Too many crab legs for Winston?(update: pro day info)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today definitely solidified Winston as the #1 overall pick in this draft. Which was already going to happen, this just continued to verify what the Bucs already knew.

Whether he actually makes it in the NFL or not, no one can really know, but he's the best choice of the bunch.

Edited by DrDareustein

I'm not sure I agree with that. Reading a defense takes intelligence, instincts and hard work. If not sure you can teach any of those traits. I'm not saying that JW doesn't possess some or all of them already, but that's the evaluation Tampa Bay and others need to make.

Meh...I've heard that line so many times. Might he be a good QB? Sure. Worth a top-5 pick to a team needing a QB? Sure.

'Special'? I won't hold my breath. Vick, Young and Newtown were all supposed to be 'special' too.

I'd take crazy Cam Newton in a

heartbeat!

I think that Clemson was ranked when they played. Jameis was suspended that game. Louisville may have been, Miami may have been and GT was. None of those teams were very good but top 25 nonetheless.

I was hoping that the Bucks would get FSU in the title game. I would have loved to have smacked them around.

What are your mental concerns on the field? Some say (Mariucci and others) that he is the most mentally prepared QB that they have ever seen. That includes Luck, etc...

Mariuci and the others must have missed the Oregon game.

As for the Pro Day, not all the reviews were over the top:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482699/article/jameis-winston-pro-day-workout-draws-mixed-reviews

What are your mental concerns on the field? Some say (Mariucci and others) that he is the most mentally prepared QB that they have ever seen. That includes Luck, etc...

I don't think he's smart enough to make it. Maybe in college but not the NFL. But we'll see.

I don't think he's smart enough to make it. Maybe in college but not the NFL. But we'll see.

I guess that I am confused as to what you are basing that on? They are saying that he is the most mentally prepared QB to maybe ever come out. His understanding of reads, coverages, etc... is his best attribute.

Again, I am not a Jameis fan but in terms of understanding the position he is light years ahead of everyone else.

I guess that I am confused as to what you are basing that on? They are saying that he is the most mentally prepared QB to maybe ever come out. His understanding of reads, coverages, etc... is his best attribute.

Again, I am not a Jameis fan but in terms of understanding the position he is light years ahead of everyone else.

The experts get them wrong more than right. And it's just a sense I have, plus his poor senior season.

The experts get them wrong more than right. And it's just a sense I have, plus his poor senior season.

It is just a weird thing to question him on. It is like questioning whether Michael Vick will be fast enough to play the QB position. There are plenty of holes in Jameis' game to poke at (maturity, slow delivery, athleticism, turnovers) but his understanding of an offense doesn't seem to be one of them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It is just a weird thing to question him on. It is like questioning whether Michael Vick will be fast enough to play the QB position. There are plenty of holes in Jameis' to poke at (maturity, slow delivery, athleticism, turnovers) but his understanding of an offense doesn't seem to be one of them.

Those are also concerns. But it's a big step up from college to pro offense. Again, we'll see.