FLASHBACK: Steve Tasker 1993 Pro Bowl MVP

HOUSE

No doubt, a special team player wins the MVP???

The funny thing is this is the ONLY way I remember Tasker all these years later.

I mean, it seems to me like he did this much stuff in almost every game! I know that's not true, but he was a freaking one man highlight reel, and OFTEN made multiple enormously important/game-changing plays in a single game.

He should go into the HOF not because he was a great caliber player, but the BEST player at his position IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME.

How do you keep that guy out of the Hall?

I saw that earlier and thought about posting it.

He's also the subject of an NFL Films short feature. I saw it once on DVD and kick myself for not buying it.

IMHO he does belong in the HOF. Any player that has the rules of the game changed as a result of his play deserves serious consideration, in my view.

My God, he belongs in the H.O.F.!

I just had a thought: if you could go back in time and grab a handful of the Superbowl Bills for our current team, sure, you'd take Jim Kelly first.

But even on a really short list, Tasker's name would have to appear. He was enormously important to the outcome of a lot of football games.

Yeah, because he was the only guy that was trying, everyone else couldn't give a crap. IT's an exhibition game.

He is not worthy of the HOF

Nope, I am not buying any of that. How about all the regular, playoff and Superbowl games ?

Edited by HOUSE

If he had done this in one of the Super Bowls instead of the Pro Bowl, he would probably make it further on the ballots.

Oh but he did. Leon Lett. Only the Bills could have their season highlight center on the circumstances of a Super Bowl blowout hustle play by a special team genius. Fitting actually.

Yeah, because he was the only guy that was trying, everyone else couldn't give a crap. IT's an exhibition game.

He is not worthy of the HOF

Now there's a shocker.

Oh but he did. Leon Lett. Only the Bills could have their season highlight center on the circumstances of a Super Bowl blowout hustle play by a special team genius. Fitting actually.

Don Beebe is the guy you are thinking of.....but you're on the right track!

Don Beebe is the guy you are thinking of.....but you're on the right track!

And it was a defensive fumble recovery and return, not a special teams play.