Chris Johnson: many '14 Jets decisions out of Rex's hands

YoloinOhio

thats an interesting way of looking at it. Like idzik wanted to tank but Rex wasn't in on it. The crazy part for me was when they traded for Percy Harvin when they were like 1-6. Harvin's contact was going to balloon to 10 mill if they kept him and if they didn't they traded a 6th rd pick for 1/2 season. It was like idzik saying to Rex "here you go! Now you can't say you didn't have playmakers!" Instead of just giving him a decent CB.

So true. Same situation (minus the tanking part) with the Marrone-Whaley situation? I this case, Marrone plays the part of Izdik, allowing whaley to use picks, but not allowing his game plan to use them

Anyone but a converted Safety who had previously converted from LB

Does that mean Kiko cant convert from ILB to OLB to QB for us?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really amazing how many people rush to belittle new threads that get started here.

If your talking about me, I usually rush to the defense of "belittled" threads, and I was hardly trying to belittle this one.

forget what I said earlier. Yoloin explained it to me perfectly. I was just asking for analysis that was deeper than "It's not Rex's fault because some washed up running back said so"

Then why are you still in this thread?

Always looking for that deeper meaning, man. Luckily for me, the OP provided it.

Edited by Uffalo Ills

If your talking about me, I usually rush to the defense of "belittled" threads, and I was hardly trying to belittle this one.

forget what I said earlier. Yoloin explained it to me perfectly. I was just asking for analysis that was deeper than "It's not Rex's fault because some washed up running back said so"

Always looking for that deeper meaning, man. Luckily for me, the OP provided it.

You've successfully and unnecessarily hijacked a decent thread originated by a decent poster. Nice work.

To get said thread back on track, these are the CBs Rex had to work with in 2014:

Antonio Allen (a safety)

Darrin Walls

Kyle Wilson

Phillip Adams

Marcus Williams

Granted Dee Milliner and their 3rd rd pick McDougle got hurt early on, but he couldn't sign a decent replacement? They only had to play Brady 2x, manning, rivers, cutler, stafford, Rodgers, Big Ben. No need for corners!

Meanwhile both Revis and Cromartie were interested in going back to the Jets last season and the FO said "nah" and proceeded to woo Eric Decker instead while sitting on a mountain of cap space.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So sorry we've coerced you into slumming it on this topic.

Fine, I give up. Celebrate your victory. Youve managed to destroy a thread by arguing with me over a one line comment where I was asking for deeper meaning in the op's first post. He was the only one kind enough to provide it. So long, thanks for all the fish

To get said thread back on track, these are the CBs Rex had to work with in 2014:

Antonio Allen (a safety)

Darrin Walls

Kyle Wilson

Phillip Adams

Marcus Williams

Granted Dee Milliner and their 3rd rd pick McDougle got hurt early on, but he couldn't sign a decent replacement? They only had to play Brady 2x, manning, rivers, cutler, stafford, Rodgers, Big Ben. No need for corners.

Thanks for getting the thread back on track for us.

Sorry for screwing it up. I didnt mean to

It's clear that Rex will do much better with our defense. But is EJ such a significant improvement over Geno? (Probably). Our O-line certainly isnt an improvement over the Jets's, though

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Bringing in CJ2k, Mike Vick and Percy Harvin feels more of an Idzik idea of 'win now'.

Rex's 2014 was summed up in-- here is a washed up 2k runner, former first round QB and a basket case WR. Now Go win the division with Geno Smith. Yuck!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Bringing in CJ2k, Mike Vick and Percy Harvin feels more of an Idzik idea of 'win now'.

Rex's 2014 was summed up in-- here is a washed up 2k runner, former first round QB and a basket case WR. Now Go win the division with Geno Smith. Yuck!

Its a little off topic....but would just like to point out that if none of this happens....Rex Ryan isnt available to us and we dont have him

I am glad we do.....so to me it was fate.

Pretty much

Getting that 2013 team to 8-8 showed me he was a very good coach. Then idzik cut the wheels out from under him

Its a little off topic....but would just like to point out that if none of this happens....Rex Ryan isnt available to us and we dont have him

I am glad we do.....so to me it was fate.

