I hate Marshawn Lynch

I would think that Hipaa laws would come into play?

i dont see how it would be wildly different than prescribed medicines being excused from testing..... though while typing i realize this would be incredibly public, while that is much more private. would be interesting if someone more versed in the topic (any of our drs or lawyers around) chimed in.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly have a lot more respect for him than I do Lynch. Lynch is just.... dumb. I thought that even back when he was with the Bills because of his interviews.

So he is not the brightest bulb on the string of lights. He should be crucified for that? Maybe that is one reason he hates to do interviews. He knows people will call him dumb and ridicule him. Is lack of intelligence a crime? If he is forced to speak to the press I'd rather see him say virtually nothing rather than lie his arse off like Tom Brady.

^He's being crucified for his attitude, not his intelligence.

On another note, I'd be fine if the NFL had a general "Player interaction" rule where they could fulfill their obligation to the fans any way they wanted, whether it be through interviews, social media, in-person appearances at charities and other events, etc.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

i dont see how it would be wildly different than prescribed medicines being excused from testing..... though while typing i realize this would be incredibly public, while that is much more private. would be interesting if someone more versed in the topic (any of our drs or lawyers around) chimed in.

The implication seems to be that if he had a "doctor's note" describing some diagnosis as an excuse to explain his behavior, he would be the one making the note/diagnosis public, so no violation.

Sorry if this has been covered but I don't want to take the time to go through 12 pages: I just think it is ridiculous that the players should be forced to do interviews like the dumbass press is entitled to anything. Players get paid to play, not talk to dipshyt reporters who generally ask stupid questions and only look to create controversies. If you are going to force players to talk to anyone you should require them to do charity work like visiting local childrens hospitals, or Boys and Girls Clubs, or things like that. Screw the media.

They are paid to play and to talk to reporters. It's in their contracts

What? Do people really think the Seahawks are mad he doesn't want to talk to the media? What are they going to cut him before the Super Bowl or something? Because he didn't thoughtfully answer "What planet would you like to live on?"

Actually, the guy is a leader and highly liked in his locker room. In fact, his kiss-off routine to the NFL could be said to be brilliant. It plants an "Us versus The World" mindset with his team. Something that they have a chance to ride to a second straight championship in the era of one-in-a-rows.

^He's being crucified for his attitude, not his intelligence.

And yet you found it necessary to call him dumb. His attitude is likely a result of being forced to do something that he feels completely uncomfortable doing and perhaps is incapable of doing. Meanwhile Bellicheat really cops the same attitude and gets away without penalty.

Lynch's plan is to make it so that no one wants to interview him.

The press isn't bright enough to figure this out. They are happy to look silly while relentlessly asking him serious questions. It's truly bizarre behavior on their part. It's like he's puching them in the face afer each question, yet they still ask away, unbothered and oblivious.

Edited by Mr. WEO

And yet you found it necessary to call him dumb. His attitude is likely a result of being forced to do something that he feels completely uncomfortable doing and perhaps is incapable of doing. Meanwhile Bellicheat really cops the same attitude and gets away without penalty.

I've been calling him dumb long before this whole media circus started(and before he was a Seahawk) so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

People are required to do uncomfortable things for their job all the time. Do you know how many people with stage fright have to give presentations in front of groups? They do it because it's their job. Marshawn Lynch's job is to play football and talk to the media about it.

I've been calling him dumb long before this whole media circus started(and before he was a Seahawk) so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

People are required to do uncomfortable things for their job all the time. Do you know how many people with stage fright have to give presentations in front of groups? They do it because it's their job. Marshawn Lynch's job is to play football and talk to the media about it.

What are you missing? He is talking to the media, just as his masters have ordered. Maybe he's not tap dancing fast enough for your liking?

