Too many crab legs for Winston?(update: pro day info)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are in the minority, by a lot. A Heisman winner, BCS champion, led many comebacks this year when we thought they were out of it, lost 1 game in two seasons and was by anyone's account the main reason FSU had that remarkable run in his two seasons. He knows how to play the position as well as anyone I've seen in my time watching football. He's up there with Luck as far as football knowledge for a QB. Yes, he was an immature college student, but he's still a first round talent. Young or Russell were not even close. JMO.

Being great in college means little to nothing with regard to future NFL success. It has been proven, literally, every year. And I'm sorry, but this clown is nowhere near Andrew Luck in any way, shape or form.

I would pass on Winston. Being a QB in the NFL requires a madness of greatness. To be a good QB you have to be hard working and have the physical tools. You have 11 guys on the other side of the ball trying to ensure your failure (As well as the numerous coaches and staff that coach, prepare, and train them). You have 10 teammates around you that are trying to pull together to accomplish a goal and you have to incorporate all your coaches and staff's adjustments and coaching.

Overall I think for a QB to be good and worth spending a very high draft choice on I better have no issues as far as work ethic.

My guess is that he'll be a bust. Odds (I didn't say with a 100% certainty) are someone who doesn't have the discipline to stay in shape before the biggest pay day of his life and you add that with all the other off-season activities he has been rumored to have had, the guy simply doesn't have the mental aptitude to succeed in the NFL.

My guess is that he'll be a bust. Odds (I didn't say with a 100% certainty) are someone who doesn't have the discipline to stay in shape before the biggest pay day of his life and you add that with all the other off-season activities he has been rumored to have had, the guy simply doesn't have the mental aptitude to succeed in the NFL.

What activities are you referring to that he is rumored to have had that would be damaging to him?

What activities are you referring to that he is rumored to have had that would be damaging to him?

I think the in-season rumors (shaving points) are more serious than his off-field stupidity. The ridiculously obvious intentional fumble in picture one above should have put any doubts to rest.

I think the in-season rumors (shaving points) are more serious than his off-field stupidity. The ridiculously obvious intentional fumble in picture one above should have put any doubts to rest.

I wasn't even aware of the rumor. If there was an infininitesimal chance that it was true it would be swirling around more publicly. I understand why he is disliked by many. But based on his performances last season with a lest talented cast of players he earned his position of being the top qb prospect in this year's draft and the probable number one pick.

I wasn't even aware of the rumor. If there was an infininitesimal chance that it was true it would be swirling around more publicly. I understand why he is disliked by many. But based on his performances last season with a lest talented cast of players he earned his position of being the top qb prospect in this year's draft and the probable number one pick.

Then I'll just thank God the Bills don't have the #1 pick. This kid is garbage, IMO. On and off the field.

And the news has been widespread about shaving allegations for quite some time ...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS580US580&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=winston%20shaving%20points

• 1 month later...

@ProFootballTalk: Jameis Winston looks flabby at Florida State Pro Day http://t.co/sPIxzidL4t

Watching the pro day on ESPNU and standing front and center, right next to Lovie Smith, is a guy in a Bills hat and jacket. Pretty much meaningless, but interesting. Most likely there to watch WR/OL/etc.

Not seeing him drop the ball to his waist in his motion. Looks like he's been working on mechanics.

Edited by DrDareustein

Watching the pro day on ESPNU and standing front and center, right next to Lovie Smith, is a guy in a Bills hat and jacket. Pretty much meaningless, but interesting. Most likely there to watch WR/OL/etc.

yeah they said all 32 teams are there. FSU has prospects out the wazoo

He's throwing 102 passes?!