Too many crab legs for Winston?(update: pro day info)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh, imho Jamis is a much better prospect than Mariota. And if Im TB, Im going Winston #1 (and I have serious reservations about Winston).

Winston already does and knows a number of things pro-QBs need to, while Mariota is going to (hopefully) learn as he goes. The only rub on Winston is his maturity and level of commitment. The kid already has all the physical attributes, and most of the football IQ. Just not sure if he can be a professional.

But damn, that pic....

This has Jamarcus Winston written all over it....

On a variety of levels you are wrong. Yes, there are character issues. But from a football standpoint there is no comparison between the two. He is better conditioned. He works hard on both the physical and mental side of the game. And surprisingly his teammates like and respond to him. For a qb coming out of the college ranks he has a pro game ready style.

He is probably going be the first pick in the draft. You have to remember that Crazy Al Davis made the Jamarcuss Russell selection because he was infatuated with his size and arm strength. The deceased weird owner was known for making peculiar draft selections. His bizarre way of evaluating players is not going to happen when Tampa makes it first selection. Winston will be intensely scrutinized and then be te first pick in the draft.

On a variety of levels you are wrong. Yes, there are character issues. But from a football standpoint there is no comparison between the two. He is better conditioned. He works hard on both the physical and mental side of the game. And surprisingly his teammates like and respond to him. For a qb coming out of the college ranks he has a pro game ready style.

He is probably going be the first pick in the draft. You have to remember that Crazy Al Davis made the Jamarcuss Russell selection because he was infatuated with his size and arm strength. The deceased weird owner was known for making peculiar draft selections. His bizarre way of evaluating players is not going to happen when Tampa makes it first selection. Winston will be intensely scrutinized and then be te first pick in the draft.

He doesn't look "better conditioned". Anyway, there was lots of hype surrounding Russell before the draft as well.

But, yes, he will be the first pick in the draft.

I predict that no QB is selected first overall and that TB may actually trade down and select Jameis or Marcus later in the first. I see too many off-field issues for Jameis to go #1 and I see too much "rawness" in Marcus to go #1. Just a hunch.

Edited by Mark80

@barstoolsports: Jameis Winston looking slim http://t.co/IvQd5y2iU9

Also

@AdamSchein: The Bucs should pass on Jameis Winston in draft. My column: @nfl http://t.co/1HcrsvBjGW

Sarcasm i see, been hitting the buffet banquet pretty hard though.

He has all the tools but leery of his character, I got burned by Johny last year.

You can learn to read a defense, you can't unlearn stupid.

Tell that to Spread QBs

Jameis Winston's QB tutor says he's not fat, photo aside http://wp.me/p14QSB-9HZu

not muscular either

You can learn to read a defense, you can't unlearn stupid.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Reading a defense takes intelligence, instincts and hard work. If not sure you can teach any of those traits. I'm not saying that JW doesn't possess some or all of them already, but that's the evaluation Tampa Bay and others need to make.

I think it the Bucs pass on Winston they are stupid. I think this kid is going to be special.

Meh...I've heard that line so many times. Might he be a good QB? Sure. Worth a top-5 pick to a team needing a QB? Sure.

'Special'? I won't hold my breath. Vick, Young and Newtown were all supposed to be 'special' too.

I predict that no QB is selected first overall and that TB may actually trade down and select Jameis or Marcus later in the first. I see too many off-field issues for Jameis to go #1 and I see too much "rawness" in Marcus to go #1. Just a hunch.

This would probably be the safe prediction... if there were any other top talents in this draft. Unfortunately for Tampa Bay, there are no Mario Williams to take over Vince Young in this draft, no Clowney to take over Bortles. IMO, the QBs in the 2015 draft are the best prospects, even with their flaws.

This draft is kinda weak all around except in maybe RBs, interior lineman, and TEs. Which plays out great for the Bills, right? Maybe Whaley isnt as dumb as we think.

Edited by DrDareustein

This would probably be the safe prediction... if there were any other top talents in this draft. Unfortunately for Tampa Bay, there are no Mario Williams to take over Vince Young in this draft, no Clowney to take over Bortles. IMO, the QBs in the 2015 draft, are the best prospects, even with their flaws.

This draft is kinda weak all around, except in maybe RBs, interior lineman, and TEs. Which plays out great for the Bills, right? Maybe Whaley isnt as dumb as we think.

there are some very good defensive linemen at the top but not in the class of Mario/Clowney. Some draftniks have Leonard Williams and/or Randy Gregory going ahead of the QBs but it's not like they are too elite to pass on.

Meh...I've heard that line so many times. Might he be a good QB? Sure. Worth a top-5 pick to a team needing a QB? Sure.

'Special'? I won't hold my breath. Vick, Young and Newtown were all supposed to be 'special' too.

Well they were right about Vick and Newton. Id say both lived up to the hype of being top/top5 picks. Vick just railroaded himself with bad off-field decisions (both football and non-football related). Newton doesnt have anyone regretting that pick, and it will be interesting to see how his career plays out. But neither were the busts that Russell, Young, or Leaf were. And Id argue both performed better than other recent picks like Bradford and RG3.

there are some very good defensive linemen at the top but not in the class of Mario/Clowney. Some draftniks have Leonard Williams and/or Randy Gregory going ahead of the QBs but it's not like they are too elite to pass on.

Yeah, my point exactly. I usually follow college ball (and therefore the upcoming prospects) pretty closely. I was thinking that maybe I was off this year since I moved in the middle of the season and didnt pay it my usual attention. But looking at all the draft sites, my typical reply to the players being touted this year has been "Who?!?"