QB Sean Mannion, Oregon State

YoloinOhio

Listening to the John Murphy Show last night, he indicated Mannion was the top QB on the Bills list (but noted they aren't really overly impressed with any of them at this point). I get the feeling if he drops to where he's the BPA on their board they would take him but aren't going to reach. He definitely thinks they will bring in 2 more QBs, at least 1 FA.

I watched a little of his game last year when I believe he was more highly touted. Dd anyone watch Mannion very closely this year and what is the assessment? I know he's a pro-style guy with good size. Good arm, not huge arm. Does he have any mobility or is he a statue in the pocket?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Mannion would be a perfect fit for Buffalo. Big QB that can pass in the Buffalo winds.

I read up on him a little more. He sounds like a little better version of Glennon as far as accuracy, but not as big of an arm. Not a lot of mobility but seems very intelligent and a 4 year starter which I know the Bills tend to like. Sounds like he needs a pretty clean pocket but if he gets it he could be pretty good, especially on his intermediate and vertical passes. I think I would use a 5th rounder since we have two.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Seems like all american looks is a contributing factor to great NFL QBs, almost as if the league wanted people like Tom Brady to succeed......

It's sounds silly but I do somewhat believe that. The QB should be the coolest guy on the team that all the girls want. It's why EJ has a shot. A lot of the girls I know think he's good looking.

It's sounds silly but I do somewhat believe that. The QB should be the coolest guy on the team that all the girls want. It's why EJ has a shot. A lot of the girls I know think he's good looking.

EJ can't read a defense to save his life, has horrible pocket presence & his accuracy is even worse but hey he could get a date on a Saturday night so he must be good!

Listening to the John Murphy Show last night, he indicated Mannion was the top QB on the Bills list (but noted they aren't really overly impressed with any of them at this point). I get the feeling if he drops to where he's the BPA on their board they would take him but aren't going to reach. He definitely thinks they will bring in 2 more QBs, at least 1 FA.

I watched a little of his game last year when I believe he was more highly touted. Dd anyone watch Mannion very closely this year and what is the assessment? I know he's a pro-style guy with good size. Good arm, not huge arm. Does he have any mobility or is he a statue in the pocket?

He was coming of a serious injury and was on a pretty bad team. The kid can play and showed it early on. OSU benched a successful quarterback when Mannion enrolled. He's worth serious consideration.