Barkley: "analytics" are BS

YoloinOhio

I suppose analytics have some value, but crap like that always becomes a crutch. There are dorks in every line of work who can’t understand anything about the world or make a decision unless they can compare column C and D on a !@#$ing spreadsheet. That’s because they lack imagination, insight, vision. Analytics will only get you so far—the true visionaries in any field succeed because they can see the world as it is and don’t need it simplified and color coded for them.

Tons of guys like this where I work. They are utterly clueless, but they can always justify their ludicrous position because they have a piece of paper that says A > B. I call it “spreadsheet sophistry.”

I suppose analytics have some value, but crap like that always becomes a crutch. There are dorks in every line of work who can’t understand anything about the world or make a decision unless they can compare column C and D on a !@#$ing spreadsheet. That’s because they lack imagination, insight, vision. Analytics will only get you so far—the true visionaries in any field succeed because they can see the world as it is and don’t need it simplified and color coded for them.

Tons of guys like this where I work. They are utterly clueless, but they can always justify their ludicrous position because they have a piece of paper that says A > B. I call it “spreadsheet sophistry.”

You know how I know that you don't work with data?

Grizzlies have had same core of Conley Zbo and Gasol for years.

Conleys maturation is key imo. Don't see where the "analytics" has really made much of an impact.

Vince Carter and Jeff Green additions ? Meh to analytics in basketball.

Yes to whatever Popovich Carlisle and Budenholzer are doing.

Grizzlies have had same core of Conley Zbo and Gasol for years.

Conleys maturation is key imo. Don't see where the "analytics" has really made much of an impact.

Vince Carter and Jeff Green additions ? Meh to analytics in basketball.

Yes to whatever Popovich Carlisle and Budenholzer are doing.

loved Conley at OSU. Underrated player in the nba.