(OT) American Dad

silvermike

i didn't like it that much either...had its moments, but overall, not that great

that said, it's still better than all that reality tv bullstevestojan that won't die...it may be a poor man's family guy, but I'd take this over 99.9% of current TV programming, so 'Godspeed, American Dad!'

however, either the family guy or american dad is going to tank since they are basically the same show. i sure hope it's american dad

I actually thought it was great. There were several times in the first 15 minutes that I had to pause it because my wife and I were laughing so hard. The second half wasn't quite as good, but I thought the first half was great.

I was also very disappointed with the Simpsons episode. Nowhere near as good as I thought it was going to be. :doh:

CW

I liked the alien character, but the rest of the show kinda felt flat to me. Maybe its because it was a pilot episode and McFarlane had to keep it somewhat tame so the network execs wouldnt pull his show again, so I'm willing to give it another chance. I cant wait until May 1st...New episodes of Family Guy baby, one of the funniest shows ever created gets another chance.

Also, for you lovers of the Family Guy/Simpsons/Aqua Teen Hunger Force style of comedy, check out "The Venture Brothers" on Adult Swim. That show is hilarious.

i am a huge family guy fan.

that said, american dad just wasnt funny. the fish looking down the dress was funny, but other than that i felt like i was watching rugrats. you could tell where the jokes were supposed to be, but they wernt that funny. the alien?? he wasnt funny.

the fish was funny, but hes just "stewie" as a fish insted of a baby.

it wont last long. :doh: i was looking forward to it...

also: the simpsons episode was NOT funny. they tried to force jokes. that show had definatly gone down hill the last few seasons.

also: the simpsons episode was NOT funny. they tried to force jokes. that show had definatly gone down hill the last few seasons.

230719[/snapback]

The Simpsons has been in a decline since season 10 (so basically the last 7 seasons have sucked). They really need to hang it up and stop clinging onto the show because its getting very crappy. All The Simpsons do is drag a celebrity out and organize a show around that celeb...they cant write their own original ideas anymore.

that said, american dad just wasnt funny. the fish looking down the dress was funny, but other than that i felt like i was watching rugrats. you could tell where the jokes were supposed to be, but they wernt that funny. the alien?? he wasnt funny.

The alien wasn't that funny. The fish was hilarious -- and the scene with the german skier (with the transplanted brain) was great. The dad stealing the purse was extremely funny as well (especially the shot of him in the car afterwards).

"Look, it's a pencil with the eraser shoved up Osama's pooper!!!"

And shooting up the toaster? Hilarious.

Overall, I still thought the show was very good.

CW

I like Family Guy, but American Dad sucked. Other than a couple of scenes, like the phone call where the Dad swallows all the pills and then yells for the antidote, it just wasn't funny.

The Simpsons, which I thought would be really good, was disappointing. At least LeBron got off a couple of good lines. Tom Brady playing against type was good ("Everyone sucks but me!"), but everything else was disjointed.

My grades:

The Simpsons -- C-

American Dad -- D+

Mike