Russell Wilson and the Seahawks negotiations (update:signed)

YoloinOhio

Your questions have nothing to with my point. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Cutler, Kaep, and Dalton all received deals which their respective teams are now regretting. I do not subscribe to the theory that just because Cutler got paid stupid money means every other QB on par or better deserves stupid money plus a premium.

There is room for a QB to be better than the three aforementioned yet not nearly as good as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Manning before his body fell apart. Its not an insult to suggest that Russel isn't Canton bound.

Wilson is not SOLELY the product of a great D and strong running game, but I do not think Seattle makes it to two consecutive Super Bowls with a middle of the pack D and average running game.

This isn't that hard to comprehend. You disagree, and that's fine since its just my opinion and prediction, but your arguments suck and have no bearing on what I've written.

I'm embarrassing myself? You've provided nothing concrete to back up your stance and answered nothing I've asked of you. I've cited advanced metrics in the running game (which ranks him as the best in the league) and on his deep ball (which puts him top 5). Of course the Seahawks don't make it to the Super Bowl without the D or the running game, but it's pretty hard to argue Russell on the zone read isn't a huge part of their success in the running game and Brady hadn't won the Super Bowl in a decade until Revis/Browner came to town, Brees hasn't even made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years with an awful defense.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell Wilson is a decent QB. He does not deserve the money of the top QB's though. He was #10 in the top 10 last year, and I would say Matt Ryan (#11), Philip Rivers (#12), and Eli Manning (#15) are better QB's.

Who was ahead of him?

#1 Tony Romo

#2 Aaron Rodgers

#3 Ben Roethlisberger

#4 Peyton Manning

#5 Tom Brady*

#6 Drew Brees

#7 Andrew Luck

#8 Carson Palmer

#9 Ryan Fitzpatrick....?!

#10 Russell Wilson

Yes those rankings don't factor in rushing yards, but I don't think that puts him above the top 7 QB's and not above Ryan, Rivers or E Manning.

Edit: As for the argument above lesser QB's getting paid a ton, I don't think anyone thought it was a good idea the Niners signed Kap to that deal either......

I guess we should get Fitz back

:o They aren't kidding when they say the economy is in turmoil. In five minutes Paul Allen went from 100x richer than Pegula to only 5x richer! BTW, what happened to the hawks offering Russell Wilson a fully guaranteed contract? Wasn't there a lot of chatter about that immediately following the Super Bowl?

IDK and can't find a link but not trying too hard.But I thought Wilson wanted the contract 100% guaranteed, not the sea chinkens offering him the guarantee?

I'm embarrassing myself? You've provided nothing concrete to back up your stance and answered nothing I've asked of you. I've cited advanced metrics in the running game (which ranks him as the best in the league) and on his deep ball (which puts him top 5). Of course the Seahawks don't make it to the Super Bowl without the D or the running game, but it's pretty hard to argue Russell on the zone read isn't a huge part of their success in the running game and Brady hadn't won the Super Bowl in a decade until Revis/Browner came to town, Brees hasn't even made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years with an awful defense.

Your questions are totally irrelevant to the discussion. Answering the questions you've posed would only serve to lead this discussion further down the rabbit hole and make myself look as silly as you. If you think a definitive response to whether Tyrod F@#$ing Taylor can bring the Bills to three consecutive AFC Championships and 2 Super Bowls is lending insight to this conversation then yes, you're embarrassing yourself. Badly.

I guess we should get Fitz back

:lol: Too bad the Jets got him! :cry:

IDK and can't find a link but not trying too hard.But I thought Wilson wanted the contract 100% guaranteed, not the sea chinkens offering him the guarantee?

I saw an article that speculated that the Seahawks might get creative in order to lower the cap hit by fully guaranteeing a lesser contract.

Edited by What a Tuel

Wilson played his worst game of his career the first 3 quarters of that game. He tore it up the 4th quarter.

It's pretty clear most people here don't watch many Seahawks games. Do you think their running game would be near as effective if they had Kyle Orton running the zone read with Marshawn? Or they would have been in the past two Super Bowls with Andy Dalton at QB?

People said Tom Brady was a product of his defense for years, until they realized how good he was, Wilson is the same thing. I can't believe anyone who actually watched the 2nd half of Peyton's season last year and the 2nd half of Wilson's would think they clearly aren't on the same level.

No he did not. Try Marshawn Lynch, Seattle's defense, Green Bay's conservative play, and two ridiculously bad plays on the part of the Packers and you get overtime. Wilson made two good throws in overtime; however, it should have never gotten to overtime and his play during regulation was abysmal.

Wilson has trailed in the fourth quarter in only four playoff games. He lost three of them and should have lost the fourth. Wilson is a good QB; however, he is nowhere near the level of Brady, Rogers, Manning, etc.

Edited by billsfan1959

:beer: Appreciate the effort all the same. I don't remember which side was calling for it, I only remember articles talking about that being a possibility. The idea being they'd get Russell for less cap dollars overall but with a fully guaranteed deal it would even out. But clearly that doesn't seem to be a talking point anymore from either camp. So who knows.

They'd be silly not to pay him what he's asking. He's a huge part of why that running game is so good. Their o line is below average and his receiving corps is easily the worst in the league. He makes up for the lack of skill at both.

2015 Wilson > 2015 Manning

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

it is interesting that they basically followed the same model we are trying to follow

- Cheap QB contract

- Money went into everything else AROUND the QB

Cheap QB contract? Not with 3 QBs one of being a first round pick.

The odds on the Bills getting RW is 0%, 0%. Please give me a break.

Arm or leg?