Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

if we combined the work ethic and character of EJ and Talent of Johnny we would finally have a QB.

If I'm Rex I tell him go party all you want just make sure you put the work in and you will get a shot. A guy like Johnny wants to rebel when told not have a good time, but tell him to party his butt off he may not want to go as much.

Either way he has the talent and with supposed QB guru Lee maybe he can teach him the pro game.

LOL

Well if he did come to Buffalo, like Chan and Barbarian hopes for, he could only party at Applebee's!

TGI Fridays get it right!!

The guy can play, it's just a matter of whether he is dedicated enough to do it. The last college game he played against Duke and countless other games showed that. The NFL is full of the best athletes in the world. The game is faster, reaction times quicker, players are faster, players are stronger, and the football I.Q. overall is higher. Right now he's Johnny Rockstar and not Johnny Football. Hopefully he shakes out of it and gets his crap together before he ends up like Todd Marinovich.

I believe that he actually wants to succeed unlike Todd who just wanted to surf and get high, so this should motivate him to get it together because I guy like him doesn't want to go out as a bust.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/306280/j-manziel-committed-to-nightlife-as-rookie

Citing nearly 20 Browns sources, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Pat McManamon report Johnny Manziel exhibited a "year-long pattern" of lacking commitment and preparation to football and a "continued commitment to nightlife" during his rookie year.

One player called Manziel a "100 percent joke." Team security reportedly found Manziel "drunk off his a--" the morning before the Browns' season finale. He was fined for missing a treatment for his injured hamstring and spent the Week 17 loss to Baltimore in Cleveland's locker room. During his first NFL start, "Several sources said Manziel either didn't know the plays in the huddle or didn't call them correctly." Sources also told Fowler and McManamon that since-departed OC Kyle Shanahan preferred Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Savage to Manziel as a 2014 draft prospect. Fowler and McManamon claim Manziel still has some "support in the (Browns') building," though it's mostly "on the business side."

Source: ESPN.com

Jan 23 - 3:15 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/306280/j-manziel-committed-to-nightlife-as-rookie

Citing nearly 20 Browns sources, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Pat McManamon report Johnny Manziel exhibited a "year-long pattern" of lacking commitment and preparation to football and a "continued commitment to nightlife" during his rookie year.

One player called Manziel a "100 percent joke." Team security reportedly found Manziel "drunk off his a--" the morning before the Browns' season finale. He was fined for missing a treatment for his injured hamstring and spent the Week 17 loss to Baltimore in Cleveland's locker room. During his first NFL start, "Several sources said Manziel either didn't know the plays in the huddle or didn't call them correctly." Sources also told Fowler and McManamon that since-departed OC Kyle Shanahan preferred Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Savage to Manziel as a 2014 draft prospect. Fowler and McManamon claim Manziel still has some "support in the (Browns') building," though it's mostly "on the business side."
Source: ESPN.com
Jan 23 - 3:15 PM

That is disapointing, was really hoping we would take Garrapola too.

We picked a bad year to need QB, because after Marcus and Jamies the rest of the QBs are backups at best.

That is disapointing, was really hoping we would take Garrapola too.

We picked a bad year to need QB, because after Marcus and Jamies the rest of the QBs are backups at best.

i think they will sign a vet and if they do draft a guy, it will be for developmental reasons/to replace Tuel.

It's funny guys like BB and FC bash everything EJ does yet ride Johnny Bench's Richard and make every excuse for him. He seriously looked like one of the worst Wbs ever when he played.

That said, and I hate everything about JF and think he is a spoiled little d bag, it would be dumb to give up on him now. The 1st round pick is a sunken cost and no one is giving you higher than maybe a 6th. Keep him for a year and see if he grows up. (Which really doesn't matter because he's not skilled enough anyways but still).

I'd take him for a mid round pick. With some experience, which he never really got in Cleveland, and good coaching, he may be the old Johnny. He's enthusiastic and has skills. The same can't be said of EJ.

If he misses events drunk and doesn't know the playbook, how do you expect him to do anything? Kid has to learn to walk still and some of you are projecting him for track and field medals.

I'd take him for a mid round pick. With some experience, which he never really got in Cleveland, and good coaching, he may be the old Johnny. He's enthusiastic and has skills. The same can't be said of EJ.

Hahahaha. What skills does have that are better than EJ? He's like half the size, slower, has a worse arm, and has been an entitled spoiled little brat his whole life. Other than that, he is far superior.

