Cheney: I will not run

JoeF

Cheney wants to fish

Cheney makes it as official as you can 4 years out from an election year....no big surprise...

I worked as a DoD beltway bandit (helping coordinate our security support to the Spanish National Police for the Barcelona Olympics) in the early 90's. I had some interface with the Secretary's office and worked with him planning a couple of events. I found him to be a kind and decent man--respected and loved by his staff. Not afraid to fight vehemently for his beliefs but always with an intense love of country and a willingness to listen, even to my more liberal views during our briefing meetings.

Cheney wants to fish

Cheney makes it as official as you can 4 years out from an election year....no big surprise...

I worked as a DoD beltway bandit (helping coordinate our security support to the Spanish National Police for the Barcelona Olympics) in the early 90's.  I had some interface with the Secretary's office and worked with him planning a couple of  events.  I found him to be a kind and decent man--respected and loved by his staff.  Not afraid to fight vehemently for his beliefs but always with an intense love of country and a willingness to listen, even to my more liberal views during our briefing meetings.

229977[/snapback]

You mean he's not some diobolical "Dr. Evil" planning our demise? Shocker.

In our very brief meetings and then in a conversation we had at a celebration welcoming the military athletes back from the 92 summer games--he reminded me of my dad. Great sense of humor, affable, but decisive and tough.

When I think about 12 years ago, I judge the man by the couple of times I heard him talk about his kids.....This is a man who doesn't really need any of the stress, power or glory of his current job--I think he is doing it for true love of country.

I am more anti-administration than pro, but I will always respect the Vice President.....and him being portrayed as he is most times in the media, doesn't mesh with what I viewed.

No Dr. Evil or puppet strings that I saw--but then again I wasn't looking for them. His executive assistant at the time could have qualified as mini-me though--she was a few inches short of 5' if I recall....gave me an ego boost to "tower" over someone