Boehner Blunder w/Netanyahu

Forget waiting. Can we trade for him now?

Obviously Israel being a competent country would never trade him but it's fun to think about. We have no All Pro caliber starting politicians to offer them so it would have to be volume, volume, volume. Start with Obama. Now with 6 years experience that is something. We could give Pelosi a tested veteran and Harry Reid. Future coach for them maybe? Throw in Boehner and McConnell for a little versatility and voila! You have a great base there to get any budding banana republic off to a fabulous start.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Didn't wake and bake today?

I have no doubts JTSP woke and baked today. And knowing how little grey matter resides between those ears of his, I'm certain he managed to mess up the simple act of sparking a joint. There's no excuse for the type of ignorance JTSP displays on a continual basis all over this site. You get taken to task here, but I find you to be at least plucky and, though sometimes misguided, you have moments of sanity. But JTSP is just a troll from start to finish. Actually, that might be giving him too much credit. From football (he knows nothing about the game but thinks he's Vince Lombardi) to Off The Wall, to the gladiator pit that is PPP, JTSP is nothing but an unsophisticated dummy who believes Sammy Watkins is equivalent to Ty Law.

Oh, and he wants to wipe all Jews off the face of the Earth... so, you know, might want to pick your allies around here a bit more judiciously.

"So you see my friends, this deal has two major concessions: one leaving Iran with a vast nuclear progam, and two, lifiting the restrictions on that program in about a decade,” Netanyahu said. “That’s why this deal is so bad. It doesn’t block Iran’s path to the bomb, it paves Iran’s path to the bomb.”

Netanyahu said that Israel is no longer passive in the face of threats to its country and people.

“I can guarantee you this: The days when the Jewish people remain passive in the face of genocidal enemies, those days are over,” he told lawmakers. “We are no longer scattered among the nations powerless to defend ourselves, we restored our sovereignty in our ancient home. And the soldiers who defend ourselves have boundless courage. For the first time in a hundred generations, we the Jewish people can defend ourselves.

“Even if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand.”

I have no doubts JTSP woke and baked today. And knowing how little grey matter resides between those ears of his, I'm certain he managed to mess up the simple act of sparking a joint. There's no excuse for the type of ignorance JTSP displays on a continual basis all over this site. You get taken to task here, but I find you to be at least plucky and, though sometimes misguided, you have moments of sanity. But JTSP is just a troll from start to finish. Actually, that might be giving him too much credit. From football (he knows nothing about the game but thinks he's Vince Lombardi) to Off The Wall, to the gladiator pit that is PPP, JTSP is nothing but an unsophisticated dummy who believes Sammy Watkins is equivalent to Ty Law.

Oh, and he wants to wipe all Jews off the face of the Earth... so, you know, might want to pick your allies around here a bit more judiciously.

Well, ok. I guess you don't like him. :bag:

Let's hope the United States does too...

Considering how much financial aid Israel receives on an annual basis, I find it funny how he says they can do it alone. Id like to see you do everything on your own, Netanyahu, without financial assistance or our weapons.

Netanyahu accomplished as much as he possibly could have wanted out of this speech.Which is he helped his political career by improving his odds of being re elected. He helped make the case for Conservatives which is that Obama is a naive light weight on the world stage. And most importantly, he forced the administration to be tougher on Iran than they had originally planned on, which is a good thing.

"So you see my friends, this deal has two major concessions: one leaving Iran with a vast nuclear progam, and two, lifiting the restrictions on that program in about a decade,” Netanyahu said. “That’s why this deal is so bad. It doesn’t block Iran’s path to the bomb, it paves Iran’s path to the bomb.”

Netanyahu said that Israel is no longer passive in the face of threats to its country and people.

“I can guarantee you this: The days when the Jewish people remain passive in the face of genocidal enemies, those days are over,” he told lawmakers. “We are no longer scattered among the nations powerless to defend ourselves, we restored our sovereignty in our ancient home. And the soldiers who defend ourselves have boundless courage. For the first time in a hundred generations, we the Jewish people can defend ourselves.

lol thats why he's here trying to undermine a deal, and has been stumping for US attacks all these years

seriously is there anything that comes out of his mouth thats not a blatant obvious lie or bout of hypocrisy?

here we have a leader of rogue state thats been stealing another peoples lands for decades, in clear violation of international law (and US policy for that matter), who carries out the worst kind of state sponsored terror and ethnic cleansing, with a full blown nuclear program of its own ... pointing the finger at someone else?

