just about to post it...

If he came to us cheap, he'd be good for depth IMO. He makes a ton of tackles ( he averaged over 100 per season), but was poor in coverage apparently. Wouldnt be the worst FA move if the Bills added him for depth.

i would rather have Spikes. Also GB claimed "failed physical"

No thanks. He wouldn't even be competition for Preston Brown at this point. Hawk has been overrated his entire career since being overdrafted.

Brown is way better than Hawk right now. Hawk is depth for anyone who signs him. He was benched last year and their run D improved.

He was a beast in college, then started slow in the NFL but I thought he kind of hit his stride there in Green Bay after a season or two.

I noticed that with Preston Brown this year. He seemed so slow in the Chicago opener, but kept clipping along and progressing and now everyone seems to be happy with the guy. (personally I see him as average but maybe I'm not watching him enough)

Not only don't we need Hawk, I'm wondering if Spikes is going to make the cut vs a later round LB draft pick with more upside. Even against the run I didn't see him making any game changing plays this year. I remembered him as more of an impact guy in NE.

No thanks. He wouldn't even be competition for Preston Brown at this point. Hawk has been overrated his entire career since being overdrafted.

While I agree that he would not be a necessary/good pick up today, I disagree that Hawk has been overrated his entire career.

You know who has? Kiko Alonso.

I saw this as well and was just about to post it...

If he came to us cheap, he'd be good for depth IMO. He makes a ton of tackles ( he averaged over 100 per season), but was poor in coverage apparently. Wouldnt be the worst FA move if the Bills added him for depth.

Not a knock on him but just not a very good for for this team.