Scott Walker Hit Job

Dante

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story didn’t come up with anything newsworthy–not even a case of Walker cutting somebody’s hair, like the alleged monster Mitt Romney apparently did.

The headline alludes to this monumental failure of journalism: “questions linger” is journospeak for: “we asked a bunch of questions.”

In other words, the story is about the media, not Walker. And “questions” only “linger” because their answers were a nonstory.

When a newspaper gets its questions answered but still wants to talk only about its questions, they’re basically Geraldo at the opening of the vault.

This being a democratic republic, it is dangerous in and of itself for our elites to condemn as unsuitable for office those they consider to be “less educated” than themselves. But it is downright repugnant to watch certain members of the journalistic class meditating on the question of whether a man who has been infinitely more successful than themselves should be deemed ineligible for want of their preferred credentials.

It is difficult, too, not to divine a touch of caste-system snobbery in the initial inquiry. As higher education becomes increasingly fetishized, those who do not possess the right letters after their names will be increasingly in danger of marginalization — even, it should be said, when they are successful and happy and full of self-assurance. If Scott Walker is the nominee, there is no doubt his detractors will play as subtly but as brutally as they can on his being a “dropout,” nor that the professional class that determines the shape of the debates will mutter in irritation that he is not one of them. If he has any sense about him, he will refuse to entertain the premise. “Sure I didn’t finish college,” he will say. “But look where I am now. This is America, goddamnit.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398466/theres-nothing-shameful-about-walkers-being-college-dropout-charles-c-w-cooke

He can't even answer questions about evolution??? WTF?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin-gov-scott-walker-dodges-question-on-evolution/

Just having fun! I love the smell of burning GOP contenders in the morning...

From the post article:

"Likewise, when Florida began drug-testing applicants for cash assistance in 2011, just 108 of 4,086, or 2.6 percent, failed. (For comparison’s sake, an estimated 8.6 percent of adult Floridians use illegal drugs in a given month.) The cost to conduct Florida’s testing was $118,140, more than the state would have paid out in benefits to the people who failed the screening. And that does not include the $400,000 in legal bills that the state has paid defending the law in court, only to see it struck down for violating the constitutional protection against unreasonable government searches."

Hey, harassing the poor costs money! What's the sense of having the power of government if you can't use it to hurt the poor, right Republicans?

In a reliable sign that Scott Walker is now a first-tier presidential prospect, the media wants to know what he thinks about evolution. Walker’s answer“that’s a question a politician shouldn’t be involved in one way or the other” — is a sign that he can live up to first-tier status.

Here’s another reliable sign that Walker is in the first-tier: the Washington Post is probing the “mystery” of Walker’s decision to leave college without graduating. “Questions linger about why Walker left college,” reads the headline of David Fahrenhold’s front page story.

The story shows that, in fact, there is no mystery. Fahrenhold’s sources confirm what Walker has always said: he preferred having a full-time job, found a good one, and figured he could finish college later.

With nothing new to report in this regard, Fahrenhold looks for something spicy in Walker’s college experiences. Maybe the future governor was a bully or a nasty prankster.

No such luck. Mary Riordan describes him as “kind” and recalls that he drove her to the hospital during four different medical emergencies. His roommate says he considered Walker “too nice to ever be successful in politics.”

NBC News: We’d have condemned Scott Walker no matter what he said in London

He can't even answer questions about evolution??? WTF?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin-gov-scott-walker-dodges-question-on-evolution/

Just having fun! I love the smell of burning GOP contenders in the morning...

From the post article:

"Likewise, when Florida began drug-testing applicants for cash assistance in 2011, just 108 of 4,086, or 2.6 percent, failed. (For comparison’s sake, an estimated 8.6 percent of adult Floridians use illegal drugs in a given month.) The cost to conduct Florida’s testing was $118,140, more than the state would have paid out in benefits to the people who failed the screening. And that does not include the $400,000 in legal bills that the state has paid defending the law in court, only to see it struck down for violating the constitutional protection against unreasonable government searches."

Hey, harassing the poor costs money! What's the sense of having the power of government if you can't use it to hurt the poor, right Republicans?

Not sure what this has to do with the topic of the thread but I've heard a couple of stories that drug testing the people seeking out government assistance was a pretty stupid idea.

But back on topic so he didn't finish college. So what? What does one learn in college that prepares them to be President? There are an awful lot of very dumb highly educated people in the world. Gator probably has a PhD

Edited by Chef Jim

Not sure what this has to do with the topic of the thread but I've heard a couple of stories that drug testing the people seeking out government assistance was a pretty stupid idea.

