NFL Combine 2015

YoloinOhio

David Johnson

Northern Iowa

6-3 230 lbs and ran a 4.5

1000 rushing and 1500 receiving yards in '14

3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.

I have a feeling he'll be flying up boards. Only knock is he played in the MAC. Well so did Khalil Mack...

i don't think it's a knock.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Johnson

Northern Iowa

I have a feeling he'll be flying up boards. Only knock is he played in the MAC. Well so did Khalil Mack...

that's our guy, if you ask me

Then isn't it curious as to why his stock isn't higher?

i was just saying that from my own perspective it's not a negative. If a guy displays certain traits transferable to what an nfl RB needs to do I don't care where he played. Half the schools in the big 10 should be in the MAC anyway lol. Plus they play schools outside the MAC so would be interested to see what his stars were against power 5 competition just for comparison.

Just saw the Bills interviewed him at the combine. In fact, he's the only RB they interviewed.

Just saw he's projected to go in the 3rd which isn't bad for a RB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109078&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

They should have the players suit up in full gear when doing the combine activities. Otherwise, what's the point?

if they have been scouting they have that from practices and game film. This just puts them all on a level playing field for pure skills comp. I don't know why some guys choose to wear gold chains and earrings though for the workouts. Edited by YoloinOhio

David Johnson

Northern Iowa

Northern Iowa isn't in the MAC. They are in the MVC (FCS school). That's much lower than the MAC. With that being said if a guy can play football he can play football. There are a bunch of good backs in this draft including Johnson.

David Johnson

Northern Iowa

More like 1553 rushing and 536 receiving in 2014. That 1000/1500 combo had me in shock.

Edited by WotAGuy

Even sans football IQ, I bet he can rush the passer from day 1

I must insist on at least a modicum of football IQ. The road is littered with countless superior athletes whose physical advantages were too easily neutralized by smarter opponents and all that entails.

GO BILLS!!!

I must insist on at least a modicum of football IQ. The road is littered with countless superior athletes whose physical advantages were too easily neutralized by smarter opponents and all that entails.

GO BILLS!!!

just heard a draft guy say his comp is Jerry Hughes, so people can stop saying he needs to be a 3-4 OLB only