They are paid to play and to talk to reporters. It's in their contracts

I know it's in their contracts, that's why they are forced to do the interviews. My point is, however, whatever is in their contracts they are getting paid to perform on the field. Johnny Glib may be great in post-game press conferences, but if he is a crappy player he (a) won't be asked to show up at any press conferences, and (b) won't be on the team very long. It is a stupid requirement of the standard contract, and the main reason the press is up in arms is because they are insufferable d-bags with an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Generally people with stage fright who are forced to do presentations don't do a great job. Moreover, they aren't fined for doing a crappy job at it and generally, however, most employers don't force people with severe stage fright, or who cop a bad attitude while talking to the press end up not having to go in front of audiences because it simply doesn't make sense. Most employers have PR departments to handle that.

Generally people with stage fright who are forced to do presentations don't do a great job. Moreover, they aren't fined for doing a crappy job at it and generally, however, most employers don't force people with severe stage fright, or who cop a bad attitude while talking to the press end up not having to go in front of audiences because it simply doesn't make sense. Most employers have PR departments to handle that.

The guy made a guest appearance on The League. How bad can his "stage fright" be?

The guy made a guest appearance on The League. How bad can his "stage fright" be?

That's an entirely different scenario. Speaking to a group of hundreds isn't the same as joking around with a small crew and a camera that isn't obtrusive. Though, because you said that it reminded me of this story about Marshawn's appearance on the show:

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Beast-Mode-has-some-fun-with-The-League-32863201

What are you missing? He is talking to the media, just as his masters have ordered. Maybe he's not tap dancing fast enough for your liking?

I'm missing the oblivious mentality that repeating the same phrase over and over fulfils his obligation just because it skirts the letter of the rule. Let's do whatever we can to skirt the rules just because we're technically not breaking them. That's how jackasses think.

Maybe it's just me, but most companies that I have worked for would prefer a professional and courteous employee that follows protocol in addition to being a productive money maker. They value results and professionalism but if they are forced to choose, they will choose the revenue production obviously. Not all great players or salesmen are obnoxious jackasses about the ancillary responsibilities that come with their main responsibility.

( I have no "work enemy" in mind, but I have certainly witnessed hot shot salesmen that felt they were above the rules of the company as most people in a sales environment would encounter at some point)

Plenty of great players have no problem conducting the interviews and staying out of trouble. And you obviously failed to understand the analogy of a salesman missing meetings and disregarding paperwork to Lynch refusing to conduct proper interviews and follow NFL regulations. Lynch refuses to toe the line and be a good all around employee and only gets away with it because he is a great producer. I am not naïve to the fact that on field production trumps everything in the NFL.

I work for a wholesaler that hires talented sales people. Home Depot try to buy our company, when they did they tried to apply their process to it. The company ended up losing money and they turned around and resold us. Whenever they hire talent again instead of caring about the process, IT company became successful again. It depends on how you run your business. Are you looking for quality or you looking for your process to be met. If you want process go to McDonalds. It's a Perfect example of how your process can be successful.

in a market hungry for talent, talent trumps paperwork

The implication seems to be that if he had a "doctor's note" describing some diagnosis as an excuse to explain his behavior, he would be the one making the note/diagnosis public, so no violation.

That was my impression but wasn't sure if it being a public requirement might effect employer obligations somehow. Especially being so far removed from his basic job duties of running a football (ie might you end up with the nflpa being able to challenge the requirement for all players if a couple of the guys wanted to stand up)

I'm missing the oblivious mentality that repeating the same phrase over and over fulfils his obligation just because it skirts the letter of the rule. Let's do whatever we can to skirt the rules just because we're technically not breaking them. That's how jackasses think.

Bleep Bleep goes the sheep! Follow all the rules! Four legs good, two legs better!

Good gravy, watching you and BB minge about Marshawn like he stole $20 from each of you is hilarious and transparent. I didn't even know the league sold stuffed Goodell dolls for you two to snuggle with at night.

But of course, this is a BB thread. His ability to create such awful ones mirrors his ability to evaluate football talent.

Never forget: Skelton for Mario.