RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa

YoloinOhio

Had a great combine. Projected to go in the 3rd. He's the only RB the Bills interviewed at the combine. May not mean anything but he's a good prospect. Had an impressive Senior Bowl and can catch the ball out of the backfield and block.

6'1 224 41.5 vertical and 4.5 40 (1.57 10 yard split)

That's faster than Melvin Gordon and he's bigger.

In four seasons, Johnson carried the ball 866 times for 4,841 yards. Each year his workload increased to the point where he became their primary offensive weapon. He also had 38 receptions last year which was second on the team.

He and Ajayi were the only players so far in Indy to go top 10 in 40-yard dash, and top-five in four other events.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with him? :unsure:

Just the small school/level of competition thing

Didn't stop Freddy

Good looking RB. Is he a "ground and pound" back or a slasher?? Maybe they plan on him putting on 15 lbs.

hes already pretty big for a RB but the nfl training and conditioning would be great Edited by YoloinOhio

Johnson and Langford were my 2 favorites because I thought they had equal upside as the other backs that we're going in rd 2-3, but we might be able to get them in rd 4 or 5 (I understand we don't have a 4th, but can trade). Not the case anymore imo. Jaelen Strong, Clive walford and David Johnson would have amazing in the first 3 picks. Sign Iupati or Boling for the other guard spot. Bingo.

Thanks for posting this. He's a guy I never heard of. If a guy can play, he can play. Especially at rb, where the oline in front of them is the most important thing. I love his versatility. And based on his Twitter (great source I know!) seems like a humble kid.

The only knock would be his age. He's going to be 24 in December. Very interesting prospect though!

Had a great combine. Projected to go in the 3rd. He's the only RB the Bills interviewed at the combine. May not mean anything but he's a good prospect. Had an impressive Senior Bowl and can catch the ball out of the backfield and block.

6'1 224 41.5 vertical and 4.5 40 (1.57 10 yard split)

That's faster than Melvin Gordon and he's bigger.

In four seasons, Johnson carried the ball 866 times for 4,841 yards. Each year his workload increased to the point where he became their primary offensive weapon. He also had 38 receptions last year which was second on the team.

He and Ajayi were the only players so far in Indy to go top 10 in 40-yard dash, and top-five in four other events.

Field level camera angles should be outlawed for these highlight films. So annoying

I was pretty impressed to read Karlos Williams from Florida St ran a 4.48 at 6-1, 230

He runs a little upright but I liked what I saw of him before running a 4.48 which is pretty fast for a back that size

the word on him is he's kind of an underachiever. Tons of talent and measureables but not a great "football player."

the word on him is he's kind of an underachiever. Tons of talent and measureables but not a great "football player."

Buddy of mine is a big FSU fan and likes Williams who he said started out as a safety there before converting to RB and that he still plays like a guy looking to hit someone