New Bills coordinators met with media 1/27

YoloinOhio

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If either of these coaches do what they say they are going to do, and what they have proven they can do consistently in the NFL - field a top defense and a dominant running game - that's already one more thing than we were able to do last year and we were one game away from the playoffs. We have the #2 ST unit In the league. They will bring in another QB to fit this offense. Lots of cap space to fill holes/upgrade positions. Rex and Roman have together been to 5 conference champ games in the last 5 years. Rex knows our division. We aren't far away.

@TBNSports: What They Said: Transcript of Rex Ryan + #Bills coordinators Thurman & Roman http://t.co/jopDigZyN8@jmccoyphoto http://t.co/ct4dVazQQ3

Edited by YoloinOhio

I love roman's comments on EJ and Tuel. He basically said that they are human beings and they exist.

Q: What is your take on the quarterback position?

A: Weve been evaluating really the entire roster and EJ (Manuel) and Jeff (Tuel) are two guys on the roster. I think weve got some film on both of them and were going through it. I think both of them possess skills to play the position. I think projecting this or thinking that, I think were really just going to focus on rolling the balls out on the field and getting our hands on them and working with them and going from there. Everything else really at this point is water cooler talk.

I love roman's comments on EJ and Tuel. He basically said that they are human beings and they exist.

A: Weve been evaluating really the entire roster and EJ (Manuel) and Jeff (Tuel) are two guys on the roster. I think weve got some film on both of them and were going through it. I think both of them possess skills to play the position. I think projecting this or thinking that, I think were really just going to focus on rolling the balls out on the field and getting our hands on them and working with them and going from there. Everything else really at this point is water cooler talk.

"They are on the roster. Listed next to their names is "QB." Therefore, they likely possess "skills" that loosely transfer to the position of QB."

hey at least he was honest, which is what we always want to hear

I also think the team motto for 2015 should be:

Opt In

guess I'm not up to speed on the lingo.

Resounding endorsement. Get ready for 3 yards and a cloud of dust, boys!

Good list of questions John, but I can already give you the answers.

- Do you feel Sammy Watkins was underutilized last year?

"I wasn't here last year so I can't speak to that, all I can tell you is we are going to look at every way to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers and Sammy Watkins is an outstanding playmaker. We are excited to have him."

- Do you feel that running a dive on 1st down is critical to drive success?

"I think you have to be balanced. That is what every team is striving for - balance. We will try to mix it up and not be predictable but we are going to run the football."

- What is your opinions on OT's moving to OG....is that a good thing or a bad thing (Kujo)

"I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. We are going to look at the guys on the roster on the o-line and evaluate what we have and go from there. I looked at Koundjio coming out and I thought he had some strengths and we are excited to see how he comes along."

- How vital are TE's gong to be in this offense

"We are going to try and fit the offense to the strengths of the guys we have. If we have a guy at tight end who is making plays for us then we are going to get him the ball often."

- Do you feel we have a true NT on the team if we are going to run 3-4

"I think we have some terrific players ont he defensive line. We are going to look at them and evaluate their stengths and fit our scheme to the talent that we have."

- Do you feel that our secondary is better suited to play press coverage........is that a important factor in your defense

"We are not going to just do one thing on defense, we will make sure we are able to play some press and some zone and put our guys in the best situations to make a play."

- What is the plan now for Kiko Alonzo as he was out all year and now comes back to yet another DC

"The first thing is making sure Kiko is ready to go physically. If he is we are excited to have him back he is an explosive player who makes plays."

- Spikes?

We are still in the evluation phase and part of that is looking at our guys that are free agents and seein which ones we need to try and bring back."

- What will Hughes role be in this D? Do you feel he is a every down player in this D?

"Jerry Hughes is an outstanding football player. Clearly he has the option to explore free agency if he chooses but we want him back here, and if he is we will put him in positions to make plays."

- When we hear that "competition" will be brought in at QB......exactly what TYPE of competition? Former QB starter, trade for a starter, draft?

"We are not going to tie ourselves to a specific type of guy. I think as Rex and Doug have said we are going to leave no stone unturned."

Outstanding!