New England*'s last 10 seasons: hard to win a SB

New England* has pretty much dominated the NFL for the past 10 seasons. Consider, in the past 10 seasons they have posted the following accomplishments:

They have played in the AFC Title Game 6/10 seasons.

They have won 11 or more games 8/10 seasons.

They have gone 12-4 or better 7/10 seasons.

They have made the playoffs 9/10 seasons (they one year they missed they were 11-5)

Their offense has ranked in the top 10 for BOTH points and yards in 8/10 seasons.

They have had one of the top 1-3 QBs in NFL history, AND one of the top coaches in NFL history for that entire span.

They went 16-0 with the #1 offense in NFL history (at the time)

They basically always win, always dominate, and seem unstoppable.

Yet even they only won 1 Super Bowl in that span. When you look at the above, it almost seems like they under performed in the post-season.

Yet I would argue that it illustrates how hard it is to win even ONE (and of course they won 3 before this span). This is why (as much as I LOATHE them) I'm not big on trying to take credit away from the SB winner.

Most of all, I'm struck with just how good you have to be to win titles in the NFL.

QB: GOAT or one of them.

Coach: GOAT or one of them.

12-4 7/10 years.

AFC Title Game 6/10 years.

1 Super Bowl title.

It's not a knock on New England* at all. I think it illustrates how incredibly tough the competition is in the NFL. It also should serve as a reminder that you are not necessarily a "choker" or a "joke" if your team doesn't finish the job.

The Patriots* did it ONCE in this span of total dominance in their conference.

Plenty has to go right to win even a single Lombardi ... nevermind multiples one.

Heck, a missed kick here or there and the Pats could be 1-5 in super bowls. Then again, minus two miraculous and fluky catches by Giants receivers, the Pats are 6-0 in super bowls.

They cheat. DOnt give them too much credit. Who knows where they would be without all the cheating, which has never stopped.

0 super bowl wins in years they were NOT caught cheating.

Dont EVER forget that. The NFL will want you too. They will brush this new scandal under the rug just like the old scandals. They wont admit their league and world champions cheated. But they did. Remember that and remind everyone else at every chance you get.

Edited by peterpan

They cheat. DOnt give them too much credit. Who knows where they would be without all the cheating, which has never stopped.

Dont EVER forget that. The NFL will want you too. They will brush this new scandal under the rug just like the old scandals. They wont admit their league and world champions cheated. But they did. Remember that and remind everyone else at every chance you get.

I don't know... I hate them but I don't see deflated footballs as having much impact, and it didn't win them this SB

Eh. The Falcons tried to gain a competitive edge at their home games - and yet they were below .500 at home.

I don't know... I hate them but I don't see deflated footballs as having much impact, and it didn't win them this SB

No, but it certainly got them there (see BALTIMORE. And HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE)

And for the record, I believe anyone who assumes that deflated footballs is the only way the Pats have been cheating for the last decade plus, is seriously lying to themselves.

For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_microphone

"A laser microphone is a surveillance device that uses a laser beam to detect sound vibrations in a distant object. This technology can be used to eavesdrop with minimal chance of exposure."

Considering the [complete and total cack of] integrity of the Patriots* organization I believe that they do use some kind of technology to lie cheat and steal their way to victory in any and every means necessary.

No, but it certainly got them there (see BALTIMORE. And HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE)

And for the record, I believe anyone who assumes that deflated footballs is the only way the Pats have been cheating for the last decade plus, is seriously lying to themselves.

For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_microphone

"A laser microphone is a surveillance device that uses a laser beam to detect sound vibrations in a distant object. This technology can be used to eavesdrop with minimal chance of exposure."

Considering the [complete and total cack of] integrity of the Patriots* organization I believe that they do use some kind of technology to lie cheat and steal their way to victory in any and every means necessary.

There's be plenty of proof too had the commissioner not burned any bit of evidence that made the *pats look like the dirty cheaters that they most certainly are. 4 titles, all of them tainted.

