Ukraine / Russia

It was spent on supporting individuals and businesses who are western leaning. Where's the link that US overthrew the government?

All $5 billion, huh? And supporting "western leaning" didnt go into fomenting the uprising? Lol course not

And you believe this because Victoria nuland said so? The woman caught on tape maneuvering how shed get her guy in power in Ukraine even if EU didn't support the tactic. Lol ok

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All $5 billion, huh? And supporting "western leaning" didnt go into fomenting the uprising? Lol course not

And you believe this because Victoria nuland said so? The woman caught on tape maneuvering how shed get her guy in power in Ukraine even if EU didn't support the tactic. Lol ok

I wonder if EU's position laast year considered appeasing Putin to keep the gas floeing? And Neuland was correctly calling them wimps, as yet again US had to do western Europe's dirty work.

But let's fast forward one year, and EU's position is fully aligned with where US was last year. So in the end, Neuland was right.

But, you're still an idiot.

Yup simple as that.

"Russian leaders have adamantly opposed NATO enlargement, and in recent years, they have made it clear that they would not stand by while their strategically important neighbor turned into a Western bastion. For Putin, the illegal overthrow of Ukraines democratically elected and pro-Russian president -- which he rightly labeled a coup -- was the final straw. He responded by taking Crimea, a peninsula he feared would host a NATO naval base."

Now that sanctions haven't stopped Russia (no surprise as they simply cannot back down and lose face not this), and Russian backed rebels are outdueling ukraine govt troops, western leaders and media are crying foul. And as usual it looks like us/west intervention will have the opposite effect than intended, in this case an expanded soviet empire and dramatically smaller and weaker Ukraine that will be an economic liability to us and Europe.

Not missing a beat the goof ball lackies on this board just soak up all the state propaganda supported by a compliant media and fall over each other demomizing Putin as the evil aggressor. Never ever do they consider the action of others as a reaction to anything we do ...sure in that myopic vacuum anyone that opposes our interventions is the bad guy whose actions can only be explained by maniacal evil hell bent on global domination. And most tragic of all is the elites and special interests in DC that make policy don't give a lick about what's best for american people, they just try to maintain enough support amomg the lackies to continue the charade

Edited by JTSP

Apparently you don't as you're suppprting a foreign policy that's helping put it back together

Cause and effect, moron. There was no need for concern in the region with Gorbachev & Yeltsin in charge.

Cause and effect, moron. There was no need for concern in the region with Gorbachev & Yeltsin in charge.

Please give it up. Gorby had that head tattoo thingy going on, Yeltsin was a Bill-Clinton-look-alike. But BORIS!

Wow - he's a hunk. No wonder JTSP is ga-ga over him.

The policy blunder was going into Iraq under false pretenses. Claiming it was for the greater good when it was really a geopolitical move (for any number of reasons you wish to assign to it) that was done dirty. And they got caught and were exposed to the rest of the world as being full of ****. That's the stain that sticks and allows Putin and company to cast doubt when the US says they didn't intervene or destabilize the Ukraine. It's false and completely untrue that the US did that, but because of the stain of Iraq our opposition has a much easier job pulling the wool over idiots like JTSP's eyes.

43 destroyed our reputation as a nation, whatever was left, and 44 doubled down on idiocy by making our foreign policy a complete disaster. We can quibble over who did America the worst on that stage, but both have done far more damage than good to our standing around the world.

You were saying? At least the UK is having its day of reckoning.

The EU must ratchet up sanctions on Russia if the situation in Ukraine worsens, a Lords report warns today. The report also states that Russia’s action in a sovereign territory was unacceptable, but that in the run-up to the crisis, mistakes were made by the EU as well as Russia.

The policy blunder was going into Iraq under false pretenses. Claiming it was for the greater good when it was really a geopolitical move (for any number of reasons you wish to assign to it) that was done dirty. And they got caught and were exposed to the rest of the world as being full of ****. That's the stain that sticks and allows Putin and company to cast doubt when the US says they didn't intervene or destabilize the Ukraine. It's false and completely untrue that the US did that, but because of the stain of Iraq our opposition has a much easier job pulling the wool over idiots like JTSP's eyes.

43 destroyed our reputation as a nation, whatever was left, and 44 doubled down on idiocy by making our foreign policy a complete disaster. We can quibble over who did America the worst on that stage, but both have done far more damage than good to our standing around the world.

43 at least attempted to sell the world on it, was able to drag 3 other major countries into it with him initially (despite us having the vast majority of troops), and succeeded in dragging dozens more into it in some capacity.

Russia just moved in without even doing the dance.

We really need to be f'ing with Russia at this point? We should be working on trading with them boosting both economies not picking fights over the Ukraine? Could anyone here sleep at night knowing that Barry sent their kid over there to die? For the Ukraine? Let the russkies have it I couldn't give a crap. I just get the feeling all this turmoil is by design. Leave the Russians and Ukrainians alone. They can sort it out.

We really need to be f'ing with Russia at this point? We should be working on trading with them boosting both economies not picking fights over the Ukraine? Could anyone here sleep at night knowing that Barry sent their kid over there to die? For the Ukraine? Let the russkies have it I couldn't give a crap. I just get the feeling all this turmoil is by design. Leave the Russians and Ukrainians alone. They can sort it out.

We always need to be f'ing with Russia. Nobody is going to send kids to die though.

We were working on trading with them and boosting both economies. Until Putin decided to make a land grab.

Ukranians, Polacks, Czechs. They all blend into the landscape eventually.

Well, Putin has enough foreign countries that dislike him,. CIA, MI6? I don't necessarily think it's Putin. Anyway we have our own problems with Barry. China is now getting pissed off with us meddling. This idiot wants to get us in a war.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-ukraine-idUSKBN0LV0H120150227

the half-pregnant school of foreign policy? about as rational as being half-pregnant too

You would feel good knowing your kid died fighting for the Ukraine? For real? Russia hasn't done anything to us. They just don't want NATO up their ass. Can't say I blame them.

Edited by Dante

Well, Putin has enough foreign countries that dislike him,. CIA, MI6? I don't necessarily think it's Putin. Anyway we have our own problems with Barry. China is now getting pissed off with us meddling. This idiot wants to get us in a war.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-ukraine-idUSKBN0LV0H120150227

You would feel good knowing your kid died fighting for the Ukraine? For real? Russia hasn't done anything to us. They just don't want NATO up their ass. Can't say I blame them.

No I'm saying the opposite. Thinking we can meddle around in the affairs of others without getting dragged in deeper is naive