Trent Richardson story getting messy in Indy

YoloinOhio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he could have informed them. But, not knowing the whole story, it seems like the punishment doesn't fit the crime considering his circumstances.

The guy has no motivation to succeed nor does he take his job very seriously. Indy's grown tired of it.

Richardson. I would say 15lbs overweight. Ingram a perfect example of what losing weight for a RB can do. Lost weight this year.

I agree Richardson is overweight...even with the weight loss the lack of instinct and cut back still bothers me. He would be a good situational short yardage back -- better than what the Bills have...but Boobie does a hell of a job on special teams so I wouldn't want to sacrifice that roster spot. If I had the choice between Richardson and Ingram for CJ's roster spot -- I go Ingram. If its for Brown's roster spot -- I would go Brown -- because he has instinct and cut back -- along with fumbles (dang). I can see your point though..immense potential -- worth the risk with Richardson.

I agree Richardson is overweight...even with the weight loss the lack of instinct and cut back still bothers me. He would be a good situational short yardage back -- better than what the Bills have...but Boobie does a hell of a job on special teams so I wouldn't want to sacrifice that roster spot. If I had the choice between Richardson and Ingram for CJ's roster spot -- I go Ingram. If its for Brown's roster spot -- I would go Brown -- because he has instinct and cut back -- along with fumbles (dang). I can see your point though..immense potential -- worth the risk with Richardson.

I think the weight has hurt his ability to stop and go, play with instintcs. Im not arguing for Richardson, I just think he has a lot more inside him if he focuses on being a pro.

Call me crazy (espexially since I thought the trade was a joke from the start), but bills should take a look at this guy. Blount had something interesting positive comments about him, basically that he has all the physical tools to be a success just needs to hit the small holes that open more decisvely and stop waiting for the large ones the bama line opened for him in college. With his history gotta believe league minimum with no guarantee gets him here

Sounds like CJ.

Call me crazy (espexially since I thought the trade was a joke from the start), but bills should take a look at this guy. Blount had something interesting positive comments about him, basically that he has all the physical tools to be a success just needs to hit the small holes that open more decisvely and stop waiting for the large ones the bama line opened for him in college. With his history gotta believe league minimum with no guarantee gets him here

So besides for not seeing and hitting the holes, he is a good running back? Isn't that 95% of what being a good RB is?

Sounds like CJ.

CJ is a lot older and had more serious injuries. will likely cost a lot more too. there's no denying TR's college highlights were sensational ... reminds me of emmitt smith

Seems like it would be more instinctive

i think transitioning from college to pros requires a lot of learning at most positions. here's what another NFL back had to say

"I mean, he's still a young buck, man. He's still young," Blount said. "I feel like he's a real good running back ... but I feel like when I watch him play, I just think he has to be a little bit more decisive. He's a bigger kid than what most people think, and he's strong: look at his legs, you know what I'm saying? Just look at how he's built. As long as he just find that little crease and know that this is not Alabama, and you don't have the big, open holes like you had at Alabama, and you find those little creases, and you get downhill, and get into 'em, he'll be a problem on the second and third level for a lot of teams."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469700/article/legarrette-blount-trent-richardson-can-succeed-in-nfl