Jesse James TE, Penn State

#34fan

Maybe it would be better to bring over NE's or Seattle's GM....

It's not the players(aside from Brady). It's the system. NE is consistently there because of the type of plays. BTW, NE borrowed some 2 TE set schemes from none other than Roman run offenses. This is going to be one hell of an interesting year. The Bills will be motioning more presnap and mixing up different kinds of run plays. There will be plenty of play action and plenty of throws to TEs. I also don't think Roman has ever had a WR the caliber of Watkins, so yea, one very interesting year coming up. People don't realize how much of a tactician this guy is. We won't even recognize the offense.

Lot of off-field trouble (bank robberies, murder, train robberies). I think I will pass.

I think you're mistaking him for the outlaw. Jesse's no angel by any means, I mean he cheated on Sandra Bullock and used to be a body guard for Danzig, but man can he make a mean custom chopper. I might take a flier on talent like that.

I think that every pick in this draft should be an offensive guard or quarterback. If we lose spiller then throw a RB in there. totally serious.

I think you're right that it needs to be an all offense draft.,but it needs to still resemble BPA. You wouldn't reach for a guard if there is a TE available. How about 2 guards, 2TE, 2 QBs and a RB?

Maxx Williams and Clive Walford are the difference makers in this draft.

THE difference makers? LOL.

I'm not sure why you know that, but here's my opinion: Walford has TONS of what I call l "playground" talent... It's a natural gift, but a very raw one... You could argue that him and teamate Duke Johnson are easily the two best pure athletes on the field anytime they step on it... Unfortunately, whenever I scout the U, I tend to look a little harder at the product... You see Miami is one of those big southern towns you and I discussed way back when..

While it's NOT exactly considered the Deep South, many kids there struggle with similar isuues as towns like Bimingham and Atlanta... I've spent time in all 3 cities, and young men there have to fight through alot.

Walford actually hails from Belle Glade... An agricultural community with inner-city problems when it comes to drugs, diseases like AIDS, and violence... I've been to Belle Glade, Fla. and I can tell you It's one of the BEST recruiting grounds for D-1 FBS programs...Big, Strong, FAST, kids. -Been that way for decades.

You'll probably say it's unfair, but I'd want to spend more time with Walford... -Meet his Family. Observe him in his natural environment... See if he can he be coached at the NFL level, and eventually turn into a pro... it's hard not to like what you see there, though... If many scouts feel like you do, Walford should be LONG gone off the board by the 32nd pick... Maxx Williams may hang around til the late 2nd.... I think we have a decent shot at Williams, but a better shot at a projected late-rounder like James.

Why do I have a phobia when it comes to Penn State Players?

Yes, why? Have you forgotten Paul Posluszny, Bryan Scott, John Skorupan, Keith Goganious, Booker Moore, Richie Lucas and Scott Radecic?

Maybe with this current coaching staff, we can finally put some investment into this position rather than picking from the scraps and being shocked (SHOCKED!) when these guys don't pass muster when it counts.

Rex wasn't there when the Jets drafted Dustin Keller but he coached him for 3 years so he should look for some production out of the position.

Why do I have a phobia when it comes to Penn State Players?

And how could I forget Shane Conlan?

Yes, why? Have you forgotten Paul Posluszny, Bryan Scott, John Skorupan, Keith Goganious, Booker Moore, Richie Lucas and Scott Radecic?

Rex wasn't there when the Jets drafted Dustin Keller but he coached him for 3 years so he should look for some production out of the position.

And how could I forget Shane Conlan?

You forgot Aaron Maybin.

THE difference makers? LOL.

I'm not sure why you know that, but here's my opinion: Walford has TONS of what I call l "playground" talent... It's a natural gift, but a very raw one... You could argue that him and teamate Duke Johnson are easily the two best pure athletes on the field anytime they step on it... Unfortunately, whenever I scout the U, I tend to look a little harder at the product... You see Miami is one of those big southern towns you and I discussed way back when..

While it's NOT exactly considered the Deep South, many kids there struggle with similar isuues as towns like Bimingham and Atlanta... I've spent time in all 3 cities, and young men there have to fight through alot.

Walford actually hails from Belle Glade... An agricultural community with inner-city problems when it comes to drugs, diseases like AIDS, and violence... I've been to Belle Glade, Fla. and I can tell you It's one of the BEST recruiting grounds for D-1 FBS programs...Big, Strong, FAST, kids. -Been that way for decades.

You'll probably say it's unfair, but I'd want to spend more time with Walford... -Meet his Family. Observe him in his natural environment... See if he can he be coached at the NFL level, and eventually turn into a pro... it's hard not to like what you see there, though... If many scouts feel like you do, Walford should be LONG gone off the board by the 32nd pick... Maxx Williams may hang around til the late 2nd.... I think we have a decent shot at Williams, but a better shot at a projected late-rounder like James.

I am of the opinion that Maxx will be the one long gone because, unlike Walford, he possesses the blocking skill package as well (supposedly). I think Walford will be around for our 2nd round pick, but it will be close especially since he is said to have looked very good during the Senior Bowl practices. Admittedly, I am a "U" fan and may be biased on him, but at the same time that means I watch a lot of "U" games and really, really liked what I saw out of him (and Duke for that matter) and would love them on our squad.

Obviously I don't "know" that they are the difference makers, just taking some literary license with my words.

As far as your assessment of the "Deep South", I think you can make those statements about some neighborhoods in pretty much every inner-city in the country.

Edited by Mark80