Bills finish 20th in USA Today Power Rankings...

Dopey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the draft order says.

Draft order has us 14th, and that doesn't get teams into the playoffs. There were 16 teams ahead of us in the standings last year, and that's even counting our "win" over the Pats in Week 17. So it really isn't an outrage that the 17th ranked team who just lost their starting QB is ranked 20th in a February poll.

offense regressed 2014 from 2013

He won't listen. don't :wallbash: He'll argue King Orton had more passing yards ergo he's better than EJ.

and the offense regressed 4 places after September in 2014

wait for it ....

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Then why did we average .5 YPC less?

Because no team in the NFL feared the Bills passing game or offensive philosophy and were allowed to stack the box constantly. Orton scared no team, he showed flashes of capability but those were distant memories over the final stretch of the season when Orton was playing for a paycheck rather than to win.

No heart. The guy is dead to me.

The running game was "half as productive"

Then why did we average .5 YPC less?

did you mistype something?

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :doh: :doh: Please stop trolling with this garbage.

Because no team in the NFL feared the Bills passing game or offensive philosophy and were allowed to stack the box constantly. Orton scared no team, he showed flashes of capability but those were distant memories over the final stretch of the season when Orton was playing for a paycheck rather than to win.

^that

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No heart. The guy is dead to me.

Not pretending Ortob is great or even good, but it's not as though teams weren't stacking the box and daring our QB's to pass in 2013. They weren't afraid of Thad and company.

All of this is irrelevant to the fact that the QB who was under center for the Bills first winning record in a decade is no longer on this roster. There is no way to entertain the notion that this does not make us worse next season.

Not pretending Ortob is great or even good, but it's not as though teams weren't stacking the box and daring our QB's to pass in 2013. They weren't afraid of Thad and company.

All of this is irrelevant to the fact that the QB who was under center for the Bills first winning record in a decade is no longer on this roster. There is no way to entertain the notion that this does not make us worse next season.

I'd argue it's addition by subtraction -- plus, adding Rex in the wake of Orton and St. Doug leaving makes this team better, with or without Orton. This team somehow got better despite losing it's starting QB and head coach in the post season shuffle. That's not something that happens everyday, but it happened to our team for once and I'll take it.

did you mistype something?

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :doh: :doh: Please stop trolling with this garbage.

^that

Huh?

I'd argue it's addition by subtraction -- plus, adding Rex in the wake of Orton and St. Doug leaving makes this team better, with or without Orton. This team somehow got better despite losing it's starting QB and head coach in the post season shuffle. That's not something that happens everyday, but it happened to our team for once and I'll take it.

We will see. I can understand both sides.