Jesse James TE, Penn State

#34fan

By now, most of you have heard of Golden Gopher TE Maxx Williams... a kid I genuinely like... Maxx is fast... A very good route runner.... Fabulous hands.... Physical... Max has that "beastly' aura that can intimidate defenders... He is 100% BALLER

However....

At 6'4" 248lbs Williams, to me, projects as more of a Rangy Wideout... An extremely talented tweener... And while Maxx is by no means "small" for a TE. I was thinking we could go a little bigger.

Enter jesse James TE, PSU

At 6'7" 265lbs this is a beefy kid.... Much faster than you'd expect at his size. I've heard sub 4.6 speed, and while I cannot confirm it, I'm verry happy with his speed in the open field... Jesse has consistently helped out his QB's (McGloin, Hackenburg) over the past three seasons.... Not a whole lot of spectacular moves or circus catches... Just solid, reliable, TE play. Drafting BOTH these kids would be great, but if I had to pick just one, It'd be Jesse. -Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg7nTsBWZNg

I think you have the wrong Jesse ... I think this is the one who might improve team chemistry and provide a real "lift":

http://media.photobucket.com/user/FIlmeNoiNoi/media/jesse-jane-bio.jpg.html?filters[term]=jesse%20jane&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=0

Prototypical body for a number of positions (not sure about a tight end!).

Maybe with this current coaching staff, we can finally put some investment into this position rather than picking from the scraps and being shocked (SHOCKED!) when these guys don't pass muster when it counts. Lee Smith... the only time I ever heard his name was when a holding call on him that was totally unnecessary & away from the play brought back a big gainer. Chandler has been serviceable. But as an outlet / reliable big-man target for the QB, especially if it's EJ, it's critical to upgrade. It's Buffalo, and to complement this power / run Offense, we need a freakin' tank out there at TE. Someone CBs and Ss cannot cover well due to size and LBs can't cover well due to speed who frustrates a defense.

It's been forever since we've had a TE worth more than a bucket of spit.

Some nice catches and runs.but to be fair, they were all good thrown balls in open field or scramble rule throws. Maybe I'm wrong, but he looks more like Chandler than he does Gronkowski

I agree, I thought the same thing when I watched it, though he seems to be a better athlete and a little more explosive than Chandler. Very little blocking on that video, though.

By now, most of you have heard of Golden Gopher TE Maxx Williams... a kid I genuinely like... Maxx is fast... A very good route runner.... Fabulous hands.... Physical... Max has that "beastly' aura that can intimidate defenders... He is 100% BALLER

However....

At 6'4" 248lbs Williams, to me, projects as more of a Rangy Wideout... An extremely talented tweener... And while Maxx is by no means "small" for a TE. I was thinking we could go a little bigger.

Enter jesse James TE, PSU

At 6'7" 265lbs this is a beefy kid.... Much faster than you'd expect at his size. I've heard sub 4.6 speed, and while I cannot confirm it, I'm verry happy with his speed in the open field... Jesse has consistently helped out his QB's (McGloin, Hackenburg) over the past three seasons.... Not a whole lot of spectacular moves or circus catches... Just solid, reliable, TE play. Drafting BOTH these kids would be great, but if I had to pick just one, It'd be Jesse. -Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg7nTsBWZNg

6'7" 265? Maybe fast, maybe not? No spectacular moves?

If only we had a guy like this on the roster!

Why do I have a phobia when it comes to Penn State Players?

LOL, probably for the same reason I fear Stanford QB's... Still, I have my eye on Kevin Hogan in next years draft... part of me believes that if Maybin had been tried at TE, there might have been a different outcome to his career... -But probably not though

6'7" 265? Maybe fast, maybe not? No spectacular moves?

If only we had a guy like this on the roster!

Great... Do nothing... Ignore natural talent, and turn a blind eye to a position that is critical to the success of your offense... Don't do due diligence... Allow what might be a devastating weapon to fall into the hands of a divisional rival... Hell of a strategy you got there. I remember Gronk @ U of A.. He was good, but no one could have ever predicted his game-changing ability at the NFL level.

It doesn't take much for Rex Ryan to lose faith in a young QB... Why not go after the best QB help available? I don't just gawk at stats, and look to fill positions of need... there's something about this kid... Look at how he addresses the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwdec8H23Y

I doubt this guy is better than Chandler.

I want a TE just like everyone else seems to, but if there isn't a guy that projects to be exceptional, forcing the pick doesn't seem to be a good move.

I don't get the feeling that there is an exceptional TE in this draft. And if there is, he won't be there in the 2nd round.

