The Case For Mark Sanchez

bisonbrigade

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Sanchez is one of the better options available in a very weak UFA QB class.

My personal preference, in order, would be:

Mallett

Locker

Sanchez

Hoyer

McCoy

McCown

Just like we made a mistake reaching by using a first for ej in a weak qb draft class, I don't want us to reach and pay up in bucks and/or draft picks in a weak fa class. Best to keep our powder dry for at least another year and get an affordable player like Sanchez Edited by JTSP

it's a symbol of the unceremonious fall of the Jets franchise from AFC contender to the laughing stock of the NFL. putting him back with Rex just brings up too many bad memories.

having said that, Sanchez is better than Hoyer, McCown, or any other of the free agent QB's imo. but I would much rather swing a trade for a Bradford or Foles. both look like they will be available (for the right price)

Agree that I'd rather have Foles but Sanchez > Bradford IMO.

Just like we made a mistake reaching by using a first for ej in a weak qb draft class, I don't want us to reach and pay up in bucks and/or draft picks in a weak fa class. Best to keep our powder dry for at least another year and get an affordable player like Sanchez

The 2014 class isn't good either. Who knows if this year's will be any better. It's hard to find good QBs. Crappy coaching doesn't help.

Just like we made a mistake reaching by using a first for ej in a weak qb draft class, I don't want us to reach and pay up in bucks and/or draft picks in a weak fa class. Best to keep our powder dry for at least another year and get an affordable player like Sanchez

There is a lot of wisdom to your suggestion. Sanchez has also shown that he responds well to competition. Who knows, maybe E.J. will step up this season...