Netanyahu accomplished as much as he possibly could have wanted out of this speech.Which is he helped his political career by improving his odds of being re elected. He helped make the case for Conservatives which is that Obama is a naive light weight on the world stage. And most importantly, he forced the administration to be tougher on Iran than they had originally planned on, which is a good thing.

all he did was force the administration's hands in getting a deal, so as not to appear weak

Edited by JTSP

lol thats why he's here trying to undermine a deal, and has been stumping for US attacks all these years

seriously is there anything that comes out of his mouth thats not a blatant obvious lie or bout of hypocrisy?

here we have a leader of rogue state thats been stealing another peoples lands for decades, in clear violation of international law (and US policy for that matter), who carries out the worst kind of state sponsored terror and ethnic cleansing, with a full blown nuclear program of its own ... pointing the finger at someone else?

all he did was force the administration's hands in getting a deal, so as not to appear weak

Holy ****, did you really just call Israel a "rogue state"? :blink:

Results from University of Maryland survey released today:

Majority of Americans Favor Deal with Iran allowing Limited Enrichment

While majorities found arguments for both options at least somewhat convincing, when asked to make their final recommendation, a clear majority of 61% recommended making a deal with Iran that would include a limited enrichment capacity for Iran. This included 61% of Republicans, 66% of Democrats and 54% of independents. The alternative of increasing sanctions in an effort to get Iran to stop all uranium enrichment was endorsed by 36%.

http://public-consultation.org/studies/Iran_030315.pdf

Edited by JTSP

Results from University of Maryland survey released today:

Majority of Americans Favor Deal with Iran allowing Limited Enrichment

While majorities found arguments for both options at least somewhat convincing, when asked to make their final recommendation, a clear majority of 61% recommended making a deal with Iran that would include a limited enrichment capacity for Iran. This included 61% of Republicans, 66% of Democrats and 54% of independents. The alternative of increasing sanctions in an effort to get Iran to stop all uranium enrichment was endorsed by 36%.

http://public-consultation.org/studies/Iran_030315.pdf

Do you honestly consider Israel a rogue state?

refreshing that US politicians are stepping forward and telling it like it is with that creep:

What you were witnessing today was a very old concept: if you can make the people afraid, you can make them do anything, said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.). And thats what prime minister Netanyahu was doing. He was trying to make people afraid and somehow saying that the president wasnt doing his job.

This speech was straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook, said Rep. John Yarmuth, a Kentucky Democrat. The Jewish lawmaker added: I resented the condescending tone that he used, which basically indicated that he didnt think anybody in Congress or the country understood the threat that a nuclear, weaponized Iran poses to his country, to the region and to the world.

(Senate Minority Whip) Durbin, who disagreed with Netanyahus characterization of the negotiations, said he reached out to the Senate historian to see if there was any precedent to the approximately 60 Democratic members skipping the speech. He said there was not.

Its the first time in history that so many members of Congress have stepped forward to say that they would not attend a joint session. So thats never happened before. It was much more partisan and political than it ever should have been, Durbin said.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who was visibly agitated during the speech. She said afterward that she was near tears, saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States and the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran.

He seemed to say that there was no way [to] ever trust Iran. Which says to me you cant have a deal with Iran. And then he said, Well, why dont you work for a better deal? So it was confusing, said Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.). I think he had circular reasoning.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said he was concerned that many who heard the address would assume the United States had already agreed to the terms Netanyahu criticized, when in fact the provisions are still under negotiation.

I thought it was a stick in the eye of the president. I really worry about the consequences of some of the rhetoric he used, Murphy said. If I had faith that every member of the House Republican Caucus was going to sit down and read the deal and look upon it without Obama-colored glasses, I wouldnt be as worried.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/democrats-react-benjamin-netanyahu-speech-115705.html#ixzz3TOfuqDxz

Edited by JTSP