I doubt this guy is better than Chandler.

I want a TE just like everyone else seems to, but if there isn't a guy that projects to be exceptional, forcing the pick doesn't seem to be a good move.

Even if he has a really cool name like Jesse James?

LOL, probably for the same reason I fear Stanford QB's... Still, I have my eye on Kevin Hogan in next years draft... part of me believes that if Maybin had been tried at TE, there might have been a different outcome to his career... -But probably not though

Great... Do nothing... Ignore natural talent, and turn a blind eye to a position that is critical to the success of your offense... Don't do due diligence... Allow what might be a devastating weapon to fall into the hands of a divisional rival... Hell of a strategy you got there. I remember Gronk @ U of A.. He was good, but no one could have ever predicted his game-changing ability at the NFL level.

It doesn't take much for Rex Ryan to lose faith in a young QB... Why not go after the best QB help available? I don't just gawk at stats, and look to fill positions of need... there's something about this kid... Look at how he addresses the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwdec8H23Y

You obviously missed my point--we already have the guy you are describing on the roster. His name is Scott Chandler.

I'm all for change at TE--been saying so for years. But not sure how you from a guy with no spectular moves or speed to a "devestating weapon".

Last I checked, a "position of need" on the Bills didn't include a guy who "addresses the media" well.

Penn State hasn't produced a special NFL TE since Sandusky first started humping prepubescent runaways in Joe Pa's shower.

You obviously missed my point--we already have the guy you are describing on the roster. His name is Scott Chandler.

I'm all for change at TE--been saying so for years. But not sure how you from a guy with no spectular moves or speed to a "devestating weapon".

Last I checked, a "position of need" on the Bills didn't include a guy who "addresses the media" well.

Penn State hasn't produced a special NFL TE since Sandusky first started humping prepubescent runaways in Joe Pa's shower.

:rolleyes:

I never once said he had "no spectacular moves"... And clearly he can tap into breakaway speed at times... What this kid does well is get open in the end-zone and open field... If you're an NFL QB, and you consistenly miss a 6'7" 270lb target wide open under the uprights, there's a chance you shouldn't be playing the position. If your'e an NFL coach, and you can't turn a smart, athletic, hard-working, GIANT to your advantage on offense, you should find another job.

Very easy to look at measurables... Any moron can hold a stopwatch. -Fighting spirit is harder to quantify. Game-changing ability does not necessarily make a game-changer. I wonder how often a person like yourself needs to look at a Seahawk or Patriot roster littered with late rounders and cast-offs before you get it.... Maybe I can help....

Doug Baldwin - UNDRAFTED

LeGarette Blount - UNDRAFTED

Richard Sherman - 5th ROUND

Kam Chancellor - 5th ROUND

Brandon LaFell - 3rd ROUND

Julian Edelman - 7th ROUND

Jermaine Kearse - UNDRAFTED

Danny Amendola - UNDRAFTED

Marshawn Lynch - TRADED (by us) to SEA for a 4th and 5th round pick!

Tom Brady - 6th ROUND

Russell Wilson - 3rd ROUND

We cannot continue to do things the way we've been doing it, and hope to have success. No way.

Edited by #34fan

:rolleyes:

I never once said he had "no spectacular moves"... And clearly he can tap into breakaway speed at times... What this kid does well is get open in the end-zone and open field... If you're an NFL QB, and you consistenly miss a 6'7" 270lb target wide open under the uprights, there's a chance you shouldn't be playing the position. If your'e an NFL coach, and you can't turn a smart, athletic, hard-working, GIANT to your advantage on offense, you should find another job.

Very easy to look at measurables... Any moron can hold a stopwatch. -Fighting spirit is harder to quantify. Game-changing ability does not necessarily make a game-changer. I wonder how often a person like yourself needs to look at a Seahawk or Patriot roster littered with late rounders and cast-offs before you get it.... Maybe I can help....

Doug Baldwin - UNDRAFTED

LeGarette Blount - UNDRAFTED

Richard Sherman - 5th ROUND

Kam Chancellor - 5th ROUND

Brandon LaFell - 3rd ROUND

Julian Edelman - 7th ROUND

Jermaine Kearse - UNDRAFTED

Danny Amendola - UNDRAFTED

Marshawn Lynch - TRADED (by us) to SEA for a 4th and 5th round pick!

Tom Brady - 6th ROUND

Russell Wilson - 3rd ROUND

We cannot continue to do things the way we've been doing it, and hope to have success. No way.

Maybe it would be better to bring over NE's or Seattle's GM....