New Bills coordinators met with media 1/27

YoloinOhio

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they realize that even if we sign a vet QB, it won't be a top 10 QB. Success in the passing game will most likely be a result of the opponent fearing the run game. I think they know it is a passing league to beat the big boys, but not much they can do about that if they don't have the type of QBs the big boys have that allows the opponent to fear the passing game.

Well said. No point in forcing a passing game when the QB is such a question mark.

May i say? in regard to my feelings here, that Bills have crossed the threshold in the coaching dept. it almost seemed like there are proper overlaps . i would expect that a hierarchy is in place and a clear structure . Bills are spending on coaches imo. Thats one thing Pegula et al, can affect.

But i might guess that a winning culture is coming.

may i again refer to my signature thingie. btw I am. A patient man.

in closing

I am very enthusiastic with what is developing here in Buffalo Bills world..

Coaching is everything these days.

eveil question of the Day.

Did Marrone build a foundation for winning culture here? I dont care to discuss how he left. Schwartz definitely built a team that believed in itself.

May i say? in regard to my feelings here, that Bills have crossed the threshold in the coaching dept. it almost seemed like there are proper overlaps . i would expect that a hierarchy is in place and a clear structure . Bills are spending on coaches imo. Thats one thing Pegula et al, can affect.

But i might guess that a winning culture is coming.

may i again refer to my signature thingie. btw I am. A patient man.

in closing

I am very enthusiastic with what is developing here in Buffalo Bills world..

Coaching is everything these days.

eveil question of the Day.

Did Marrone build a foundation for winning culture here? I dont care to discuss how he left. Schwartz definitely built a team that believed in itself.

i think the previous staff did make strides with the culture. I think this team believes in its talent, and that it can beat anyone. Edited by YoloinOhio

Well thats one hell an assumption and where do I sign.

The Bills are going to look different on both sides of the ball as far alignments and play calling. I am looking forward to Rex's Bills.

and i cant hardly believe i am saying Ryan's Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Or any Marketing guy in America.

Or I can just listen to these changing talking heads in Bills gear every 1 or 2 years saying the things they are supposed to say in January and February and then repeat them in written form?

I get that a lot of people like the press conferences, even I watched the videos of them last night, but they do not tell you anything and in all honesty I'm not sure I would want them to. The test will be what do they put on the field. They both have decent pedigree, let's hope it translates.

guess I'm not up to speed on the lingo.

As opposed to opting out. Seriously, someone needs to get that to Brandon. "Opt in on the Buffalo Bills" has to be marketing gold when season tix go on sale!

Or I can just listen to these changing talking heads in Bills gear every 1 or 2 years saying the things they are supposed to say in January and February and then repeat them in written form?

I get that a lot of people like the press conferences, even I watched the videos of them last night, but they do not tell you anything and in all honesty I'm not sure I would want them to. The test will be what do they put on the field. They both have decent pedigree, let's hope it translates.

These guys have been around for a couple of weeks of off-season. Even if they would normally give all sorts of great insight (they wouldn't), they don't even have that ability right now.

These guys have been around for a couple of weeks of off-season. Even if they would normally give all sorts of great insight (they wouldn't), they don't even have that ability right now.

Correct. That is part of my point. It's why these press conferences actually add little value.

Correct. That is part of my point. It's why these press conferences actually add little value.

I thought that press conference and subsequent interview with CB gave me a lot of insight into Roman that I really didn't know before. Usually they don't, but especially the first one can give you an indication of what you're dealing with.

He's extremely confident in himself and his abilities to the point of being arrogant, and probably why he and Rex like each other.

He has no reverence for the media and will challenge if not laugh at them and tell them they are wrong, which I liked.

He said he had complete autonomy in SF which I didn't know or think before.

We are very, very likely to get a new starting TE which was only a hope before.

He doesn't really seem to care what kind of player he has, like a running QB or pocket QB.

I think he wants CJ but not sure about that.

That was just off the top of my head. I think there were a few more things I gleaned from that press conference.

I thought that press conference and subsequent interview with CB gave me a lot of insight into Roman that I really didn't know before. Usually they don't, but especially the first one can give you an indication of what you're dealing with.

He's extremely confident in himself and his abilities to the point of being arrogant, and probably why he and Rex like each other.

He has no reverence for the media and will challenge if not laugh at them and tell them they are wrong, which I liked.

He said he had complete autonomy in SF which I didn't know or think before.

We are very, very likely to get a new starting TE which was only a hope before.

He doesn't really seem to care what kind of player he has, like a running QB or pocket QB.

I think he wants CJ but not sure about that.

That was just off the top of my head. I think there were a few more things I gleaned from that press conference.

I agree with your points. I also think there's a very confident team of high quality coaches/coordinators on board now - much more so than in recent memory. Levy and Wade were unconsciously confidently competent. Rex is all of that and his two coordinators have that in spades as well. This ain't their first rodeo and they know how the job is done and what needs to be done to produce a winner.

It's a new era on the Niagara Frontier. The owner is foursquare behind building a first class organization with a stated goal of winning championships. That's a huge change, and it's brought in a better class of talent in coaches and coordinators, and there's every reason to believe he'll allow Whaley to do his thing in acquiring the few missing pieces that remain to make their dream a reality.

Go Bills!

I agree with your points. I also think there's a very confident team of high quality coaches/coordinators on board now - much more so than in recent memory. Levy and Wade were unconsciously confidently competent. Rex is all of that and his two coordinators have that in spades as well. This ain't their first rodeo and they know how the job is done and what needs to be done to produce a winner.

It's a new era on the Niagara Frontier. The owner is foursquare behind building a first class organization with a stated goal of winning championships. That's a huge change, and it's brought in a better class of talent in coaches and coordinators, and there's every reason to believe he'll allow Whaley to do his thing in acquiring the few missing pieces that remain to make their dream a reality.

Go Bills!

I was hoping for a lot from the ownership change and a lot has happened already. Can't say that I'm really disappointed in anything they have done yet.

I was hoping for a lot from the ownership change and a lot has happened already. Can't say that I'm really disappointed in anything they have done yet.

...or in anything that's been "done" to them (Dougie's opt out).