Chris Johnson: many '14 Jets decisions out of Rex's hands

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... not sure what he means there, or why it's really relevant considering neither of the 2 are under contract with the Jets any longer.

More or less saying the dumpster fire that was the Jets' 2014 season wasn't Rex's fault.

Really can't piece it together?

No i get that it means the fact the Jets sucked last year wasnt on Rex. But given the fact that Rex is our coach now, whether we like it or not, this isnt valuable info. I dont really care about the 2014 Jets. In hiring him, Pegula must have sensed the 4-12 record didnt reflect his talents.

So the true question is: "What does this mean for the 2015 Bills?"

Absolutely nothing...

Edited by Uffalo Ills

No i get that it means the fact the Jets sucked last year wasnt on Rex. But given the fact that Rex is our coach now, whether we like it or not, this isnt valuable info. I dont really care about the 2014 Jets. In hiring him, Pegula must have sensed the 4-12 record didnt reflect his talents.

Absolutely nothing...

Then why are you still in this thread?

Absolutely nothing...

It means that anyone thinking that the Bills signed a bad coach based on the Jets' record last season is likely wrong.

If your only input is going to be posts that offer absolutely nothing to any thread or conversation, perhaps you should consider another site.

Absolutely nothing...

Your first two sentences are the relevant pieces to understanding the point of this thread. If the Jets' disaster of a 2014 season were identifiably (or even implicitly) Rex's fault, it would be bad news for his next team. Right? I mean... obviously?

Absolutely nothing...

i thought it was interesting. Though many have speculated that the GM and Woody were making all the calls, this is the first time we've heard it directly from a player. It's not something a player still with the Jets could say, but now that Johnson is a FA he said it pretty clearly and publically.

Rex took the Jets to 8-8 with a (bad) rookie QB the year before including a win over NE. there were glaringly poor personnel decisions made by the FO wrt the secondary in particular, with knowledge Rex's D works best with a strong CB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It means that anyone thinking that the Bills signed a bad coach based on the Jets' record last season is likely wrong.

If your only input is going to be posts that offer absolutely nothing to any thread or conversation, perhaps you should consider another site.

:lol: relax a bit, ok...

I think Rex was a great hire. This just adds to it, but kinda useless info because it was so obvious.

Your first two sentences are the relevant pieces to understanding the point of this thread. If the Jets' disaster of a 2014 season were identifiably (or even implicitly) Rex's fault, it would be bad news for his next team. Right? I mean... obviously?

yeah, if CJ 2k had said, "Rex sucks as a coach, have fun, suckers" then this would be more relevant. But since he only confirmed what our front office already claimed, and was obvious, I was trying to figure out if there was even deeper meaning to this. Like Johnson wanting to suck up to Rex, or it would be a useless statement from the Bill's perspective.

i thought it was interesting. Though many have speculated that the GM and Woody were making all the calls, this is the first time we've heard it directly from a player. It's not something a player still with the Jets could say, but now that Johnson is a FA he said it pretty clearly and publically.

Rex took the Jets to 8-8 with a (bad) rookie QB the year before including a win over NE. there were glaringly poor personnel decisions made by the FO wrt the secondary in particular, with knowledge Rex's D works best with a strong CB.

This makes more sense than what the others ^^^ were saying. Thanks for the analysis.

:lol: relax a bit, ok...

I think Rex was a great hire. This just adds to it, but kinda useless info because it was so obvious.

yeah, if CJ 2k had said, "Rex sucks as a coach, have fun, suckers" then this would be more relevant. But since he only confirmed what our front office already claimed, and was obvious, I was trying to figure out if there was even deeper meaning to this. Like Johnson wanting to suck up to Rex, or it would be a useless statement from the Bill's perspective.

This makes more sense than what the others ^^^ were saying. Thanks for the analysis.

I honestly dont understand the meaning of your input to this thread.....

Its like your agreeing with it......but its not worth talking about.

I honestly dont understand the meaning of your input to this thread.....

Its like your agreeing with it......but its not worth talking about.

You don't see it's just so obviously true based in his hiring that no one should bat an eye about a player backing the theory

Idzik used Rex in '14 the way Tim Murray is using Ted Nolan. The key difference is that Murray is putting his plan in place around Nolan -- the prospects, the draft choices -- while he bottoms the team out. Idzik had the bottoming out in place but planned on FA's and draft choices to build around Geno in the future.

Idzik used Rex in '14 the way Tim Murray is using Ted Nolan. The key difference is that Murray is putting his plan in place around Nolan -- the prospects, the draft choices -- while he bottoms the team out. Idzik had the bottoming out in place but planned on FA's and draft choices to build around Geno in the future.

thats an interesting way of looking at it. Like idzik wanted to tank but Rex wasn't in on it. The crazy part for me was when they traded for Percy Harvin when they were like 1-6. Harvin's contact was going to balloon to 10 mill if they kept him and if they didn't they traded a 6th rd pick for 1/2 season. It was like idzik saying to Rex "here you go! Now you can't say you didn't have playmakers!" Instead of just giving him a decent CB.

thats an interesting way of looking at it. Like idzik wanted to tank but Rex wasn't in on it. The crazy part for me was when they traded for Percy Harvin when they were like 1-6. Harvin's contact was going to balloon to 10 mill if they kept him and if they didn't they traded a 6th rd pick for 1/2 season. It was like idzik saying to Rex "here you go! Now you can't say you didn't have playmakers!" Instead of just giving him a decent CB.

Playing devils advocate, what non-Revis CB was good enough?