Do you believe in miracles?

Just Jack

Yes!!!

'Miracle on Ice' USA hockey team to reunite in Lake Placid for 35th anniversary of win over Soviet Union

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/522907/Public-invited-to-Miracle-on-Ice-reunion.html

To mark the 35th anniversary of Team USA's epic upset of the USSR in the 1980 Winter Olympics, every surviving member of the 1980 USA hockey team is coming back to Lake Placid for a "Relive the Miracle" reunion on Saturday night at Herb Brooks Arena. It will mark the first time all surviving members of the team (defenseman Bob Suter died at the age of 57 last year while head coach Herb Brooks passed at age 66 in 2003) will be back together in the tiny Adirondack village that was the center of the sports universe in 1932 and 1980.

There's a very good 30 for 30 installment out now about this game from the Soviet POV. Also gives an interesting account of the brief history and rapid ascent of Soviet hockey, other battles with western hockey (Canada Cup series) and the struggles of their players to gain the right to leave to play in the NHL -- especially Fetisov.

There's a very good 30 for 30 installment out now about this game from the Soviet POV. Also gives an interesting account of the brief history and rapid ascent of Soviet hockey, other battles with western hockey (Canada Cup series) and the struggles of their players to gain the right to leave to play in the NHL -- especially Fetisov.

This "30 for 30" was very, very good. I'll still never understand how Tretiak was pulled after the first period.

Few remember because it was so epic, that it was just the semi-final game. They won the Gold Medal later.

And even fewer remember the format of the tournament. The USSR game was not a 'semi-final' and had the US lost to Finland, the USSR would have won the gold.

And even fewer remember the format of the tournament. The USSR game was not a 'semi-final' and had the US lost to Finland, the USSR would have won the gold.

Correct. Round Robin style with no elimination games or medal rounds like today. Pretty asinine format in my opinion but it certainly doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

I saw this. It was fascinating. Those 30 for 30s are so well done

My all time favorite sports moment. It essentially gave birth to the American hockey movement that we enjoy the fruits of today.

I still get chills seeing the U.S. goals, Craig flopping around, and that torturous final minute ticking down for what at the time seemed like an hour. Riveting stuff.

HBO did a terrific documentary on the team's journey.

My all time favorite sports moment. It essentially gave birth to the American hockey movement that we enjoy the fruits of today.

I still get chills seeing the U.S. goals, Craig flopping around, and that torturous final minute ticking down for what at the time seemed like an hour. Riveting stuff.

HBO did a terrific documentary on the team's journey.

I was in DC for the Frozen Four in 2009. I went to my hotel's bar one night to grab some drinks. Rizzo, Craig, O'Callahan, and Dave Silk were all sitting together at the end of the bar. That was a cool moment. It didn't last too long though because as more people showed up, they started to get recognized.