Millennials are moving to Buffalo

Beerball

Your generation was/is a plague on America. To argue otherwise belies a complete lack of self-awareness that (guess who) only a boomer could possibly show. Ridiculous national debt? Check. Completely pillaged the best economy America's ever seen? Check. Mortgaged the future so they could live in excess in the present? Check. Don't even get me started on Obamacare, a program that your generation overwhelmingly supports because, surprise surprise, you don't have to pay for it. The cost of the ACA rests squarely on the shoulders of my generation because your generation drank and smoked and screwed and ate their way into massively expensive health problems in their 60's and 70's.

Your generation has this ridiculous perception of gratitude. When they were handed the reins, they were the reins to the unparalleled, unquestionable world economic superpower. Now they're handing it off to us, acting like it's the same damn thing. In reality, it's a crumbling has-been. Everyone in the world sees that but them. And they all act like they taught the damn world to sing and we should be grateful for the house with peeled paint and four mortgages they're handing us.

Most of the Boomers I know don't fit the stereotypes I tend to toss around about them, but it's really hard not to look at the size of voting blocs by age and the political changes that came and went over the last 40 years or so. Those changes have pretty clear impacts that obviously benefit those of certain ages when those changes occurred, and don't benefit other groups the same way. The mentality was all about "me me me right now" which is the epitome of spoiled.

No tell us how you really feel. :lol: Let's wait 40 years and assess how much your generation as !@#$ed things up before we start pointing fingers at my generation. But by the looks of your post it appears that your generation is the whiner generation. So tell us what your mighty generation is going to do to fix this mess we "created"

And now, they're collecting Social Security....that WE foot the bill for with ever smaller salaries.

We are??

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tell us how you really feel. :lol: Let's wait 40 years and assess how much your generation as !@#$ed things up before we start pointing fingers at my generation. But by the looks of your post it appears that your generation is the whiner generation. So tell us what your mighty generation is going to do to fix this mess we "created"

We are??

My parents are. And they're boomers.

We are??

Is it telling that you didn't even attempt to refute what he said?

I'll just leave this right here:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/old-economy-steven

How do you refute a rant that blames all the countries woes on less than 20% of the population? You do realize that gen xer's are turning 50 this year.

the ELDEST of us

haha got a while to go till i hit that ILLUSTRIOUS mark.

the ELDEST of us

Edit: my brother in law is hitting 50 this year. I'm buying him an AARP card.

the ELDEST of us

And the youngest of you have been voting for 12 years. Most of the things in Levi's rant hadve to do with liberal policies. Hmmmm, which way do most young people vote? Yeah, it's al our fault.

Oh and when you hit that illustrious mark you and Levi will be blaming the continued woes on the Millennials.

Edited by Chef Jim

And the youngest of you have been voting for 12 years. Most of the things in Levi's rant hadve to do with liberal policies. Hmmmm, which way do most young people vote? Yeah, it's al our fault.

Oh and when you hit that illustrious mark you and Levi will be blaming the continued woes on the Millennials.

How do you refute a rant that blames all the countries woes on less than 20% of the population? You do realize that gen xer's are turning 50 this year.

As already stated, the very VERY oldest X'ers are.

If we're going to be that loose, being of 1984, I could try and squeak into the X'ers, too.

But, by most accounts, I'm a Millenial.

But Millenial technically stretches into the early 2000's. And, Jesus, if you were born in 2002, the year I graduated high school, you came (or are coming up) WILDLY different than me, thanks almost entirely to the mobile/internet age, which is all they've ever known.

Just so's I have this str8...and know who i should blame for all my woes

Boomers born 44-64

Gen X Born 65-84

Millenials Born 84-2000

Digital Native 2000 to Present.

Now , seems like i thought Cat and Joe were arguing boomers are the root cause of all Millennials problems, as their self esteem might get hurt if any of the responsibility for their personal issues would actually fall on them. Cat says that is really Boomers fault, as we boomers brought them up that way! :lol::lol:

Just want to make sure we the parameters right before we start back to arguing

Boomers born 44-64

Gen X Born 65-84

Millenials Born 84-2000

Now , seems like i thought Cat and Joe were arguing boomers are the root cause of all Millennials problems, as their self esteem might get hurt if any of the responsibility for their personal issues would actually fall on them. Cat says that is really Boomers fault, as we boomers brought them up that way! :lol::lol:

If I blame George Bush will this get moved to PPP?

Boomers born 44-64

Gen X Born 65-84

Millenials Born 84-2000

I'm genuinely curious why you think it makes any sense at all that the dads who handed out participation trophies now hate all the kids they have to hire...because they grew up receiving participation trophies.

I'm just zeroing in on that very specific point because the whole notion of a participation trophy has become short hand for millennial bashing, so I'm addressing it head on.

