golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

1 minute ago, thebug said:

He hasn’t won !@#$ all in forever so fans use the “ratings” excuse. Good luck to him on winning the ratings! 

What don’t you get? It’s not a “ratings excuse”. The ratings went UP by 40% over last year when he was out. Fans don’t “use” an excuse, they ARE the ratings and therefore the fact. More people watch when he plays.  Oh, and the fact that the ratings surged proves that he DOES win the ratings. I’m not a fanboy, but I can recognize obvious facts. 

Maybe there’s some confusion over what “ratings” means? It’s not better or worse, it’s how many people watch and how much commercial revenue is generated. Tiger brings in more money, whether you like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

What don’t you get? It’s not a “ratings excuse”. The ratings went UP by 40% over last year when he was out. Fans don’t “use” an excuse, they ARE the ratings and therefore the fact. More people watch when he plays.  Oh, and the fact that the ratings surged proves that he DOES win the ratings. I’m not a fanboy, but I can recognize obvious facts. 

Like I said I don’t care about the ratings or how much these guys make. Carry on caring about ratings, it’s up to you. 

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Like I said I don’t care about the ratings or how much these guys make. Carry on caring about ratings, it’s up to you. 

Is he done? He made the cut at the Masters. So.....NO. 

He’s not done at golf, and apparently he’s still very good for the sport of golf. I’m sorry you can’t reach that far from the original question to an important and closely related point. 

Just now, Augie said:

Is he done? He made the cut at the Masters. So.....NO. 

He’s not done at golf, and apparently he’s still very good for the sport of golf. I’m sorry you can’t reach that far from the original question to an important and closely related point. 

I hope the Bills do well in the ratings next year. 

I find him sort of repulsive, but I try not to judge and I try to forgive everyone. He had the fastest recorded swing speed, his back seems to be holding up, experts are saying he looks like a new guy, so is he done? No, I’m not willing to say that. Will he ever be the Tiger of old? No, I seriously doubt that too. But done? If you make the cut at the Masters you’re playing pretty decent golf, and he’s trending up. 

6 minutes ago, thebug said:

Hook, line and sinker fanboy! 

Please expand, why do you hate so intensely? Use your words....

39 minutes ago, thebug said:

No, I just don’t care about ratings. Fans care about winning and last time I checked, this site is a fan site, not a players site. 

Tiger has such a draw that ratings will always be significantly higher if he's in contention on Sunday.  People love a good comeback story and despite not winning a major in eight years he's still only four back of The Golden Bear.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I find him sort of repulsive, but I try not to judge and I try to forgive everyone. He had the fastest recorded swing speed, his back seems to be holding up, experts are saying he looks like a new guy, so is he done? No, I’m not willing to say that. Will he ever be the Tiger of old? No, I seriously doubt that too. But done? If you make the cut at the Masters you’re playing pretty decent golf, and he’s trending up. 

Please expand, why do you hate so intensely? Use your words....

Use your words?  Please. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Tiger has such a draw that ratings will always be significantly higher if he's in contention on Sunday.  People love a good comeback story and despite not winning a major in eight years he's still only four back of The Golden Bear.  

It's still unlikely, but given how he's played this year, can't say it's not possible.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebug said:

Use your words?  Please. 

Little kids just bite when they can’t express frustration. They need to learn to use their words. I’m not sure if you’ve presented ANY rational argument. You just want to whine. He’s NOT DONE based on what we’ve seen recently. Please present your position proving that he is. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Little kids just bite when they can’t express frustration. They need to learn to use their words. I’m not sure if you’ve presented ANY rational argument. You just want to whine. He’s NOT DONE based on what we’ve seen recently. Please present your position proving that he is. 

Show me where I said he was done? Use your words and control your anger. It’s ok if someone disagrees with you. Mommy still loves you. 

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's still unlikely, but given how he's played this year, can't say it's not possible.

Very unlikely given his injury history.  Nicklaus remained relatively healthy throughout his career.  It would be quite the story though.  He doesn't look that much different now than that 21 year old walking up the final hole in '97 up 12 strokes.

During my sports days I met people who could pop every joint back into place in a second.

one reset his kneecap after it slid down to his ankle

Unknotting your hamstring or quad that had rolled up was a more delicate matter

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

During my sports days I met people who could pop every joint back into place in a second.

one reset his kneecap after it slid down to his ankle

Unknotting your hamstring or quad that had rolled up was a more delicate matter

But, on the first time that happens?  Just calmly do it? 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

But, on the first time that happens?  Just calmly do it? 

People lie about something being their first all the time.

They couldn’t pop their Achilles back into place.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...