The Browns would love for you to be a NFL GM. That would be the second best trade they made next to getting a first for Trent 3.0.

i think they will sign a vet and if they do draft a guy, it will be for developmental reasons/to replace Tuel.

That's the only way I see it too.

Maybe we get a vet and Johhny for third string if that doesn't wake his ass up nothing will. As much as I don't like EJ I can respect his dedication and work habits.

JM didn't get the experience because he wasn't ready to play. He still wasn't ready when he did get his chance. It wasn't the coaches. It was him.

What skills does have that are better than EJ? He's like half the size, slower not true , has a worse arm not true, and has been an entitled spoiled little brat his whole life irrelevant, lots of Jerks out there. Other than that, he is far superior.

The Internet is easy to use.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/johnny-manziel?id=2543462

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ej-manuel?id=2539228

EJ had a faster 40 despite weighing 30 lbs more. There is not a single thing he does better physically than EJ.

Johnny Hobbit is like Vick with half of the physical talent.

The Internet is easy to use.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/johnny-manziel?id=2543462

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ej-manuel?id=2539228

EJ had a faster 40 despite weighing 30 lbs more. there is not a single thing he does better physically than EJ .

Johnny Hobbit is like Vick with half of the physical talent.

:lol: :lol: :lol: are you serious !! he is faster on the field and is a million times better runner and scrambler and they have about the same arm. The TV screen is even easier to use.

:lol: :lol: :lol: are you serious !! he is faster on the field and is a million times better runner and scrambler and they have about the same arm. The TV screen is even easier to use.

Do you just like him because he's a short white guy and looks like an elf? Did you even watch his starts? He liked like a Pop Warner qb. Guys two hand touch him and send him flying.

I would respect your opinion if you had some objectivity. But the way you bash EJ and pimp terrible Wbs and make excuses for them is funny. Johnny Football was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is desperate to be famous. EJ plays through his mother battling cancer and doesn't say a word to anyone.

Manziel's games were legendarily bad but the one thing that Cleveland fans kept saying was he looked small and slow out there. I know he was shifty in college but not sure it showed up once he got to the big time. It also seemed like he looked smaller and smaller as the game went on. Like shrinking under the pressure. It was kind of sad.

Do you just like him because he's a short white guy and looks like an elf? Did you even watch his starts? He liked like a Pop Warner qb. Guys two hand touch him and send him flying.

I would respect your opinion if you had some objectivity. But the way you bash EJ and pimp terrible Wbs and make excuses for them is funny. Johnny Football was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is desperate to be famous. EJ plays through his mother battling cancer and doesn't say a word to anyone.

ooh 6 quaters bust, I don't care how EJ or Johny grew up, how they play is all that matters, and right now Johnny sux and should be third behind EJ but I still want a guy who has shown he can play in college, EJ was average then he is average now.

the resaon I don't have confidence in EJ is because he is a hard worker and a good guy and still plays poorly. IF Johny gets his head on right we would have a shot at a top QB.

ooh 6 quaters bust, I don't care how EJ or Johny grew up, how they play is all that matters, and right now Johnny sux and should be third behind EJ but I still want a guy who has shown he can play in college, EJ was average then he is average now.

the resaon I don't have confidence in EJ is because he is a hard worker and a good guy and still plays poorly. IF Johny gets his head on right we would have a shot at a top QB.

I think you let your biases blind you but fair enough. Johnny played in a great system that saw Case Keenum set records with 2 top 10 pick OTs and a beast top wr.

IMO, Johnny peaked in college while EJ still has room to grow. And given how much better EJ'd head is screwed on and with his better physical tools, I think he has a much brighter NFL future. And I really don't think it's close. Jmo and neither guy may do anything.

Aren't there quite a few Johnny Football supporters here that would want him for the Bills? He was high on BB's list for one.

Because the important story here is the support he got from folks on a Bills message board... :huh:

Seriously though...I don't blame anyone for thinking JF could eventually play well in this league...He has enough talent...Unfortunately he's dumber and less mature than even his harshest critics could have imagined...An undersized QB with a slightly above average arm is going to have to work awfully hard, especially on the mental aspects of the game, to succeed in the NFL...So far, from most reports, it seems Manziel has been the opposite of a hard worker...He's actually been far worse than most thought he would be...

So anyway, I don't see the need to point fingers at those who thought he could be a decent NFL QB eventually...I thought he had great potential...But I also assumed he would grow up because I thought he loved football enough...Obviously I was wrong, and many others were too...But I don't see how anyone could have figured his off-field behavior would be this bad, this early...Sure the signs were there...But he's taking it up a notch... B-)