WR Dorial Green-Beckham

YoloinOhio

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'5", 237lbs. Moves great. Comp is Calvin Johnson. Immense talent. Character issues - could drop. Do we dare take a WR at 50 if he's there or am I nuts.

Not nuts at all. We are in dire need of a big athletic target... whether it be WR or TE. Someone of that physical nature would help EJ out tremendously (or whomever our QB is). The only question is... will his talents translate to the NFL, but that's how it is for just about any draft pick.

Not nuts at all. We are in dire need of a big athletic target... whether it be WR or TE. Someone of that physical nature would help EJ out tremendously (or whomever our QB is). The only question is... will his talents translate to the NFL, but that's how it is for just about any draft pick.

Agreed, but he is a risk. You would be LOADED at WR with DGB (best in the league) or he could be out of the league in 2 years because he did something stupid. It is a swing for the fences type of move. He certainly fills a spot that we do not presently have on the roster.

Sign me up. I'll take a playmaker at WR any day.

50 would seem high to me for a guy that hasn't really played in 18 months, but I've heard crazier ideas.

Now, if you told me we could get him in the 3rd, I'd be thrilled...reality says that if he looks good this week, says the right things, and gets the right character endorsements from his coach(es), he'll probably be long gone by then.

Agreed, but he is a risk. You would be LOADED at WR with DGB (best in the league) or he could be out of the league in 2 years because he did something stupid. It is a swing for the fences type of move. He certainly fills a spot that we do not presently have on the roster.

He's Da'Rick 2.0, hopefully he doesn't screw up his chances.

Without a #1 pick this year, I think it is important for the Bills to get a player with that 2nd rd pick that they can count on to come in and contribute. I think DGB is too much of a risk. I would rather take a TE, RB or OG to help address a glaring need. I could see taking a shot on DGB in Rd3 though. I just think he's to boom or bust to risk a #2 pick given that we don't have a 1. On the other hand, Pegula seems to be a bit of a risk taker, so I guess it wouldn't shock me.

He's Da'Rick 2.0, hopefully he doesn't screw up his chances.

He's much worse. He was the #1 recruit in the country as well. He is Josh Gordon with a domestic charge. He is either going to be a star (Calvin), a tortured star (Gordon) or Todd Marinovich. DGB is and was an absolute monster but he is a terrible, person. He was called the best WR prospect since Randy Moss by the recruiting gurus.

With that being said, I love a talented player with question marks. This roster is not far away and if FA goes well he should ABSOLUTELY be considered.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He is the most talented WR in the draft IMO. Better than Cooper, White, and Parker. But, his issues are troubling. His first "run in" was marijuana possession of less than 1.2 ounces. For those in the know, this really isn't that big of a deal. His second "run in" was for being in a car with about a pound of marijuana in it. Now this is substantial. No one could possibly argue that this was for personal consumption. It is unclear to me from what I've seen if that was his or someone else's who was in the car...either way a poor choice on his part to be put in that situation. His final "run in" and the one that broke the camel's back with Mizzou was a violent altercation with a female. He was not charged due to the victim not cooperating with authorities.

I can see giving a guy a pass on one incident or maybe even two incidents involving the weed, but when he crosses over to abusing women as well, I'm sorry, but no thanks. I want my team to have some standards.

This is furthered by the fact that we would be utilizing our only pick in the first two rounds on a very risky player indeed.

Without a #1 pick this year, I think it is important for the Bills to get a player with that 2nd rd pick that they can count on to come in and contribute. I think DGB is too much of a risk. I would rather take a TE, RB or OG to help address a glaring need. I could see taking a shot on DGB in Rd3 though. I just think he's to boom or bust to risk a #2 pick given that we don't have a 1. On the other hand, Pegula seems to be a bit of a risk taker, so I guess it wouldn't shock me.

Yes.

Edited by Mark80

I can't decide either. I think I would go with the clean background talent at 50 if it's someone like maxx w., gurley, Gordon... If he's clearly the best talent on the board at that point though it would be tough to pass up IF his background was vetted and they feel comfortable with him at this point. He certainly would go higher than 50 though if he had indeed "changed"

Suprised by the love this guy is getting. Had one good season where he was able to get some tds. Also had a lot of games where he did next to nothing. I can see the potential but to say he's better than the top 3 wrs seems crazy. Especially when you mention his issues outside of football.

Suprised by the love this guy is getting. Had one good season where he was able to get some tds. Also had a lot of games where he did next to nothing. I can see the potential but to say he's better than the top 3 wrs seems crazy. Especially when you mention his issues outside of football.

i think that you are mixing discussion of high end potential and more reliable production. the guy is a freak of nature, but hasnt been someone you can count on to do the things he needs to do on and off the field to capitalize on those gifts that not even the top 3 have. thats all. when hes all in, he can be better than anyone else.... but will you ever see him all in for more than flashes? Edited by NoSaint