Mike Glennon generating buzz as Bucs trade candidate

HOUSE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this logic at all. Glennon is an unproven QB who couldn't unseat an underperforming, underwhelming McCown, so the ideal team that would like to trade for him would be a team which already has an unproven QB?

"ideal" from Tampa's perspective. Somebody desperate, willing to give max value for a shot in the dark.

Glennon is a statue. No thanks.

Unlike most of you I have watched very little TB Bucs football. I have no idea how good Glennon is but the point above is what makes be think he would not be pursued by the Bills. Roman doesn't need a "running QB" per se but his QBs have always had mobility inside and outside the pocket - Luck, Smith, Kaep. I would be surprised if they signed a statue.

Statistically Glennon was the best QB from the 2013 Class ( Better than EJ) with 19 TDs in 13 games. This is while playing on perhaps the worst team of all the other rookies, with Greg Schiano as coach.

So, after showing the most promise of ANY QB drafted, Tampa brought in a new coach and GM who brought with them a very high priced FA to start over him.

He still managed to start 5 games and throw 10 TDs.

Why in the world are people not giving this kid a chance but still want to ride EJ? The answer is - Bills bias. Plain and simple.

Yes he is a statue but so is Flacco. Get this kid a good OL and he has a future. He throws a good deep ball and teams will have to defend Watkins deep. Teams dont have to do that with EJ at the helm.

Edited by peterpan

Let Cleveland take him!!

Statistically Glennon was the best QB from the 2013 Class ( Better than EJ) with 19 TDs in 13 games. This is while playing on perhaps the worst team of all the other rookies, with Greg Schiano as coach.

So, after showing the most promise of ANY QB drafted, Tampa brought in a new coach and GM who brought with them a very high priced FA to start over him.

Why in the world are people not giving this kid a chance but still want to ride EJ? The answer is - Bills bias. Plain and simple.

Yes he is a statue but so is Flacco. Get this kid a good OL and he has a future. He throws a good deep ball and teams will have to defend Watkins deep. Teams dont have to do that with EJ at the helm.

what both Glennon and EJ did in college is moot in the NFL.

I saw Glennon in a few NFL games and I wasn't impressed.

I'll double check but I thought Glennon might have been benched before the latest new HC in Tampa.

played 6 games in 2014 under Lovie Smith The team finished 2-14

played 13 games in 2014 under Greg Schiano The team finished 4-12

http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/2013.htm

http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/2014.htm

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

While the Bills team overall is better yes, our offensive coaching and play calling was the worst in the league since EJ has been around. Perhaps you are the one who needs to give EJ a real chance with someone who knows what the hell they are doing on offense. Also, when you look at their stats relatively they are very similar in terms of completion percentage, interception rate, and yards per attempt, the three most telling stats IMO. EJ had a terrible game against one of the better defenses in the league with the single most impactful defender to come along in a while and they gave up on him.

Edited by Mark80

While the Bills team overall is better yes, our offensive coaching and play calling was the worst in the league since EJ has been around. Perhaps you are the one who needs to give EJ a real chance with a someone who knows what the hell they are doing on offense. Also, when you look at their stats relatively they are very similar in terms of completion percentage, interception rate, and yards per attempt, the three most telling stats IMO.

Their (EJ Detractors) straw man argument is everyone else deserves a chance but EJ .. edit as they show more promise. :doh:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I said nothing about college????

And while its popular to rip into Marone and his ginger child around here, the offense they put out there was much more effective than the execution they were getting from their QBs. The coaches tape they call the All-22 will tell you that, its plain as day.

Our QBs couldnt even make the proper reads on a dig route. A dig route!!!

Thats like entering the Daytona 500 without a motor.

Their (EJ Detractors) straw man argument is everyone else deserves a chance but EJ

If they have shown more promise, yes, they do deserve a shot over EJ.

I said nothing about college????

And while its popular to rip into Marone and his ginger child around here, the offense they put out there was much more effective than the execution they were getting from their QBs. The coaches tape they call the All-22 will tell you that, its plain as day.

Our QBs couldnt even make the proper reads on a dig route. A dig route!!!

Thats like entering the Daytona 500 without a motor.

If they have shown more promise, yes, they do deserve a shot over EJ.

Let me reiterate

Their (EJ Detractors) straw man argument is everyone else shows more promise but EJ

Let Cleveland take him!!

what both Glennon and EJ did in college is moot in the NFL.

I saw Glennon in a few NFL games and I wasn't impressed.

I'll double check but I thought Glennon might have been benched before the latest new HC in Tampa.

played 6 games in 2014 under Lovie Smith The team finished 2-14

played 13 games in 2014 under Greg Schiano The team finished 4-12

http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/2013.htm

http://www.pro-footb...ms/tam/2014.htm

I know this is a view widely held on this forum about QBs in general, but it is wrong.

It depends on what you are talking about specifically.

Specific plays and specific approaches to specific defenses filled with college (and not NFL) quality talent are arguably not that relevant to the NFL.

But a QBs core "transferrable skills" are completely relevant.