Mayock's 2015 Draft Rankings

thebandit27

I've seen a couple mocks have us taking safety in rd 2 because they think searcy is gone. Does anyone think Duke can step in and fill the void. I think he's a great fit in Rex's scheme. He had a few bad games midseason but his play seriously stepped up in the last 5 games or so. I'm a big fan. Hope we don't go safety early, but if we do who do you guys like? I haven't started researching the DBs yet.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know full-well how bad they were on the OL this year. My point remains that you can find decent guards in UFA and they don't typically cost a great deal. But you don't find outstanding TE's in UFA and if you do, they'll cost a pretty penny. The draft is not there only to fill needs, which invariably it becomes to a lot of posters here, because that's essentially how the Bills have used their top picks going back to around 2006. Savvy teams do better than draft for need.

If you can select a player ranked in the area that he was drafted and fill a major need then that is a smart approach to take. The guard I referred to (Duke's Tomlinson) is considered to be a second round talent and value pick. I would have no problem taking him and boltersing a very weak positiion on this team. The guard position play last year was less than mediocre. It was a major vulnerability that hindered the offense. To put it mildly!!!

Ranking Tevin Coleman as the #5 RB is a surprise to me.

And that's going to change IMO.

Yes to this!!

Coleman is my first choice for out second-round pick. Unless we want to move up (again?!??!) for Gordon or Gurley.

I've seen a couple mocks have us taking safety in rd 2 because they think searcy is gone. Does anyone think Duke can step in and fill the void. I think he's a great fit in Rex's scheme. He had a few bad games midseason but his play seriously stepped up in the last 5 games or so. I'm a big fan. Hope we don't go safety early, but if we do who do you guys like? I haven't started researching the DBs yet.

I think we resign Searcy...

Have we been given any indication that that will not happen.

He seems perfectly adequate.

Yes to this!!

Coleman is my first choice for out second-round pick. Unless we want to move up (again?!??!) for Gordon or Gurley.

I think we resign Searcy...

Have we been given any indication that that will not happen.

He seems perfectly adequate.

I pray we do, but he played extremely well last year and his price tag could be higher than predicted. I wouldn't be shocked to see him offered 6 mill a year.

I pray we do, but he played extremely well last year and his price tag could be higher than predicted. I wouldn't be shocked to see him offered 6 mill a year.

and a lot of teams desperate for safety help, including his home town team of Atlanta.

Searcy has really improved in the last couple years but he was better in Schwartz's D as more of a box safety than in Pettine's. So I wonder if that will be a factor.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Time will tell......

I want all you yahoos bitching about the trade up for Sammy Watkins to stand fast to your opinion.....and lets revisit it after this next season.

Nobody is arguing Sammy isn't a good player. He might be a pro bowler some day. But Beckham Jr already is one. Benjamin will be one too. We didn't need to trade up to get a good receiver.

Nobody is arguing Sammy isn't a good player. He might be a pro bowler some day. But Beckham Jr already is one. Benjamin will be one too. We didn't need to trade up to get a good receiver.

In fact, we could have traded down. Oh - and did I mention that this years class is loaded at WR again with Kevin White, Amari Cooper, DGB, etc... It feels like elite WR prospects are becoming a dime a dozen.

In fact, we could have traded down. Oh - and did I mention that this years class is loaded at WR again with Kevin White, Amari Cooper, DGB, etc... It feels like elite WR prospects are becoming a dime a dozen.

the draft guys have said that the best WR in this class would have been the 4th best last year. They aren't all created equal. Not even close to "dime a dozen" if you want an "elite" guy. That's just a paradox. There are usually only a few at most per year who are projected to be a #1 WR immediately in the nfl. And DGB is a big gamble off field.

2014 was a standout WR class. Doesn't compare to this class. There are a few very good prospects. I don't see any as elite.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jamarcus Russell

We do not need to read or watch anything Mayock or any of these morons say. They don't know any more than we do.

Everyone gets some of them wrong.

I'll remind you that Mayock has been offered the GM job for 1 team, and been offered a FO job by at least 1 other team. He knows the process, and understands what teams look for better than most analysts.

It would be, IMO, criminally misguided to toss out anyone's opinion based on one player evaluation.

Everyone gets some of them wrong.

I'll remind you that Mayock has been offered the GM job for 1 team, and been offered a FO job by at least 1 other team. He knows the process, and understands what teams look for better than most analysts.

It would be, IMO, criminally misguided to toss out anyone's opinion based on one player evaluation.

Not that I don't trust you but do you have a link about Mayock being offered a GM position?

He's my favorite but I hate how much stock some fans put into this "draft experts" draft boards. They are all subjective opinions. And it's much better to be on TV and not have to face the real pressure of being a GM and risk being fired. Does anyone respect Matt Millen's opinions anymore?

Not that I don't trust you but do you have a link about Mayock being offered a GM position?

He's my favorite but I hate how much stock some fans put into this "draft experts" draft boards. They are all subjective opinions. And it's much better to be on TV and not have to face the real pressure of being a GM and risk being fired. Does anyone respect Matt Millen's opinions anymore?

Indeed I do:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/mike-mayock-is-a-wanted-man/

Also, that's Matt Miller, not Matt Millen. Miller is a former NFL scout.

Thanks. I take it with a grain of salt because he said it and there's no real proof. But he made the right choice. He has job security as a TV guy that he won't have as a GM.

I really like Mayock but I hate the flipping out about bad picks and reach because of his board.

the draft guys have said that the best WR in this class would have been the 4th best last year. They aren't all created equal. Not even close to "dime a dozen" if you want an "elite" guy. That's just a paradox. There are usually only a few at most per year who are projected to be a #1 WR immediately in the nfl. And DGB is a big gamble off field.

2014 was a standout WR class. Doesn't compare to this class. There are a few very good prospects. I don't see any as elite.

Just curious: Why is Amari Cooper not rated as an elite, can't miss prospect, along the lines of Watkins, AJ Green, etc? He sure looks like one to me, and his production (with a mediocre QB getting him the ball) is off the charts.