What do you think will happen with Jerry Hughes?

YoloinOhio

Jerry Hughes  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of Jerry Hughes's pending FA?

• Bills will sign Jerry Hughes during FA
    • Hughes will sign with another team in FA
  2. 2. If Hughes is not signed by the Bills, how should he be replaced?

• Signing another FA pass rusher (i.e. JPP, Pernell McPhee, etc)
    • Drafting a pass rusher in 2015
    • With a player currently on the roster (Jarius Wynn, Randell Johnson, etc)

I think teams will discount his accomplishments due to his line mates. His first couple of years in the league are not forgotten. Teams will be wary to invest big numbers in him and Jerry knows in his heart of hearts what has brought him his success. And that is why he should make a fair deal and thank the Bills for making him relevant.

Honest post.

I still have nightmares of what the Saints did to him. That was painful to watch.

GO BILLS!!!

me too. two in a row.

But the argument still is what was the play call. was he supposed to crash.

Yes i still see that when i think of Manny Lawson. just a shame really.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest post.

me too. two in a row.

But the argument still is what was the play call. was he supposed to crash.

Yes i still see that when i think of Manny Lawson. just a shame really.

i was just thinking about that. Scheme issue? I remember it well. Edited by YoloinOhio

Too little; too late. They should be talking today, tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, if needed. If they aren't talking until Thursday, that's two days before he can start talking to other teams. Kiss him goodbye

I have to agree with this. It doesn't make sense, at this point, for Hughes not to explore the market. So part of me says the Bills dropped the ball. This should have been done weeks ago. But then a bigger part of me has a gut feeling the Bills have a plan of attack for free agency that would be hampered by brining Hughes back over a certain amount of money and they're willing to let him walk to keep the plan in motion.

Edited by purple haze

At this point Hughes would be stupid not to test the market...I was really hoping he would be resigned by now but since he hasn't and tag deadline has passed I fully expect him to wait and see what other teams may offer

I have to agree with this. It doesn't make sense, at this point, for Hughes not to explore the market. So part of me says the Bills dropped the ball. This should have been done weeks ago. But then a bigger part of me has a gut feeling the Bills have a plan of attack for free agency that would be hampered by brining Hughes back over a certain amount of money and they're willing to let him walk to keep the plan in motion.

What if Hughes does not want to re-sign yet and become a FA? Probably his 1st and only chance for ridiculous money. Can't blame these guys for doing this . Why are you blaming the Bills?

First off-season with Pegula as owner and we are going to let everyone of our free agents walk. Then we are going to spend a 2nd on a RB in a deep RB draft. This is Whaley's make or break off-season and it is not off to a good start.

I'm okay with all of this, depending on the circumstances and how the holes that creates are filled. Every one of those guys has a good shot of getting a contract worth a lot more than his value to the Bills would justify. If we throw an extra million or three annually above estimated value on to the contracts of every FA we'd like to keep we won't be able to sign core players like Gilmore, Glen, etc. when their time comes.

And if the right RB is available at 50 then so be it. I swear, some of you talk about a mid second rounder like it was a top 10 pick.

What if Hughes does not want to re-sign yet and become a FA? Probably his 1st and only chance for ridiculous money. Can't blame these guys for doing this . Why are you blaming the Bills?

if I'm not mistaken it looks like a lot of ball dropping in the NFL! No teams have signed their FAs yet as far as I'm aware. Fire all the GMs.

It's called FA for a reason. If he signs here,great! If not, I'm sure there is a plan in place. Pass rush and spending money are literally the least of my worries with this team.

I'm okay with all of this, depending on the circumstances and how the holes that creates are filled. Every one of those guys has a good shot of getting a contract worth a lot more than his value to the Bills would justify. If we throw an extra million or three annually above estimated value on to the contracts of every FA we'd like to keep we won't be able to sign core players like Gilmore, Glen, etc. when their time comes.

And if the right RB is available at 50 then so be it. I swear, some of you talk about a mid second rounder like it was a top 10 pick.

