All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

Because they had their lunch money stolen in high school

Exactly.

I love this signing, especially after going back and reading all the PC nonsense around here and everywhere else. Everyone on the high character, clean cut, nice guy train = no playoffs for 15 years.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be able to mitigate the carnage Richie will bring to the team.

Dooomed. Who will stop the carnage ? Richie will take over all of NY.

When Ritchie's guys show up in neighborhoods on the first of the month those envelopes better be full of cash.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'm imagining Incognito and Iupati as our guard tandem. That is an amazing upgrade for a team that wants to run the ball and it gives us flexibility in the draft. Love it!

Now that you bring in a dipsh.t like Incognito, forget about a guy like Iupoti. He probably just scratched Buffalo off the list. This is a dumb move, imo.

As far as the Jonathan Martin story goes, go read the 3,000+ texts that the two exchanged...

If Martin felt bullied, he never, ever, ever came close to expressing that to Incognito.

And yes, he's still a jerk.

Really, that's almost buying him a free pass from many here- they think that's his only question mark and it wasn't bad. They ignore the drugs, the multiple games lost by unneeded personal fouls, his sexual harassment incident, etc....

Guy was run off his college team, the team that drafted him cut him mid year for his antics, we opted not to hold his rights at a bargain basement price, and of course getting run out of Miami.....

As an individual, if we cut him, so be it - no loss. The only potential downside is him around young impressionable lineman. If he's still partying hard, do we want him next to Henderson, for instance.

Edited by NoSaint

Really, that's almost buying him a free pass from many here- they think that's his only question mark and it wasn't bad. They ignore the drugs, the multiple games lost by unneeded personal fouls, his sexual harassment incident, etc....

Guy was run off his college team, the team that drafted him cut him mid year for his antics, we opted not to hold his rights at a bargain basement price, and of course getting run out of Miami.....

The difference is that previously, someone else was there to rescue him. After the Miami incident, he was out of football for a year and likely thought he was blackballed and would never play again. Whether he's learned is anyone's guess, but this will be his last shot, no doubt if he doesn't know it Ryan told him that point blank, and it's up to him now. He won't be getting a lot of money (probably closer to vet minimum) so if he does cause problems, he'll be cut and gone forever.

Sign him, he'll have a bigger chip than normal, he'll be playing with passion this year, our O-line could use the up-grade, sign him under the vet minimum with an incentive laden contract and it would a good deal.

Edited by Shoto

The difference is that previously, someone else was there to rescue him. After the Miami incident, he was out of football for a year and likely thought he was blackballed and would never play again. Whether he's learned is anyone's guess, but this will be his last shot, no doubt if he doesn't know it Ryan told him that point blank, and it's up to him now. He won't be getting a lot of money (probably closer to vet minimum) so if he does cause problems, he'll be cut and gone forever.

Oh, I'm not arguing there's no chance the light came on- simply that we see a lot of "screw Martin" sentiment in discussions around the guy as if it was the only issue with RI. He's got a long resume of trouble everywhere he's been since 18.

Like I said, little downside and maybe he works out. Only risk I'm coming up with while spitballing here is not liking him around Henderson

I'm fine with this signing if he can still play. I'm sure there are a lot worse players in the NFL, criminals, domestic abusers and such, and Incognito is not one of them. It's even unfair to call him a "bully". This isn't middle school where kids are ill-prepared to defend themselves. This was 2 grown men having a disagreement.

Oh, I'm not arguing there's no chance the light came on- simply that we see a lot of "screw Martin" sentiment in discussions around the guy as if it was the only issue with RI. He's got a long resume of trouble everywhere he's been since 18.

Like I said, little downside and maybe he works out. Only risk I'm coming up with while spitballing here is not liking him around Henderson

I think that Martin had a big hand in what happened to him, that he's mentally soft, and RI used it when his play started to suffer. And everyone knows his history now.

I absolutely hated Incognito and was firmly against him in the bullying incident. Not PC, in my book; it was brutish, terrible behavior.

That said, if he has genuinely attempted to change his ways and is remorseful, then the guy has served his time, and I have no issues about giving the guy a second chance.

The interesting issue is what kind of PR risk there is. I think the PR run has died down. But, who knows? And if he slips up once, it could be rough from a PR standpoint.

I think that Martin had a big hand in what happened to him, that he's mentally soft, and RI used it when his play started to suffer. And everyone knows his history now.

I wasn't getting at him bullying Henderson but him having widely reported drug issues and partying in his past and Henderson having his own struggles. If RI has that locked down these days he could be a good influence but if he's the type that is trying to push the young guy into keeping up with the lifestyle it could be trouble.

Like I said, just spitballing here, not losing sleep or big worries

Edited by NoSaint

Now that you bring in a dipsh.t like Incognito, forget about a guy like Iupoti. He probably just scratched Buffalo off the list. This is a dumb move, imo.

Having a guy like Incognito on the roster is not even a consideration for FA. They have played with all kinds of jerks from high school on. They want to get paid and most want a contender.

He still has to earn a spot on the team in camp. Some other team would have brought him in if not us. He's been getting looks.

I wasn't getting at him bullying Henderson but him having widely reported drug issues and partying in his past and Henderson having his own struggles. If RI has that locked down these days he could be a good influence but if he's the type that is trying to push the young guy into keeping up with the lifestyle it could be trouble.

i remember he went to rehab. Not sure of the outcome. Edited by YoloinOhio

Dude is a scumbag. I don't see this as a move to bring a guy in with an "edge." Jerry Hughes plays with an edge. Aaron Williams plays with an edge.

I think our locker room is more than capable of dealing with him, I personally just don't like the move.

meh. The guy would be 285 lb. if he was in shape and he is not a top tier Guard.

He's got lots of pretty flame tattoos on his arms though.

You REALLY hate this guy, ha? (I would have strung all your related comments together in one reply, but it's my first day on this board and it's almost midnight by me and so for the time being didn't know how to do it).

Anyway, if you really hate this guy for just a few questionable words (and some low level belligerence) the US armed forces would love to have your energy to go after some guys who actually do terrible things. You must really get angry when you hear about serious transgressions such as rape, murder, etc. See you at the recruiting station?

Anyway, I actually like RI, as imperfect as he is. As I stated in a previous post, let he who is without sin throw the first stone. I think all of us have made a variety of mistakes - if we're honest. I think RI's a good football player too - Whaley, Ryan, Roman, and Kromer must agree with me or they would not have asked him to come to the team. Tattoos - his personal appearance - really? We have to attack that now?

I understand. Again it all depends on how much RI has changed.

That article linked by fansince88 shows Martin in a worse light IMHO. And RI going from a Pro Bowler in 2012 and playing worse in 2013 can be explained by having to compensate for Martin playing next to him (versus playing RT in 2012).

Edited by Doc