That's their legacy. Nothing more.

I can't stand them, but they have been crazy good over the last 15 years. I don't think " cheating " is what makes them special. They are simply a very good team with an HOF coach and QB. The amount of wins is mind boggling.

Edited by Jets Hater

I can't stand them, but they have been crazy good over the last 15 years. I don't think " cheating " is what makes them special. They are simply a very good team with an HOF coach and QB. The amount of wins is mind boggling.

The thing is, you can't say that with any degree of certainty. No one can. It seems obvious that the *pats, without cheating, were/are good enough to have won four titles without cheating. They have sure-fire all-time greats at QB and the head coaching positions and, at times, dominating defenses. They probably didn't need to cheat to win.

But they did.

And got caught.

Twice.

So, the thing is, you might be right that cheating isn't the ultimate reason why they've dominated for fifteen years but it doesn't matter. They chose to cheat, they chose to double down on slimy just to be sure they'd win, and now they're going to be remembered for it. As they should. This was their choice, and anyone who says they didn't cheat or didn't need to cheat are, by any definition, incorrect. They cheated. We will never know how many they could have won without doing so.

The thing is, you can't say that with any degree of certainty. No one can. It seems obvious that the *pats, without cheating, were/are good enough to have won four titles without cheating. They have sure-fire all-time greats at QB and the head coaching positions and, at times, dominating defenses. They probably didn't need to cheat to win.

But they did.

And got caught.

Twice.

So, the thing is, you might be right that cheating isn't the ultimate reason why they've dominated for fifteen years but it doesn't matter. They chose to cheat, they chose to double down on slimy just to be sure they'd win, and now they're going to be remembered for it. As they should. This was their choice, and anyone who says they didn't cheat or didn't need to cheat are, by any definition, incorrect. They cheated. We will never know how many they could have won without doing so.

No one knows for sure about the balls yet. We will all look kinda bad if the NFL comes out saying they did nothing wrong. Hopefully, it's not the case.

They would steal the other teams defensive signals and illegally radio them to brady's helmet before the snap and even during the play. ANY QB could be a studd with that info.

And there have been many MANY complaints from other teams about radio issues when playing the Pats**** Both pre and POST Spygate.

Knowing the other teams plays can make a coach look like a Genius and a QB look like a superstar.

No one knows for sure about the balls yet. We will all look kinda bad if the NFL comes out saying they did nothing wrong. Hopefully, it's not the case.

O, the Pats did something wrong alright. Thats why there was a planned STING OPERATION TO CATCH THEM RED HANDED.

Then the miraculous state changes just further confirms it. There are no coincidences like that.

What the NFL will do now is cover it up. Its obvious. They cant admit their champions cheated their way to a championship. Just like they did with spygate they will destroy the evidence and say nothing bad happened. They are already starting to release new reports about the footballs, reports only servicing on NFL Network mind you.

I highly doubt they will come out and say they did nothing wrong. They will likely say something to the effect of "we did a full investigation, and we cannot definitively determine whether the balls were altered" Its hard to prove a negative. Just like in court, not guilty does not equal innocent.

Maybe I'm naïve. With Spygate, they're were facts backing it up.( although the illegal radio thing was never proven ) With the balls thing, it's only reports and speculation. Remember, it all started with Indy being pissed at NE...We'll see.

Bottom line is I think ( I know I'm in the minority ) that they have been for 15 years a solid/great team , cheating or not and that I'm not sure that even the 90's Cowboys or 80's 49ers can compare to what NE has done.It's time for the Bills to compete and kick the crap out of 'em !

Plenty has to go right to win even a single Lombardi ... nevermind multiples one.

Heck, a missed kick here or there and the Pats could be 1-5 in super bowls. Then again, minus two miraculous and fluky catches by Giants receivers, the Pats are 6-0 in super bowls.

And that is why Parcells said perfectly...Your record indicates who you are....And the Patriots have 4 SB in a 13 year span.