RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa

YoloinOhio

Small hands, fumble problems, not elusive, high pad level, not a power runner, bad change of direction, dances around and is indecisive at the line of scrimmage...

Those are just a few of the things I remember Mayock and others saying about him. They also said his body is maxed out physically and he won't bulk up, doesn't have the frame for it.

So, with that...at 5-11, 205 lbs...I rather keep CJ Spiller, who is the same size and a much better RB. (Frank Gore weighs 10-15 more pounds than Coleman.)

Hmm, that's disappointing, I thought he looks great, but a lot of times someone that big does look great with an NFL body running against kids 2 years out of high school. I am still interested in him, in the hopes that Mayock is wrong, as he sometimes is, but I'm wrong far more often than I am, so that's disappointing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a better video package for those who want to evaluate him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKTcIFToF4

He seems to be slow at finding a hole and going north-south. Doesn't appear to be a very strong route-runner, but offers the most there. Sounds like the opposite type of back that we need, as we will be running much, where a team like New Orleans, who throw the ball much more, would utilize his "hyper-3rd down back" skill set.