QB Sean Mannion, Oregon State

YoloinOhio

Blake Bell QB, and Jesse James TE... ALL ELSE IS FOLLY!

Bell can play TE, but throws WAY too pretty of a ball, IMO... Guy can fit it in a tight spot as well... This is a super-size QB, who isn't afraid to tuck it and SMASH across the goal line. Pretty much what we thought EJ would be... Offense-wise there's a lotta VERY good picks late in this draft... On D-line there's break-neck dropoff after Rd. 1 RB Josh Robinson in the 5th or 6th would be a very nice pickup as well...

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very hard to believe Mannion will still there in 5th round. If we really want a "project" QB, we should just take the Baylor kid at 50. Wait too long for a QB and you very well could end up empty handed, ala Russell Wilson.

If it's Mannion we want, don't wait past 3.

If the BILLS like him that much, they trade back from 50 to pick up an extra 3rd or a 4th and take him IF he falls to them in the 3rd. Otherwise, QB "depth" is a luxury at this point given EJ and Cassel, the two most likely to push for the starting job.

Listening to the John Murphy Show last night, he indicated Mannion was the top QB on the Bills list (but noted they aren't really overly impressed with any of them at this point). I get the feeling if he drops to where he's the BPA on their board they would take him but aren't going to reach. He definitely thinks they will bring in 2 more QBs, at least 1 FA.

I watched a little of his game last year when I believe he was more highly touted. Dd anyone watch Mannion very closely this year and what is the assessment? I know he's a pro-style guy with good size. Good arm, not huge arm. Does he have any mobility or is he a statue in the pocket?

Great physical size; something like 6'5" and 230 lbs. Good speed. Good not great arm strength as you note.

Throwing mechanics need work; said to be rather smart and knows how to read a defense, at least at the NCAA level...

I like this kid more than a lot of other QB prospects.

He could be someone to take a flyer on.