Very true. Just like Thurman being injured and falling to the second round was fate, I believe the Jets will regret their loss

It's great to see that the Jets players are behind Rex. When Rex runs his system, good results happen. So glad we got him. He seems like a guy who you give good players to (Whaley can do this), and then let him run the system and use the players as he sees fit.

i thought it was interesting. Though many have speculated that the GM and Woody were making all the calls, this is the first time we've heard it directly from a player. It's not something a player still with the Jets could say, but now that Johnson is a FA he said it pretty clearly and publically.

Rex took the Jets to 8-8 with a (bad) rookie QB the year before including a win over NE. there were glaringly poor personnel decisions made by the FO wrt the secondary in particular, with knowledge Rex's D works best with a strong CB.

But which calls? On Sundays? CJ doesn't back that up.

I think a lot is being inferred compared to what was actuall said by Chris Johnson, and now Kellen Winslow Jr. Both are commenting/complaining that he Jets didn't use THEIR specific talents appropriately. Both claimed that they weren't used "the way they were supposed to be used". Really fellas? "CJ<1K" is headed to his 3rd team in 3 years (if he's lucky). No one is going to give this guy 250 carries ever again, why would the Jets? Winslow has no obvious skills and is out of the league. He was dumped by 5 different teams.

No doubt there was dysfunction and incompetence in the Jets front office the past 2 years. But they won only 2 games through the first 13 and Rex was HC. I don't think they had the 4th worst roster in the NFL.

It's hard for me to believe big, brash, ballsy Rex was actually a guy who, for at least 2 seasons, caved to every whim of his GM and goofy owner and played the good soldier just so as not to get fired.

At least Marrone got into it with Whaley.....

But which calls? On Sundays? CJ doesn't back that up.

I think a lot is being inferred compared to what was actuall said by Chris Johnson, and now Kellen Winslow Jr. Both are commenting/complaining that he Jets didn't use THEIR specific talents appropriately. Both claimed that they weren't used "the way they were supposed to be used". Really fellas? "CJ<1K" is headed to his 3rd team in 3 years (if he's lucky). No one is going to give this guy 250 carries ever again, why would the Jets? Winslow has no obvious skills and is out of the league. He was dumped by 5 different teams.

No doubt there was dysfunction and incompetence in the Jets front office the past 2 years. But they won only 2 games through the first 13 and Rex was HC. I don't think they had the 4th worst roster in the NFL.

It's hard for me to believe big, brash, ballsy Rex was actually a guy who, for at least 2 seasons, caved to every whim of his GM and goofy owner and played the good soldier just so as not to get fired.

At least Marrone got into it with Whaley.....

If you read the transcript from Johnson, it does refer to more than just how he was used specifically as opposed to what he was told prior to signing.

", I THINK A LOT

OF THE STUFF WAS OUT OF --

A LOT OF THE THINGS THAT WE'RE

DOING WAS OUT OF REX'S HANDS --

>> TALKING ABOUT THE GENERAL

MANAGER?

YOU'RE TALK ACT THE GENERAL

MANAGER TAKING IT OUT OF HIS

HANDS?

>> YEAH.

I GUESS CALLING THE SHOTS AND

THE THINGS THAT GO ON ON SUNDAY"

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you read the transcript from Johnson, it does refer to more than just how he was used specifically as opposed to what he was told prior to signing.

I did read it. That's what I was referring to. Winslow said basiclly the saem thing. The Jets were never going to get 250 carries out of that guy, no matter what Rex promised him to get him to come.

As for the "on Sunday", CJ gives no details, just goes on about his own situation.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Well duh. Anyone that saw that night game against Miami when Geno attempted 3 passes before the final drive could tell Rex was done with Geno and the higher ups told him to play Geno

lol and the jets almost won too

That game was incredible. Lost by 3 points, Folk biffed a 45 and a 48 yarder, Sturgis biffed a 43 yarder.

I've never seen a team manufacture a win like the Jets did...only to lose. It was breathtaking.

They ran the ball...49 &#33;@#&#036;ing times...for 277 yards. Prior to the final drive (that ended with a Geno pick), the Jets had...wait for it...FOUR completions.

I did read it. That's what I was referring to. Winslow said basiclly the saem thing. The Jets were never going to get 250 carries out of that guy, no matter what Rex promised him to get him to come.

As for the "on Sunday", CJ gives no details, just goes on about his own situation.

When I think of something being taken out of a coaches hands i think

- Who plays QB

- The coach asking for help in specific areas and asking for ribeye and getting hamburger patties

Things like that