I'm genuinely curious why you think it makes any sense at all that the dads who handed out participation trophies now hate all the kids they have to hire...because they grew up receiving participation trophies.

I'm just zeroing in on that very specific point because the whole notion of a participation trophy has become short hand for millennial bashing, so I'm addressing it head on.

Just to fill you in on something junior I got a participation trophy every year for playing little league baseball over 40 years ago. However when I got it I always thought "why the !@#$ (well probably didn't think the f-word) am I getting this. I/we sucked. :lol:

Oh and yes the people to bash regarding the Millennials are the BB. But don't blame that one on me.

Edited by Chef Jim

Just to fill you in on something junior I got a participation trophy every year for playing little league baseball over 40 years ago. However when I got it I always thought "why the !@#$ (well probably didn't think the f-word) am I getting this. I/we sucked. :lol:

Haha, so why was I led to believe that the participation trophy was born in 1988!?

First, I am just busting stones..more fun on the board that way.

Dads hate kids coming of school today as they have to manage them differently...even generation has hated the one behind it...the old always think the young are going to ruin the world.

Having said that, I have for several years worked with the talent acquisition folks at mostly Fortune 500 companies...and the perception that there are no jobs forcollege graduates, or that folks in early 30's don't have the same chance as us boomers is just pure, unadulterated rubbish.

Where i DO agree with you Cat.. is you and your generation were fed a ton of bull chit growing up...the emphasis on good grades, leading to good college, leading to great job right of school...was a lie. The majority of times, no matter where you graduate school, you still need to get a job at bottom, scrape to buy a decent used car, live 4 to house for a few years after school and work your way up just like we did.Too many millenials expect new car and cool digs to live in instant they graduate.

Now, the massive debt your generation took on as tuition went berserk...i get that makes ya cranky and i don't blame you...and i do blame the parents on that one

But to say no jobs or no opportunity, that is just nuts. Workforce Analytics has exploded in the last 5 years to precisely address the coming talent shortage as the largest part of the boomers are set to hit retirement, and millennials are uniquely situated to move up faster and quicker than any generation in front of them...if they can just quit whining long enough to see that :thumbsup: .

First, I am just busting stones..more fun on the board that way.

Dads hate kids coming of school today as they have to manage them differently...even generation has hated the one behind it...the old always think the young are going to ruin the world.

Having said that, I have for several years worked with the talent acquisition folks at mostly Fortune 500 companies...and the perception that there are no jobs forcollege graduates, or that folks in early 30's don't have the same chance as us boomers is just pure, unadulterated rubbish.

Where i DO agree with you Cat.. is you and your generation were fed a ton of bull chit growing up...the emphasis on good grades, leading to good college, leading to great job right of school...was a lie. The majority of times, no matter where you graduate school, you still need to get a job at bottom, scrape to buy a decent used car, live 4 to house for a few years after school and work your way up just like we did.Too many millenials expect new car and cool digs to live in instant they graduate.

Now, the massive debt your generation took on as tuition went berserk...i get that makes ya cranky and i don't blame you...and i do blame the parents on that one

But to say no jobs or no opportunity, that is just nuts. Workforce Analytics has exploded in the last 5 years to precisely address the coming talent shortage as the largest part of the boomers are set to hit retirement, and millennials are uniquely situated to move up faster and quicker than any generation in front of them...if they can just quit whining long enough to see that :thumbsup: .

Oh, I've never complained about job shortages.

But wage stagnation and crippling student debt, these are definitely crushing people my age.

I don't care how much money people make, and I don't to turn this into an income inequality debate, but I did think this was a pretty cool illustration:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/01/22/377470959/how-much-more-or-less-would-you-make-if-we-rolled-back-inequality?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150122

To your point: I think it's becoming more and more clear that the next bubble to burst will be the higher ed bubble. Is it safe to say that colleges may soon start to go out of business? It's just not worth the debt anymore, and it's only getting worse.

Oh, I've never complained about job shortages.

But wage stagnation and crippling student debt, these are definitely crushing people my age.

I don't care how much money people make, and I don't to turn this into an income inequality debate, but I did think this was a pretty cool illustration:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/01/22/377470959/how-much-more-or-less-would-you-make-if-we-rolled-back-inequality?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150122

To your point: I think it's becoming more and more clear that the next bubble to burst will be the higher ed bubble. Is it safe to say that colleges may soon start to go out of business? It's just not worth the debt anymore, and it's only getting worse.

Well actually the next bubble to burst is going to be the student loan debt. That will crush the housing market too. Try to get a loan when you're carrying $250k in student loans.

But fear not your BB parents will bail you out......again. :D

Edited by Chef Jim