House of Cards fans?

YoloinOhio

Watched the first two episodes. It's like eating M&Ms with almonds. Nom-nom-nom-nom.

Don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but here's a 30k ft level view of the first two S3 episodes:

Glad to see the early reveals - one in particular that gets developed at some length.

There's trouble in Foggy Bottom for sure. It's a bare-knuckled fist fight for power.

There are some ruthless people, people. Ruthless.

A few episodes into Season 3 and it's really good, but not as great as the first two. Maybe it's because I binged it, but a couple things that have stood out to me thus far

Not liking what they've done with Remy. Just seems like too quick a transformation from formidable adversary to loyal chief of staff

Episodes are shorter. ~55 minutes in Seasons 1 and to 2 to < 50 and even a few < 45.

Victor Petrov. Really? The writes couldn't be more creative with the leader of Russia than a guy with the initials VP who looks like Putin?

I'm through episode 2 season 3. Claire underwood, would ya? Kinda manly.

I feel bad for stamper but at least he's alive

Watched the first two episodes. It's like eating M&Ms with almonds. Nom-nom-nom-nom.

Don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but here's a 30k ft level view of the first two S3 episodes:

Glad to see the early reveals - one in particular that gets developed at some length.

There's trouble in Foggy Bottom for sure. It's a bare-knuckled fist fight for power.

There are some ruthless people, people. Ruthless.

lmao. Nom nom nom

A few episodes into Season 3 and it's really good, but not as great as the first two. Maybe it's because I binged it, but a couple things that have stood out to me thus far

Not liking what they've done with Remy. Just seems like too quick a transformation from formidable adversary to loyal chief of staff

Episodes are shorter. ~55 minutes in Seasons 1 and to 2 to < 50 and even a few < 45.

Victor Petrov. Really? The writes couldn't be more creative with the leader of Russia than a guy with the initials VP who looks like Putin?

remy was banging that one chick on frank's staff but looks like she's moved on... Edited by YoloinOhio

Finished watching the season this weekend.

This season seems to me to be the type that will eventually really stand out as important in the context of the full series when looking back, as opposed to it being remarkable as a solitary season. Frank still striding on through all the fires and walls crashing down and betrayals.

Don't really consider any of the following to be specific spoilers, but marking to be safe

I like there being a well defined domestic enemy for Frank towards the end - with world leaders he is hamstrung from doing anything too outrageous to exact revenge for fear of starting a world war, but on the home front he can do what he does best with less inhibition.

Not sure I really got the whole Yates character, seemed to be all over the place - maybe that's how they wanted him to come off.

It will be interesting to see how far they push the ending storyline next season - it could be something they play out for a while, or something that is just a cliffhanger that gets resolved in the first episode.