"Tom Brady Cannot Stop"--Interesting NYT Profile

MattM

That's why I said the article is fairly objective--the Pats* fan author talks about both the whining and the cheating. I also found the part about his personal trainer with a Masters degree in Chinese medicine being his best friend interesting.

He whines now and then, but he wins a lot more.

Now and then? He whines when anyone gets within 5 feet of him, or don't you watch the games? Not only does he whine, he talks smack to opposing D's and bullies the refs. As the article itself says, if a random linebacker yacked at the refs half as much as Brady does, he'd get tossed. With hindsight and after hearing Richard Sherman describe Brady's on the field bearing last week, it was even sweeter when Sherman (then really a nobody) came up to him after that game a couple of years ago and gave him some of his own medicine back. Here's to a repeat of that scene tomorrow at around 10 pm.....

Actually, a pretty good article.

I was struck at how great his trainer is. You wonder why a team doesn't hire a guy like that, Pay him a ton of money, and have him implement his unorthodox system--- which seems to really work.

The team even seemed a bit leary of him, almost like an uneasy coexistence or that they didn't trust him. A guy without an MD or anything other than his training in Chinese medicinal arts from an unnamed college in LA (unnamed probably because no one's ever heard of it). Goes to work with lots of players on a team known for welcoming old vets who seem to regain a step when they play for the Pats*, and which team had at least one player get caught using HGH, which since they don't test for you only get caught by being dumb enough (like Rodney Harrison) to order it using your own name and shipping it to your own house. Yet another odd coincidence involving the Pats* where the results sound way too good to be true. Maybe it's on the up and up and Mr. Guerrero really is an unprofessionally trained medical marvel whose methods doctors haven't figured out yet or maybe Tommy Boy and his teammates have found their own personal Dr. Anthony Galea (who treated Tiger Woods and others with "unorthodox" treatments and who in some cases used HGH and other non-legal drugs)?

I must admit that I always found it interesting that we never found out who Dr. Galea was treating in the NFL (although this article said he had at least 3 NFL clients), but here's his timeline of visits for the summer that Tommy Boy was finishing up his recovery from knee surgery:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5198475

Notice that he visited someone in Boston twice that August (3rd and 26th), right when training camp was starting up and again later that month a couple weeks before the first NFL game. Any ever recall seeing a list of Galea's clients? I don't.

This article makes me sad. Sounds like Brady is expecting to play well into his 40's. Hopefully the Pats do as they usually do and cut him right before his skills start declining so he's not our problem anymore. Maybe he can go home and play for the 49ers and we will take Kap