Fish in process of extending Tannehill

YoloinOhio

and it was TNF on the road - not an excuse but many teams have their worst performance of the year in that situation. Still, they didn't play well and deserved to lose. But the "rivalry" has been tilted Buffalo's way since Tannehill got there.

Tilted, yeah. By one game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide margin? We won one of those on a last second strip sack.

Don't have the expectations you do for our "new offense." Some of those responsible are still on this team.

By wide margin I mean we have outscored them 80-53 in those 4 games. I like our odds vs Tannehill and the Fins Edited by kdiggz

another alex smith, andy dalton, jay cutler extension.....dont really want to but what other choice do they have? B plan get in line with the other 20 teams searching and hoping to find one

exactly. Supply and demand. If they don't pay them someone else will, and there isn't anyone to replace them with.

He looked to be making some siginificant improvements last year, so I don't blame them for extending.

Career:

Rating: 76, 81, 92

QBR: 50, 45, 59

Last season (Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec):

Rating: 81, 94, 106, 91

Games 1-8 vs 9-16: 90 vs 94

He's generally on the right path, it appears... so good for him/them. I just hope we still kick his ass :)

Edited by Dorkington

Just to be clear I do not dislike Tannehill. I think that he is the epitome of average and you will never win a title with him. You have no choice but to sign him if you are Miami because you are in much better shape than a lot of other teams (including the Bills). It is one of those damned if you, damned if you don't situations.

The point that I was making is that I would rather be searching for my guy while having a stopgap like Orton on a $5M deal instead of getting slightly better play from the QB for $15M a year. At the same time you cannot fault those teams for paying those 2 (and some others).

Just to be clear I do not dislike Tannehill. I think that he is the epitome of average and you will never win a title with him. You have no choice but to sign him if you are Miami because you are in much better shape than a lot of other teams (including the Bills). It is one of those damned if you, damned if you don't situations.

The point that I was making is that I would rather be searching for my guy while having a stopgap like Orton on a $5M deal instead of getting slightly better play from the QB for $15M a year. At the same time you cannot fault those teams for paying those 2 (and some others).

How can you say that? He just had his third year, and it was a good one. It's not like he's 29. He could go out next season and throw 40 TD's. I wouldn't be surprised.

What are you searching for with a stopgap like Orton? In reality, your odds of getting an average QB are the highest over a franchise guy or a HoFer. I'd like to see the numbers on how successful constantly "searching" is. Would you rather be the Bengals or the Raiders?

Build a D around them and make a run. Tanny on the Bills last season and we make it to at least the first round of the playoffs.

Edited by FireChan

How can you say that? He just had his third year, and it was a good one. It's not like he's 29. He could go out next season and throw 40 TD's. I wouldn't be surprised.

What are you searching for with a stopgap like Orton? In reality, your odds of getting an average QB are the highest over a franchise guy or a HoFer. I'd like to see the numbers on how successful constantly "searching" is. Would you rather be the Bengals or the Raiders?

Build a D around them and make a run. Tanny on the Bills last season and we make it to at least the first round of the playoffs.

That's kind of my point. That isn't the goal. The Bills are going to have to get lucky to find their guy. They are going to need to get an RG or SB with natural talent that made them top 2 picks and bring it out of them.

You are not content with an Orton so you are still looking for your guy. He is just filling in while a team like Miami is building around Tannehill now. Do you think that you can win a Super Bowl with Ryan Tannehill?? I don't and that is the goal.

I think that the guy is pretty good. His ceiling to me is Alex Smith which MAY in a perfect scenario allow you to compete for a championship. There are others in that boat (Cincy, Arizona, Chicago, etc...). They get decent QB play that can have them in the playoffs but I am not sure that those guys can win. It's a tough situation to be in because there are so few top end, franchise guys out there.