Jesus is a...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely missed that.

Surprising, since my favorite recent media stupidity was when an American reporter was covering the Algerian immigrants rioting in Paris, and got into an argument with a French official as to whether they were "African-American" or "black." Reporter kept insisting they were African-American Frenchmen. Official kept trying to explain they were neither African nor American, but French. "But they're black...so they're African-American." "No, no, no. They're not American, they're French!"

this is all i could find when i looked...still funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQE9tToyGw

I completely missed that.

Surprising, since my favorite recent media stupidity was when an American reporter was covering the Algerian immigrants rioting in Paris, and got into an argument with a French official as to whether they were "African-American" or "black." Reporter kept insisting they were African-American Frenchmen. Official kept trying to explain they were neither African nor American, but French. "But they're black...so they're African-American." "No, no, no. They're not American, they're French!"

:doh:

PC run amok.

Either one. A true Christian wouldn't be racist, and a racist would never be a true Christian.

Now that's funny! :D

Not that you're technically wrong I guess, but you know...

No matter what, you can always chalk shortcomings up to the whole "we're all sinners" thing.

Now that's funny! :D

Not that you're technically wrong I guess, but you know...

No matter what, you can always chalk shortcomings up to the whole "we're all sinners" thing.

Why do you find that funny? I mean, everyone here knows you do this to troll the Christians for some odd reason, but you're not exactly gatorman-like stupid. Surely someone who enjoys mocking Christians at the very least understands what he is mocking...no?

Or maybe I overestimate you.

Why do you find that funny? I mean, everyone here knows you do this to troll the Christians for some odd reason, but you're not exactly gatorman-like stupid. Surely someone who enjoys mocking Christians at the very least understands what he is mocking...no?

The funniest thing is he can't figure out why I, as a non-believer, defend Christians.

You've got me all wron this time. I'm actually trolling rednecks this time. This family's religious beliefs are far less ridiculous and interesting than their feeling of supremacy over black people. (or anyone for that matter)

Are you trying to say there are no Christian racists in the world?

The funniest thing is he can't figure out why I, as a non-believer, defend Christians.

I always assume you don't like me, my attitude and/or irreverence. That, or you're just hedging your bets. :)

Are you trying to say there are no Christian racists in the world?

I'm sure there are plenty of racists who claim to be Christians. But there are no true Christians who are also racists.

The reason you are having a hard time with this topic is because you see no difference between a person who is a practicing Christian and a person who claims to be a Christian, but does not live a Christian life. To you, they are one and the same. Which is too bad, because there are times you actually seem smarter than that.

And then...you go full gatorman.

I'm sure there are plenty of racists who claim to be Christians. But there are no true Christians who are also racists.

The reason you are having a hard time with this topic is because you see no difference between a person who is a practicing Christian and a person who claims to be a Christian, but does not live a Christian life. To you, they are one and the same. Which is too bad, because there are times you actually seem smarter than that.

And then...you go full gatorman.

What about fornicators? Gluttons? Drug addicts? Blasphemers? I'll agree they're not very Christ-like, but not "true" Christians? What's the criteria for someone who calls himself a Christian to actually be a Christian in your eyes?

Remember, I'm not the one who made this about religion.

What about fornicators? Gluttons? Drug addicts? Blasphemers? I'll agree they're not very Christ-like, but not "true" Christians? What's the criteria for someone who calls himself a Christian to actually be a Christian in your eyes?

Do fornicators, drug addicts, and blasphemers believe that those acts are Christian? If they do, they aren't Christian. There's a difference between being weak and sinning, and believing your sin isn't one.

Which is, you know, like 2 different major tenets of the Christian faith.

Edited by FireChan

Do fornicators, drug addicts, and blasphemers believe that those acts are Christian? If they do, they aren't Christian. There's a difference between being weak and sinning, and believing your sin isn't one.

Which is, you know, like 2 different major tenets of the Christian faith.

So you can't be a "true" Christian if you hate or crusade against another group of people?

Perhaps we should rename the "no true Scottsman" logical fallacy.

For someone who enjoys mocking Christ and Christians, you sure know very little about the subject. It's like watching gatorman discuss ...pretty much anything.

Fornicators, gluttons, etc, who see their sin as being weak and see themselves in need of redemption are different from those who consider their acts justified because they found a loophole in God's Holy word. These people can take anything out of context to justify their actions, much like those who cite biblical quotes out of context to justify their mockery of Christians.

This is, in part, why faith, hope and love are so crucial to being a Christian, and that those who claim to be Christians but consider themselves above the acts of Christianity are easily identified as non-believers.

For someone who enjoys mocking Christ and Christians, you sure know very little about the subject. It's like watching gatorman discuss ...pretty much anything.

Fornicators, gluttons, etc, who see their sin as being weak and see themselves in need of redemption are different from those who consider their acts justified because they found a loophole in God's Holy word. These people can take anything out of context to justify their actions, much like those who cite biblical quotes out of context to justify their mockery of Christians.

This is, in part, why faith, hope and love are so crucial to being a Christian, and that those who claim to be Christians but consider themselves above the acts of Christianity are easily identified as non-believers.

Don't you hate and often speak out against "Progressives"?