[Vague Title]Maybe its just me

dib

Why wasnt the 2nd down pass that was intercepted considered defensive pass interference? There was obvious contact while the ball was in the air

Defender has a right to go to the ball too, and he was in a better position to make that catch. Incidental contact.

The 5 yards is before the ball is in the air...that being said both going for ball and not PI

Actually, I looked this up when Gilmore got called for DPI in the Denver game, and the rule states specifically that NO CONTACT that occurs less than 1 yard past the LOS is considered pass interference.

Since the LOS was the 1-yard line, and the contact occurred at or before the goal-line, it cannot be DPI...and I agree that the contact was incidental anyway.

Actually, I looked this up when Gilmore got called for DPI in the Denver game, and the rule states specifically that NO CONTACT that occurs less than 1 yard past the LOS is considered pass interference.

Since the LOS was the 1-yard line, and the contact occurred at or before the goal-line, it cannot be DPI...and I agree that the contact was incidental anyway.

I did not know that..thank you

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.