QB guru George Whitfield's take on EJ

YoloinOhio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I just listened to that interview earlier today...I am behind EJ and all, but that guy (Whitfield) said a whole lot of nothing, to my ears. I know he was trying to be complimentary toward EJ, but it came off as kind of hollow...like supporting a client.

Edited by Buftex

I though EJ was quite poor last year. But, I think he deserves one more chance and I actually think he will figure it out.

He was really poor, mostly, against the Texans. JJ Watt had him spooked...the only way he will learn to handle that, is by experience. I actually think a lot of his woes with inaccuracy are the product of not being sure of himself...throwing not to get intercepted, rather than to complete a pass. He needs to see more defenses.

Thurman Thomas said the offensive coaching was a mess last year and EJ was being told different things by Marrone, Hackett, and Downing. Hopefully the coaching staff will be on the same page this year and beyond.

I think Eric Woods kind of said the same thing about the O-line...I think he said on the offensive side of things, they had "too many voices in their heads". Hopefully, Rex can manage this kind of thing better, because he has a similar number of coaches...Lee, Palmer and Roman...sounds like Rex has the good sense to stay out of the offense.

I think, regardless of who is brought in to compete, EJ is going to win the job. It's just a hunch. I've got nothing factual to back it up; nor does anyone else with differing opinions. Mostly because it's in the future.

I see EJ as the starter and a high-quality backup. And I hope that comes true.

I think, regardless of who is brought in to compete, EJ is going to win the job. It's just a hunch. I've got nothing factual to back it up; nor does anyone else with differing opinions. Mostly because it's in the future.

I see EJ as the starter and a high-quality backup. And I hope that comes true.

Which ?

He was really poor, mostly, against the Texans. JJ Watt had him spooked...the only way he will learn to handle that, is by experience. I actually think a lot of his woes with inaccuracy are the product of not being sure of himself...throwing not to get intercepted, rather than to complete a pass. He needs to see more defenses.

I think Eric Woods kind of said the same thing about the O-line...I think he said on the offensive side of things, they had "too many voices in their heads". Hopefully, Rex can manage this kind of thing better, because he has a similar number of coaches...Lee, Palmer and Roman...sounds like Rex has the good sense to stay out of the offense.

The OL and WR's in the Texans game weren't doing EJ any favors. I think they add another OG to the roster and a TE, and then go BPA in the draft.

Thurman Thomas said the offensive coaching was a mess last year and EJ was being told different things by Marrone, Hackett, and Downing. Hopefully the coaching staff will be on the same page this year and beyond.

Did he really say that? I totally missed it. Was it off the record, or did the media report it?

I'm interested because I thought that might be the case, but you never really know unless you hear it from someone inside.

Did he really say that? I totally missed it. Was it off the record, or did the media report it?

I'm interested because I thought that might be the case, but you never really know unless you hear it from someone inside.

He said it on 97Rock Friday morning.

There's so many signs of dysfunction on offense. Case in point: they had nonissue getting to the redzone, then they would crumble. That's a sign of overcoaching and being too situational.

My guess is they were too system based and their packages reflected situations rather than their players' strength and it prevented the team from finding a rythem.

Not 100% sold on EJ but he's shown flashes of promise. After this past season with him sitting for most of it, I have hopes he has progressed and grown as a QB. The consensus of him coming out of college was that he was still pretty raw. Why people are ready to cast him to the side after being played way too early I will never know. I think the fact that he started his rookie season is testament to how badly our depth was behind Fitz. Either way, all the best to EJ and hopefully we have a QB for some years. If not? Back to the drawing board and connect the dots until we get there.

huge mistake not playing EJ against NEngland scrubs in 2nd half of our last game

he would have shown up and played well. confidence to build on in the offseason.

whaley should have insisted. we're trying to win a title by developing players, not win meaningless games to pad our stats.

huge mistake not playing EJ against NEngland scrubs in 2nd half of our last game

he would have shown up and played well. confidence to build on in the offseason.

whaley should have insisted. we're trying to win a title by developing players, not win meaningless games to pad our stats.

Captain Orton had to ride off into the sunset, come on now.