Disappointment in Iggleland...

WHERE WAS THE URGENCY?

Holy Hanna, McNabb, you're sauntering to the LOL down 10 in the 4th and under 5 minutes to play? I've seen the Bills have issues with shoddy clock management through the years but what the Iggles did tonight was an all-timer. They let at least 90 seconds to 2 minutes go down the tubes by not going to a hurry-up/no-huddle--time they most certainly could have used to mount a final FG-tying drive and simply did not have from deep in their territory.

They simply let too much time disappear on the Lewis TD drive that got them within three. Akers picked a bad time to pull a Lindell on that onside kick--Patsies had that recovery well in hand.

I thought a key to NE's victory tonight was the running of Dillon and Faulk behind that OL. They pounded it for good chunks and that opened things up for Brady and Branch. The Patsie D posted 4 sacks and created 4 Iggle turnovers in a workmanlike performance.

In a losing cause, however, T.O. showed what a warrior he is. Playing less than 100 percent on that ankle and he still made plays. That was impressive.

SB opportunities aren't open forever as us Bills fans know. The window can close for a long period of time. Iggles had their chances tonight but didn't get it done. Their fans in the postgame are making brash predicts about going to Daytwah for next year's SB...but there are no guarantees in this game.

Belichick can punch his ticket for Canton. Weis and Crennel can punch tickets for their respective destinations (ND & Cleveland). 3 SB wins in 4 seasons in this day and age is quite a feat. Imagine, 3 SB triumphs all by 3-pt. margins.

The Bills have a ways to go to catch this club...then again so do a lot of other clubs in the AFC.

Lets hope that tonight was the beginning of the end for the Patriots.

3 in 4 is quite an accomplishment...time for this "dynasty" to end.

230376[/snapback]

Last night, I saw signs of weakness on the Patriots' part. I saw a lot of missed tackles, penalties, and drives that went three and out. Had they played like that against Pittsburgh, they probably would have lost.

Let's hope that next year, they finally start buying into all the people around them telling them how great they are. Let's hope that they lose their sense of hunger and urgency, and that the loss of Crennel and Weis proves difficult to adjust to. All they need is one bad year--at least by their standards--and the Bills' position as the only team ever to play in more than two Super Bowls in a row will be safe.

teams that good often decline because all the major players want huge pay raises when their contracts are up.

if bruschi and brady take pennies compaired to what they should be making...... they will be around for a while. and if 2 rookie DBs can cover owens and pinkston.... the whole world is crazy.

just someone beat the pats... PLEASE.

The funniest thing to me is that there are loads of Eagles fans with thier panties in a wad because the Pats dared mock the TO Flap move. Calling it "classless". These are the same people who thought it was funny when TO mocked Ray Lewis...

I thought a key to NE's victory tonight was the running of Dillon and Faulk behind that OL.

230372[/snapback]

The key to NE's victory? Let me point it out to you using your own words:

WHERE WAS THE URGENCY?

They let at least 90 seconds to 2 minutes go down the tubes by not going to a hurry-up/no-huddle--time they most certainly could have used to mount a final FG-tying drive and simply did not have from deep in their territory.

230372[/snapback]

If the Eagles score that touchdown, but use timeouts, make NE go three and out, they have two minutes on the clock to drive down the field and would not have to had resorted to ridiculous last-second ballplaying.

The Pats didn't win so much as the Eagles lost.

WHERE WAS THE URGENCY?

230372[/snapback]

I agree. I swear, late in the 4th it looked like McNabb was engineering a drive in a meaningless preseason game instead of the SB. He was not being authoritative...not looking like a leader....not hurrying everyone up. They gave NE all kinds of time to catch their breath and make defensive calls. Just shoddy all the way around. If I was the Eagles owner today, I'd be livid.

and the Bills' position as the only team ever to play in more than two Super Bowls in a row will be safe.

231269[/snapback]

you forgot that miami went to 3 straight SB's in the 70's...72-73-74...they won 2 of them as well...

Definately, bad time management. I mentioned a few times at my house they should have spiked the ball to stop the clock or do sideline routes to go out of bounds. They could have had two or three minutes for their final drive instead of 50 seconds.

231414[/snapback]

I was losing my mind with their nonchalant attitude. Five minutes to go with 2 TOs and down 2 scores and you're huddling? Uh, this ain't a meaningless game coach.

Alaska Darin Posted Today, 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Fan in San Diego @ Feb 7 2005, 11:21 AM)

Definately, bad time management. I mentioned a few times at my house they should have spiked the ball to stop the clock or do sideline routes to go out of bounds. They could have had two or three minutes for their final drive instead of 50 seconds.

I was losing my mind with their nonchalant attitude. Five minutes to go with 2 TOs and down 2 scores and you're huddling? Uh, this ain't a meaningless game coach.

That was driving me crazy too. What was going through Andy Reid's mind? Why were they huddling while the clock was running? Why were they passing down the middle instead of towards the sideline? I saw no sense of urgency at all. As tough as they played, they deserved to lose for that inexcusable playcalling.

That was driving me crazy too. What was going through Andy Reid's mind? Why were they huddling while the clock was running? Why were they passing down the middle instead of towards the sideline? I saw no sense of urgency at all. As tough as they played, they deserved to lose for that inexcusable playcalling.

231435[/snapback]

The use of the middle didn't bother me, it was the 15-20 seconds per play they wasted in the huddle.

The key to NE's victory? Let me point it out to you using your own words:

If the Eagles score that touchdown, but use timeouts, make NE go three and out, they have two minutes on the clock to drive down the field and would not have to had resorted to ridiculous last-second ballplaying.

The Pats didn't win so much as the Eagles lost.

231309[/snapback]

Using that logic, you could also say that the Giants didnt win so much as the Bills lost.

Doesnt change a thing though and the Lombardi STILL goes their way.

By hook or by crook, we'd take the Lombardi any way we can get it wouldnt we?

Using that logic, you could also say that the Giants didnt win so much as the Bills lost.

Doesnt change a thing though and the Lombardi STILL goes their way.     

By hook or by crook, we'd take the Lombardi any way we can get it wouldnt we?

231515[/snapback]

I don't argue one word of your post, as our playcalling was suspect in that game, although one could argue that allowing the Giants to eat nine minutes in one drive was more on the Giants than on us.

Urgency Schmergency! Is that when the clock is running out and you mount a drive late in the game to secure the go-ahead TD even if you have no time-outs remaining and you've lost one shoe? Oh no, it's not worth doing that. You'll turn into the laughing stock of the team even if your replacements get sacked as much as you do. As for McNabb, Rush Limbaugh wants his ESPN job back!