No conspiracy but 3rd TD to Amendola clearly illegal

Watch the play. Brady's pass to Amendola.

Edelman and LaFell are both on the line and go on patterns. Amendola on same side a half yard off the line, which is also illegal. But Edelman is not a legal receiver.

I was yelling at the TV when it happened.

http://www.nfl.com/

Brady breaks Montana's TD record is the play.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the play. Brady's pass to Amendola.

Edelman and LaFell are both on the line and go on patterns. Amendola on same side a half yard off the line, which is also illegal. But Edelman is not a legal receiver.

I was yelling at the TV when it happened.

http://www.nfl.com/

Brady breaks Montana's TD record is the play.

I wondered how long it would take a Bills fan to fire up replays to detect uncalled Pats penalty's. Good work, that was fast..

I wondered how long it would take a Bills fan to fire up replays to detect uncalled Pats penalty's. Good work, that was fast..

Actually if you look at the game thread I said it immediately. Look at the play. There is no question it was illegal. And to emphasize that I didn't think there was anything untoward about it, I started the thread with "NO CONSPIRACY"

Actually if you look at the game thread I said it immediately. Look at the play. There is no question it was illegal. And to emphasize that I didn't think there was anything untoward about it, I started the thread with "NO CONSPIRACY"

This must be exhausting...

This must be exhausting...

Nope. Just watching the game and stating facts. I actually think the Pats are inarguably one of the best teams of all time, Bellichick is perhaps the best coach ever, and Brady is one of the 3-4 best ever.

Watch the play and tell me why it was not illegal.

So you think the refs just blew it? I don't see any complaints about the roughing the kicker non call.

Yep. I think they just blew it. look at it. There is no question. The ball is at the 6. Edelman and Lafell are both right on the 6. That's one of the most fundamental things.

If Collinsworth is right, which I never heard before, than it should have been a 15 yarder. I always thought it was only an automatic 15 yarder if the punter didnt have a chance to land, which he did.

Overall I thought the refs did a good job.

Nope. Just watching the game and stating facts. I actually think the Pats are inarguably one of the best teams of all time, Bellichick is perhaps the best coach ever, and Brady is one of the 3-4 best ever.

Watch the play and tell me why it was not illegal.

You can watch every snap and point to a guy who is a bit off the line or too close. Or an uncalled holding. Both teams. Every game all year.

And yeah, why didn't you start a post about the blown roughing the kicker a few hours ago?

You can watch every snap and point to a guy who is a bit off the line or too close. Or an uncalled holding. Both teams. Every game all year.

And yeah, why didn't you start a post about the blown roughing the kicker a few hours ago?

No this is not that kind of thing. They never allow this. They do allow guys too close to the LOS who are supposed to be off. This is two guys on the line on one side of the field. They call it every time.

You were free to start your own.

You're right. My bad. It was the second last one. The one to Amendola. I'll change the title.

Look at the play. It was an illegal formation. Without question. I linked it. Watch it 100 times and 100 times it's illegal.

I looked. I can't tell one way or the other because a) I'm not entirely sure of the rule's specifics, and b) i can't really see the whole field and where everyone is lined up on the far side. It's at best a super ticky-tack call (and again i don't see the foul) and the seahawks weren't fooled by it anyway. It was a phenomenal pass; brady sensed where thomas was really well.