Looking ahead 2016 FA QBs

10013352_10203806383022240_2774893771092

get er done

I think the question is do they the players want to sign back with there teams. Like I said once Luck & Wilson resign will the franchise tag be to much for these teams to use. It's kind of like the Hughes situation for us. Hughes is a very good player but we have to let him go test free agency because the tag price is to high. I can see some of these QBs and there agents seeing the same thing and working the system to there advantage.

I think the question is do they the players want to sign back with there teams. Like I said once Luck & Wilson resign will the franchise tag be to much for these teams to use. It's kind of like the Hughes situation for us. Hughes is a very good player but we have to let him go test free agency because the tag price is to high. I can see some of these QBs and there agents seeing the same thing and working the system to there advantage.

True, but Foles is the guy i want. He might even be available for cheap this year if Chip manages to get Mariota in the draft.

True, but Foles is the guy i want. He might even be available for cheap this year if Chip manages to get Mariota in the draft.

I'm on Foles train myself, I think he'd be perfect for us. Look at his average per att 7.57 that's fit right into the vertical part of our new offense. Plus he's great at play action Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I do think Foles is a better fit for us now than I thought he was for the old coaching staff..... not sure how realistic the Bills getting him is but it does seem true that Chip is not convinced that he is the Eagles guy long term.

As for guys who make FA in 2016.... of the 2005 Draft Class there is no way Big Ben does.... but Eli and Rivers could. If the Giants don't win next year they will tear the whole thing up. Rivers is maybe a longer shot but it is not impossible. If the best we can end up with this year is a 1 year guy then in 2016 I would like us to sign Eli or Rivers to a 2 year $18million guaranteed deal (guarantee them all the money if that is what it takes) and draft Connor Cook with our first pick. Let him sit and get a proper education in playing NFL Quarterback. If your 36 year old vet plays well then Cook sits for 2 years.... but you move on in year 3 and give him his head. Hopefully he is walking in to Quarterback a team that has been to the play-offs at least 2 from the previous 3 years by that point.