As I have said before,it really doesn't matter if you overpay a couple of guys when the QB position is not eating up cap space. Hughes will be considering retirement before the Bills have to worry about the cap. People who keep saying "I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that position/player are clueless. Also a 2nd round pick has a lot of value. Using it on a running back in a deep running back draft is just a backwards way of doing things. Whaley must be nostalgic for the 80's. Whaley is talking a good game but seemingly making the same mistakes his predecessors have made.

if I'm not mistaken it looks like a lot of ball dropping in the NFL! No teams have signed their FAs yet as far as I'm aware. Fire all the GMs.

It's called FA for a reason. If he signs here,great! If not, I'm sure there is a plan in place. Pass rush and spending money are literally the least of my worries with this team.

Yep, nobody can criticize this team without getting the typical homer response, the sarcastic sky is falling post. Fifteen years and if you show any criticism you must be a doom and gloom type and.

I’m not that worried if we lose Hughes.

Rex has shown that he can have an elite defense with lesser players. We still have tons of talent without Hughes and don’t get me wrong, I would love him back but if he wants too much money I think the Bills could be better off using it to address other areas of need in free agency.

I know this may not matter but the way I look at it is we lose Hughes but gain Alonso

CBF

As I have said before,it really doesn't matter if you overpay a couple of guys when the QB position is not eating up cap space. Hughes will be considering retirement before the Bills have to worry about the cap. People who keep saying "I wouldn't spend that kind of money on that position/player are clueless. Also a 2nd round pick has a lot of value. Using it on a running back in a deep running back draft is just a backwards way of doing things. Whaley must be nostalgic for the 80's. Whaley is talking a good game but seemingly making the same mistakes his predecessors have made.

Yep, nobody can criticize this team without getting the typical homer response, the sarcastic sky is falling post. Fifteen years and if you show any criticism you must be a doom and gloom type and.

my QB sky is falling. Is that enough "doomed" for you from me or does my pass rush sky also need to fall in order for you to not label me a sarcastic typical homer?

my QB sky is falling. Is that enough "doomed" for you from me or does my pass rush sky also need to fall in order for you to not label me a sarcastic typical homer?

How many years if missing the playoffs does it take before someone can criticize the GM's approach without having a bunch of people try to discredit that person by painting them as a doom and gloomer,whose opinion shouldn't be taken serious

Sorry but I think it is very questionable that Whaley is qualified for this job. He has done some good things but has already had a couple of high round busts and some very questionable asset management. We could miss the playoffs again this year and a year from now the Homers will be lined up to defend Whaley again and ready to label anyone who rightly questions Whaley's approach as someone who is negative no matter what.

Edited by Proteus

How many years if missing the playoffs does it take before someone can criticize the GM's approach without having a bunch of people try to discredit that person by painting them as a doom and gloomer,whose opinion shouldn't be taken serious

Sorry but I think it is very questionable that Whaley is qualified for this job. He has done some good things but has already had a couple of high round busts and some very questionable asset management. We could miss the playoffs again this year and a year from now the Homers will be lined up to defend Whaley again and ready to label anyone who rightly questions Whaley's approach as someone who is negative no matter what.

seems like you are painting a lot of posters with a broad brush but quoting me while doing it. I've never commented on anything you've said except for the pass rush, for which I do think Whaley has done a fantastic job.

You do know that Whaley has only been GM since 2013, right? You can't criticize Whaley for the GM's approach for the last 15 years

Take the money from Hughes and spend it on the top guard and TE available....I would much rather have that anyway. This defense made Hughes, not the other way around.

This defense made Hughes stuff is pure garbage. It is just a lazy argument that people throw out there without having to say anything substantial to back up their opinion.

You do know that Whaley has only been GM since 2013, right? You can't criticize Whaley for the GM's approach for the last 15 years

Sure you can...all you have to do is completely disregard any semblance of reason and away you go!

This defense made Hughes stuff is pure garbage. It is just a lazy argument that people throw out there without having to say anything substantial to back up their opinion.

Yet I notice that you provide no significant substance that points to the contrary