Goodell State of the NFL press conference

YoloinOhio

Indicated Extra point will be killed or drastically altered

Penalties will be able to be reviewed per approval by comp committee

NFL will be hiring chief medical officer

Concussions down 25 percent over last 3 yrs

Talking about Ted Wells investigation on Brady's balls

"I want to emphasize we've made no judgments and we will not compromise the investigation by engaging in speculation"

He's a meh speaker TBH

Edited by YoloinOhio

I look forward to this opportunity to discuss the state of the league as we look forward to 2015, putting the issues of 2014 behind us once and for all.

we appreciate you taking the time to post on TSW during your press conf

NFL is aggressively exploring a streaming broadcast of a regular season game on the Internet

Goodell says league has already begun restoring public faith in the league and it's investigations with its hires and approach to issues

Reporter from StL asked if NFL will help franchises stay in their markets when there are stadium issues the city can't afford. Rog says: "We want all of our franchises to stay in their current markets"

Expressed concern on playoff expansion because timing would conflict with cfb playoff

Kravitz asked Goodell what his response is to Robert Kraft criticizing the DeflateGate investigation, and whether he will apologize to him as Kraft asked. "My response is 'this is my job. I represent 32 teams. I have to pursue it."

On marshawn's hat - decision on fine will be made after the SB

Said it is part of marshawn's job to talk to the media. It is his obligation. Everyone else is doing their part.

On whether he's considered resigning or getting fired: Goodell said it's been a tough year on the nfl and him personally. Adversity for the nfl and for him. Opportunity to get better. Soul searching and taken action.

Calls 2014 a "year of great progress"

Rachel Nichols asked about the credibility gap on the conflict of interest. Since Kraft pays his salary and the NFL pays ted Wells. Goodell doesn't agree that there is. Said Ted Wells is an excellent outside consultant. Very dismissive of her question; had issue with it.

Asked about whether same standard will apply to bellicheat as Sean Payton. Said they are separate issues. When he gets the facts they will decide what to do.

Asked about Sherman's comment he should be avail to the media every week. He said he is.

Asked if balls are typically tested at halftime of games or if it was only done in the AFC champ game. He said he didn't know (?) and deferred to Ted wells

Edited by YoloinOhio

Vic Carucci asked about timetable for new stadium in bflo. He said terry and Kim have been very focused on the stadium. Loves RWS but said long term they will need a new stadium with the features of the other stadiums to be competive.

asked about Patriot favoritism: "It's not unusual I work closely with ownership, particularly someone like Robert Kraft.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Vic Carucci asked about timetable for new stadium in bflo. He said terry and Kim have been very focused on the stadium. Loves RWS but said long term they will need a new stadium with the features of the other stadiums to be competive.

asked about Patriot favoritism: "It's not unusual I work closely with ownership, particularly someone like Robert Kraft.

supposedly there were dinners held by league, when suspended the AFC champs took it upon themselves to continue having said dinner

Asked if has concern over Tom benson owning the Saints. Said he just talked to him, is one of the more active owners, unfortunate dispute going on with succession. Feels he has complete control over what he is doing with the saints.

"We want the truth" on Brady's balls. If rules were violated will ensure properly penalized.

Deflategate

Howard Eskin, Fox 29 TV: Will you hold Bill Belichick to the same standards in Deflategate as you held Sean Payton to in Bountygate? And why aren’t you available to the media every week, as Richard Sherman suggested?

Bart Hubbuch, New York Post: Richard Sherman suggested that you may show favoritism to some owners, including Robert Kraft. How do you react to that?

Franchise relocation and ownership issues

Vic Carucci, Buffalo News: In light of the new ownership in Buffalo, what’s your perspective on the need for a new stadium?

International expansion

Goodell’s job performance

Rachel Nichols, CNN: A lot of issues have had a conflict of interest. When you hire an outside investigator like Ted Wells, you’re still paying him and Robert Kraft is still paying you. What steps can you take to mitigate some of those conflict of interest issues?

Ken Belson, New York Times: Do you believe you deserve a pay cut for your performance?

NFL’s youth football and Play 60 initiatives

Ticket prices

Media

Mike Garafolo, FOX Sports 1: Marshawn Lynch’s cooperation or lack thereof with the media has become a big story. What’s your take on how he handled the media this week and will he be fined?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/deflategate-and-franchise-relocation-dominate-goodell-press-conference/

Edited by Beerball

what a circus.....i still say goodell is finished.

IDK. The owners pay the man obscene amounts of money so they don't have to do what he did today. He's essentially a flak jacket for 32 very rich men/women who don't like having to explain their morally questionable decision making.