Fish in process of extending Tannehill

YoloinOhio

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some may not agree with the term or compensation, but this proves a simple fact of the NFL.

If a QB worth a damned has been discovered, he will be unavailable on the free market as long as he is worth a damned.

If a QB is available, it is because he is NOT worth a damned.

Good luck with that. Average QBs at $100M is a recipe for disaster. I'd much rather Orton at $5M than Tannehill at $15M.

Yup. You'd almost venture they would come out ahead trading tannehill and rolling with Moore. Wonder what a 100m RT fetches is trade....

Other than flacco, has anyone played chicken with one of these mid tier qbs? I'm so curious what the market would bear out if these guys ever hit it. I guess Alex smith with the trade and 17m per year is the closest?

Curious if this is one of the "new" QB contracts or not.

You mean the kaepernick year-to-year model? Probably not far removed Edited by NoSaint

Some may not agree with the term or compensation, but this proves a simple fact of the NFL.

If a QB worth a damned has been discovered, he will be unavailable on the free market as long as he is worth a damned.

I think that it's a step further. It is like the Dalton situation. He is good enough to be your starter and not good enough to win a championship. At the same time you can't cut ties. I believe that having an average QB (Kaep, Dalton, Tannehill) on a big contract is worse than a slightly below average QB on a good deal. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's already had a better year than Alex Smith has ever had. And he's a third year player.

What makes you think his ceiling is a lesser QB?

This is my point entirely. We can hem and haw over just how good he is, or where his potential ceiling lies.

The reality is that this guy is about to be locked up long term as though he is Joe Montana in his prime.

The guys floating around this league as being "available" are not even on a Tannehill level, more or less.

This is my point entirely. We can hem and haw over just how good he is, or where his potential ceiling lies.

The reality is that this guy is about to be locked up long term as though he is Joe Montana in his prime.

The guys floating around this league as being "available" are not even on a Tannehill level, more or less.

I get that's your point. That's just that market forces at work. A QB's price is what some team is willing to pay. Cutler got the same thing. So did Kaep and Dalton. Be adequate and you're worth your weight in gold.

Tanny is good though. I like him as a QB.

The more you post, the more clueless you appear to be. What about Jim Plunkett, Trent Dilfer, Rich Gannon, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Steve Young, and on and on and on? Your argument is flawed.

That was a pathetic offensive effort and those responsible are now gone (thank god). We have a new offense now. We have won the last 3 of 4 by a wide margin. I expect utter domination this year

Wide margin? We won one of those on a last second strip sack.

Don't have the expectations you do for our "new offense." Some of those responsible are still on this team.

That was a pathetic offensive effort and those responsible are now gone (thank god). We have a new offense now. We have won the last 3 of 4 by a wide margin. I expect utter domination this year

and it was TNF on the road - not an excuse but many teams have their worst performance of the year in that situation. Still, they didn't play well and deserved to lose. But the "rivalry" has been tilted Buffalo's way since Tannehill got there.