This is really cool.

Any evidence this does anything??? Nah....just 'jump in.' I generally take a 'who knows' approach to stuff like this but this is anecdotal BS at it's best. Snake oil comes to mind....or the Frozen Fountain of Youth.

Per the article:

-The CEO 'looks young' and 'doesn't get sick.'

-The doc who refers patients there says a big reason for the popularity is that 'celebrities' use it.

-Christiano Ronaldo has a home unit! The 'center' has a picture of it on their wall!!

-The doc says this: "The immune system is boosted, the lymphatic system moves, the blood is oxygenated -- enzymes and nutrients are delivered to every part of the body."

- I love when treatments are evaluated on these end point criteria. :lol:

-Another anecdote: A coffee addict from Colombia cures the addiction with the deep freeze. Adds this: "I'm Colombian; we need coffee. But if I do cryotherapy, I'm energized all day. I would compare my own state of whole-body awesomeness to the afterglow of a fabulous colonic." :o

This info below from their own site:

• Reduces inflammation *
  • Increases energy *
  • Lessens muscle soreness and tension *
  • Relieves pain from injuries or joint disorders *
  • Boosts metabolism and contributes to weight loss *
  • Increases collagen production, reducing cellulite and signs of aging *
  • Improves mood via a rise in endorphins *
  • Has an anti-oxide effect, which can slow aging and help prevent osteoporosis *
  • Has also been used to help elevate testosterone levels in men *
  • Supports the treatment of multiple sclerosis *
  • Helps solve insomnia, migraines, gout and asthma *

* These statements have not been evaluted by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease

Apparently it 'reduces, increases, lessens, relieves, boosts, improves, slows, elevates, supports and solves' a lot of problems. They just have no proof.... and are careful to say it isn't intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent anything.

Extreme cold temps like this have been used in very much legitimate medical fields in Europe for a long time.

A good friend in Germany just had a hip replaced; he had to undergo this type of thing several times a week as part of his rehab therapy, conducted at a state of the art facility.

His cost? $10 per day.

Keep laughing...and then start learning...and then you'll start crying when you contemplate the train wreck American health care is.

Any evidence this does anything??? Nah....just 'jump in.' I generally take a 'who knows' approach to stuff like this but this is anecdotal BS at it's best. Snake oil comes to mind....or the Frozen Fountain of Youth.

Per the article:

-The CEO 'looks young' and 'doesn't get sick.'

-The doc who refers patients there says a big reason for the popularity is that 'celebrities' use it.

-Christiano Ronaldo has a home unit! The 'center' has a picture of it on their wall!!

-The doc says this: "The immune system is boosted, the lymphatic system moves, the blood is oxygenated -- enzymes and nutrients are delivered to every part of the body."

- I love when treatments are evaluated on these end point criteria. :lol:

-Another anecdote: A coffee addict from Colombia cures the addiction with the deep freeze. Adds this: "I'm Colombian; we need coffee. But if I do cryotherapy, I'm energized all day. I would compare my own state of whole-body awesomeness to the afterglow of a fabulous colonic." :o

This info below from their own site:

• Reduces inflammation *
  • Increases energy *
  • Lessens muscle soreness and tension *
  • Relieves pain from injuries or joint disorders *
  • Boosts metabolism and contributes to weight loss *
  • Increases collagen production, reducing cellulite and signs of aging *
  • Improves mood via a rise in endorphins *
  • Has an anti-oxide effect, which can slow aging and help prevent osteoporosis *
  • Has also been used to help elevate testosterone levels in men *
  • Supports the treatment of multiple sclerosis *
  • Helps solve insomnia, migraines, gout and asthma *
* These statements have not been evaluted by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease

Apparently it 'reduces, increases, lessens, relieves, boosts, improves, slows, elevates, supports and solves' a lot of problems. They just have no proof.... and are careful to say it isn't intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent anything.

This oxygenates your blood? Why have I been wasting my time with all that breathing?

Extreme cold temps like this have been used in very much legitimate medical fields in Europe for a long time.

A good friend in Germany just had a hip replaced; he had to undergo this type of thing several times a week as part of his rehab therapy, conducted at a state of the art facility.

His cost? $10 per day.

Keep laughing...and then start learning...and then you'll start crying when you contemplate the train wreck American health care is.

"Cold therapy" (and this is a stretch of the term) has been used a lot of places for a lot of things. Not news. Nobody said "it" didn't work. Now look at the voodoo claims above, how they are 'justified' ...and tell me what those have to do with a post op patient after total joint surgery?