Millennials are moving to Buffalo

Beerball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and a lot of them seem to be of the creative type so they tend to make the places look newer and more appealing...as much as i "hate" hipsters(i really don't), they certainly seem to be able to revive dying and rundown areas

probably b.c they are cheap places to live.

I'm a millenial.

The only generation more insufferable than us? The one that raised us. Way to be, Boomers.

Sorry X'ers. You're sandwiched between some real gems.

just like a millennial to be ungrateful for the VERY PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE for their existence.

And to think they have the sack to say...Mommy and Daddy didnt raise right, thats why we are insufferable and spoiled, and cant change :thumbsup: Thats why we don't pay right bill when the grocery does not charge us correctly...cause we spoliled :nana:

Oh yay, BTW, thanks Mom and Dad for the tution money and down payment on the house...that was not insufferable.. :lol:

BTW, Rock polo reunion this summer, Lynn putting the whole thing together..

just like a millennial to be ungrateful for the VERY PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE for their existence.

And to think they have the sack to say...Mommy and Daddy didnt raise right, thats why we are insufferable and spoiled, and cant change :thumbsup: Thats why we don't pay right bill when the grocery does not charge us correctly...cause we spoliled :nana:

Oh yay, BTW, thanks Mom and Dad for the tution money and down payment on the house...that was not insufferable.. :lol:

BTW, Rock polo reunion this summer, Lynn putting the whole thing together..

Well, you know, despising young workers because we grew up getting participation trophies from the same people now deriding the act...it's, uh, I guess what you'd call...hypocrisy?

You don't need to tell me.

Yeah, except the little monsters you've been raising are all allergic to gluten.

So thanks for that. :nana:

I've been trying to get a job in Buffalo for 3 years. Anyone need a young whipper snapper with a shiny new masters degree to work for them?

Not BFLO becasue there really is no industry there anymore. But... South of Chicago, kinda just like BFLO but much, much bigger and really, really close to being what BFLO was... If that is even possible now.

If you are looking for real nostalgia. :D

Millenials really don't like to labor though. :nana: Can you do this, these are all Xers, then you got a job making very decent money. This is what my BA got me... LoL:

Use a magnesium cutting torch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWgge13QM0

post-1877-0-76032400-1422588381_thumb.jpg

Shoveling sh*t in "The Pit of Despair" :lol:

post-1877-0-81957300-1422588352_thumb.jpg

:nana:

Love it when a boomer tries to tell me that I'm spoiled :lol:

Let me guess... You can't be "managed."

They got a book about guys like you! You're going to have to wait until Chef returns it back at the library.

:nana::lol:

Let me guess... You can't be "managed."

They got a book about guys like you! You're going to have to wait until Chef returns it back at the library.

:nana::lol:

:lol: Hey, I do my job, and I do it well. And I do what my boss says to do. Spent a summer shoveling rocks a few years ago. Least fun job I had but got a great reference from my supervisor :D

Well, you know, despising young workers because we grew up getting participation trophies from the same people now deriding the act...it's, uh, I guess what you'd call...hypocrisy?

Yeah, except the little monsters you've been raising are all allergic to gluten.

So thanks for that. :nana:

HA

My kid's being raised to be self-reliant, and tough, and sure as !@#$ isn't allergic to gluten.

I may be an X-er but I raise my child in the old school.

So you're saying us baby boomers are spoiled? We were raised by people who grew up during the depression. We are anything but spoiled.

Your generation was/is a plague on America. To argue otherwise belies a complete lack of self-awareness that (guess who) only a boomer could possibly show. Ridiculous national debt? Check. Completely pillaged the best economy America's ever seen? Check. Mortgaged the future so they could live in excess in the present? Check. Don't even get me started on Obamacare, a program that your generation overwhelmingly supports because, surprise surprise, you don't have to pay for it. The cost of the ACA rests squarely on the shoulders of my generation because your generation drank and smoked and screwed and ate their way into massively expensive health problems in their 60's and 70's.

Your generation has this ridiculous perception of gratitude. When they were handed the reins, they were the reins to the unparalleled, unquestionable world economic superpower. Now they're handing it off to us, acting like it's the same damn thing. In reality, it's a crumbling has-been. Everyone in the world sees that but them. And they all act like they taught the damn world to sing and we should be grateful for the house with peeled paint and four mortgages they're handing us.

Most of the Boomers I know don't fit the stereotypes I tend to toss around about them, but it's really hard not to look at the size of voting blocs by age and the political changes that came and went over the last 40 years or so. Those changes have pretty clear impacts that obviously benefit those of certain ages when those changes occurred, and don't benefit other groups the same way. The mentality was all about "me me me right now" which is the epitome of spoiled.

Your generation was/is a plague on America. To argue otherwise belies a complete lack of self-awareness that (guess who) only a boomer could possibly show. Ridiculous national debt? Check. Completely pillaged the best economy America's ever seen? Check. Mortgaged the future so they could live in excess in the present? Check. Don't even get me started on Obamacare, a program that your generation overwhelmingly supports because, surprise surprise, you don't have to pay for it. The cost of the ACA rests squarely on the shoulders of my generation because your generation drank and smoked and screwed and ate their way into massively expensive health problems in their 60's and 70's.

Your generation has this ridiculous perception of gratitude. When they were handed the reins, they were the reins to the unparalleled, unquestionable world economic superpower. Now they're handing it off to us, acting like it's the same damn thing. In reality, it's a crumbling has-been. Everyone in the world sees that but them. And they all act like they taught the damn world to sing and we should be grateful for the house with peeled paint and four mortgages they're handing us.

Most of the Boomers I know don't fit the stereotypes I tend to toss around about them, but it's really hard not to look at the size of voting blocs by age and the political changes that came and went over the last 40 years or so. Those changes have pretty clear impacts that obviously benefit those of certain ages when those changes occurred, and don't benefit other groups the same way. The mentality was all about "me me me right now" which is the epitome of spoiled.

And now, they're collecting Social Security....that WE foot the bill for with ever smaller salaries.