But back on topic so he didn't finish college. So what? What does one learn in college that prepares them to be President? There are an awful lot of very dumb highly educated people in the world. Gator probably has a PhD

Not in anything having to do with the English language.

Evolution of a Tactic

Nobody really cares if Scott Walker believes in evolution

FTA:

When someone asks a politician whether he “believes in” evolution, he is not asking for a scientific opinion. If you want a scientific opinion, you ask a scientist, not a politician. What is instead being sought with that question is one of two things: 1) a profession of faith, not in science but in the half-informed worldview of the “I F******g Love Science,” Neil deGrasse Tyson–meme-affirming, enjoying-scientific-prestige-by-proxy crowd, or 2) a shameful public confession that one is a knuckle-dragging science “denier” who believes that the fossil record is a conspiracy of archeologists who get up in the morning and go to bed at night fuming about how much they hate the Baby Jesus. It is a purely political and rhetorical exercise.

A Bad-Faith Question

FTA:

That’s because the evolution question really isn’t about evolution at all. On the surface, it’s about the culture war. To borrow a phrase from the campus left, Darwinism is used to “otherize” certain people of traditional faith — and the politicians who want their vote. Many of the same people who bleat with fear over the dangers of genetically modified food, fracking, vaccines, or nuclear power and coo with childlike awe over the benefits of non-traditional medicines will nonetheless tell you they are for “science” when in fact they are simply against a certain kind of Christian having any say about anything.

Not that the lesser posters here will read................or comprehend, but what is going on here is rather obvious.

I pretty much agree with all of this, but Gator has a masters not a PHD, and yes I've run into a lot of clueless PHDs at UB

Not that the lesser posters here will read................or comprehend, but what is going on here is rather obvious.

But you are a "lesser poster." Your name is probably Les

I pretty much agree with all of this, but Gator has a masters not a PHD, and yes I've run into a lot of clueless PHDs at UB

So why is have a college degree important to being President? I'm surprised (wait, no I'm not) you skipped over that question.

I was involved in jury selection this week in Oakland. Lots of Berkeleyites in the box. There were more Phd's and people with multiple masters degrees most of whom could not be partial and were booted. One had masters degrees from NZ, the US and the UK. The judge said "wait, are you telling me you have three masters degrees from three different continents?" :lol: Well her third masters was in something like 17th and 18th century decorative art. When she got to the question about her employment of course she answered with "I'm unemployed."

That Scott Walker -- in early February 2015 -- is being set up and ridiculed by progressives for (a) dropping out of college and (b) not responding to a question about evolution, says more about their fear of a Walker presidential run than it will ever say about anything else.

It's funny how blindly progressives believe having an education automatically means you're a smart person. I mean, you would think that a person who holds a degree from Clark College and a law degree from Texas Southern wouldn't be concerned that putting too many people on Guam will force it to tip over.

Edited by LABillzFan

So why is have a college degree important to being President? I'm surprised (wait, no I'm not) you skipped over that question.

I was involved in jury selection this week in Oakland. Lots of Berkeleyites in the box. There were more Phd's and people with multiple masters degrees most of whom could not be partial and were booted. One had masters degrees from NZ, the US and the UK. The judge said "wait, are you telling me you have three masters degrees from three different continents?" :lol: Well her third masters was in something like 17th and 18th century decorative art. When she got to the question about her employment of course she answered with "I'm unemployed."

Hey, I didn't start the thread. I'll try and answer, but I'm not sure you are wrong, like I said. Ya, I think anyone with brains and pluck could probably be president. Does education matter? It could. If Walker is an ignorant dolt, then I'd probably not vote for him. Maybe he has a brilliance, though.

Ummm...liked your story, but having a little experience myself with the law, I do know that an educated juror is not what attorneys are looking for. They do not want thinkers. Especially for the prosecution a black and white thinkers is the best bet.

Dumb artsy fartsy lady aside, how messed up are things when a judge thinks New Zealand is a continent? And the UK? They are islands dumbass.

Hey, I didn't start the thread. I'll try and answer, but I'm not sure you are wrong, like I said. Ya, I think anyone with brains and pluck could probably be president. Does education matter? It could. If Walker is an ignorant dolt, then I'd probably not vote for him. Maybe he has a brilliance, though.

Ummm...liked your story, but having a little experience myself with the law, I do know that an educated juror is not what attorneys are looking for. They do not want thinkers. Especially for the prosecution a black and white thinkers is the best bet.

It's not that they are critical thinkers it's because they're Berkeley liberals who you know......hate the police.

Ummm...hello...they are Still part of different continents

:doh: